We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What are we in social terms? Options

Bisy
#1 Posted : 7/31/2021 6:03:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

we arent geeks, we arent nerds, we arent narcissists, we arent law abiding citizens, and we arent normal.. so what social title do you think those of us who frequent the nexus most accurately describes us? Do we need to give ourselves a proper classification?
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 7/31/2021 8:37:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychonauts 🙂
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 7/31/2021 12:10:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hey, I'm proud to be a nerd!! I don't expect my place under the umbrella to become crowded, however.

The suggested term 'psychonaut' makes me wonder about the connotations of that term in wider society. For some people, any word prefixed with 'psycho' is a loaded term. Case in point, I once mentioned to someone whom I thought might be a bit open-minded that Coleus plants were thought to be psychoactive and he replied, "Does that mean it turns you into a psycho?" He may have been making a joke at my expense but I think he was just being ignorant. I don't especially think of myself as being a psychonaut anyhow, regardless of whatever my track record might indicate.

The term 'Nexians' has been used on occasion. I guess this is significantly more obscure than 'psychonauts' as a term.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

#4 Posted : 7/31/2021 12:53:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I'm a very curious person when it comes to all this. Also I have usually always had a tendency to push the limits on things in most areas of my life [not much has really changed here].

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 7/31/2021 1:37:50 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

OK, perhaps we should use the term "very curious people" Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 7/31/2021 3:43:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We are hobbyists. We are a group of people, lucky enough to be in the position where we can afford having a hobby.

The legality of our hobby varies per country and region, so i think that overall you could say that we have a semi-legal hobby.

So from a societal point of view i guess we are a bit like people who have base-jumping from tall buildings as a hobby.

It is a bit eccentric. Some would call us weirdo's. People who put themselves at risk with dangerous plants and chemicals.

But most people, i suppose, just see us as drug users.

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 7/31/2021 3:54:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

dragonrider wrote:
We are hobbyists. We are a group of people, lucky enough to be in the position where we can afford having a hobby.

The legality of our hobby varies per country and region, so i think that overall you could say that we have a semi-legal hobby.

So from a societal point of view i guess we are a bit like people who have base-jumping from tall buildings as a hobby.

It is a bit eccentric. Some would call us weirdo's. People who put themselves at risk with dangerous plants and chemicals.

But most people, i suppose, just see us as drug users.

Because of my connotation with the word "hobby" I'd say we're passionate hobbyists.

I have mixed feelings about the term psychonaut. I feel it's very appropriate I'm it's implied symbolism, but the connotations mentioned by df0 as well as the egoism exhibited by some who subscribe to the term make me weary of using it. That said, maybe we're passionate psychonaut hobbyists.

Or ridiculously passionate psychonautic nexian hobbyists... idk Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

dreamer042
#8 Posted : 7/31/2021 5:45:00 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

ShamanisticVibes
#9 Posted : 7/31/2021 6:45:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Hey, I'm proud to be a nerd!! I don't expect my place under the umbrella to become crowded, however.

The suggested term 'psychonaut' makes me wonder about the connotations of that term in wider society. For some people, any word prefixed with 'psycho' is a loaded term. Case in point, I once mentioned to someone whom I thought might be a bit open-minded that Coleus plants were thought to be psychoactive and he replied, "Does that mean it turns you into a psycho?" He may have been making a joke at my expense but I think he was just being ignorant. I don't especially think of myself as being a psychonaut anyhow, regardless of whatever my track record might indicate.

The term 'Nexians' has been used on occasion. I guess this is significantly more obscure than 'psychonauts' as a term.

That is why I like "Psychenaught". I think it says more in a nicer way Big grin
May we continue to be blessed

dragonrider
#10 Posted : 7/31/2021 6:51:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very relatable.

Wich type would you say you identify with most?

ShamanisticVibes
#11 Posted : 7/31/2021 7:12:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:

Wich type would you say you identify with most?

For me, I would say it is mostly the plant geek in which I identify, with slight undertones of taster/daredevil; although those undertones lose strength the older I become. Big grin
May we continue to be blessed

Spiralout
#12 Posted : 7/31/2021 7:18:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's gardener's and then there's pre-gardeners (this is why we have the seedling/flower dichotomy). Once you get past flower stage you turn into an entity type thing, then into a "police of the garden" type thing (maybe that's equitable to turning into a mescaline). And then you turn into a toad... Which is basically 0's and 1's, or electron patterns, or what not.

So yeah, that's the simple obvious way to think about it.

murklan
#13 Posted : 8/1/2021 12:24:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiralout wrote:
There's gardener's and then there's pre-gardeners (this is why we have the seedling/flower dichotomy). Once you get past flower stage you turn into an entity type thing, then into a "police of the garden" type thing (maybe that's equitable to turning into a mescaline). And then you turn into a toad... Which is basically 0's and 1's, or electron patterns, or what not.

So yeah, that's the simple obvious way to think about it.

Yep, couldn't have not said it better myself!

PedroSanchez
#14 Posted : 8/6/2021 10:15:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i think of myself as an explorer of nature, so maybe a naturenaught?
i have always used 'psyconaught' but i agree with the comments about the term and like many others, focus a larger portion of my time on gardening than i do exploring.

honestly though i don't care what others want to call me, i am just going to get on with what i am doing all the same Smile