We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
D-Limonene Purity Question Options

idtravlr
#1 Posted : 2/5/2010 4:01:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For those of you that have been working with d-limonene... Can you tell me if there is much difference between 95% pure "Food Grade" and 99% pure "High Purity" d-limonene? I mean, aside from the obvious percentage diffs, will there be any significant variance in extraction quality? This is in regard to ANY type of extraction (i.e. root bark, cactus, vilca seeds, etc).

Thanks!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

q21q21
#2 Posted : 2/5/2010 5:49:11 AM

SWIM

SWIM is told the 99% will still give a slight residue, but very few extraction require evaporating it.
SWIM's FG has served him well.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

endlessness
#3 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:54:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM and a bunch of other people use 95% and it works perfectly.. it will make no difference in your extraction. You shouldnt be evaporating limonene anyways, as q21 said, you should always salt your alkaloids from it and reuse it.. So yeah 95 is perfect, you can go with that Smile

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 2/5/2010 3:37:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Supposedly, 99% works better for uses involving heat application, like boiling it to purify bufotenin. SWIM onloy uses it for extractions, and FG works great for him.

idtravlr
#5 Posted : 2/6/2010 6:10:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all. I thought this question might be a bit silly, but as it turns out, it was a valid question indeed! I appreciate the feedback!

As I've said many times before... "I just LOVE this place"!

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

transitory
#6 Posted : 2/6/2010 1:38:13 PM

currently intergrating

Quote:
For those of you that have been working with d-limonene... Can you tell me if there is much difference between 95% pure "Food Grade" and 99% pure "High Purity" d-limonene?

I honestly don't know but somebody here pointed out once that if not labelled as "Food Grade" then the 1% impurity in any "High Purity" product could be potentially harmful?

My d-limonene is labelled as "100% (R)(+) Limonene, 4-isopentyl-1-methylcyclohexane -"
"Give enough that it feels good but not so much it hurts"
Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realisation that there is absolutely nothing to attain.
What is sought remains hidden from the seeker by already being everything.

(Tony Parsons)