We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harmalas extraction problem Options

nan0tEch
#1 Posted : 7/17/2021 5:36:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Need some guidance, i’m doing this tek from gordo on extracting the harmalas from syrian rue. As a read this wiki i’m at step 13 where i disolve the dryed filtered powder in water and salt. Here it went wrong. As i followed the gordo tek i didn’t get the salt crystals after cooling the hot water solution in a coolbox with warm water. So i thought i add salt but i never got the salt crystals. Now i added water and tryed again, but still no luck.

What i now do have is brown salt on the bottom of the jar. Is this the same, can I salvage the harmalas or is it gone. As i read in the wiki step 13 you have to be careful not to get vasicine and vasicinone whit to much salt.

Hope you get my question. Otherwise i start all over.

nan0tEch attached the following image(s):
Uhh.jpg.JPG (2,870kb) downloaded 60 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sakkadelic
#2 Posted : 7/18/2021 12:05:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It looks like you do have some harmala crystals, sometimes they come out like that. You can try dissolving what you have in slightly acidified hot water, filter, then base to get the freebase. You can then do another manske if you want it in salt form. For manske use 15g salt per 100ml of solution.
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky