We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT sterilization in pressure cooker Options

SalooM
#1 Posted : 7/14/2021 7:27:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everybody,

I am considering trying the IM route and I really want to be cautious and make sure that everything is being performed as good as possible, for a home setup. I remeber years ago, I grew some mushrooms a few times. I used to sterilize the cakes in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes, keeping aluminum foil on top of the jar containers in order to allow air exhange inside the pressure cooker and also protect the cakes from microorganisms when I remove them out of the pressure cooker. Pretty standard procedure for cakes.

I wonder if I can do the same with DMT and have a high level of confidence that the end material will be completely sterile. I am thinking of pre-weighting the DMT in a small glass vial, tap it with a small piece of aluminium foil and pressure cook it for 20 minutes. Then perform all other necessary activities inside a home-made glovebox (not a real glovebox but the one used also in cultivating mushrooms, a plastic box with 2 holes where you spray alcohol inside, after you have inserted your hands). I am not going to skip the filtration part but I am reading that when filtering, even a 0.22 filter does not remove spores while at the same time you can never be sure on the quality of the purchased filter. I am taking the pressure cooker sterilization step as an addition to everything else mentioned so far on the subject.

Can you see any reason why this might not be a good idea, taking into account that the fumarate salts melts at around 150 degrees?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 7/14/2021 10:08:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you have procedures for ascertaining the purity of your product?

I believe any impurities from the extraction are a bigger problem in IM administration than bacteria. The dmt salts are pretty devoid of organic life by nature I believe.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

slane
#3 Posted : 7/15/2021 12:26:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you don't reuse the glovebox you used for mushrooms, spores in your product shouldn't be an issue, right?

Injecting anything is rather radical. That being said, as long as you're using near to pure DMT salt dissolved in safe water and filtered properly through a .22 micron wheel, it would probably go along fine.

SalooM
#4 Posted : 7/15/2021 5:54:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Do you have procedures for ascertaining the purity of your product?

I believe any impurities from the extraction are a bigger problem in IM administration than bacteria. The dmt salts are pretty devoid of organic life by nature I believe.

If by procedures you mean access to analytical instruments such as MS, NMR or HPLC, unfortunately no. I base my assumptions (or my hopes) that I will be safe on the following reasons:

1) the purification process. Repeated cycles of crystallizations and conversions from feebase to fumarate and vice versa, followed by an activated carbon final wash, produced icy white crystals. Any trapped solvent impurities will be evaporated after I disolve the fumarate in water and dry it out.

2) When I used to smoke it (I cannot anymore), I felt awfull. My lungs were in pain for days and the DMT experience was severely affected by the discofmort I was feeling, even when using a GVG. I believe that in these temperatures, a small part of DMT is converted into unknown byproducts that manage to enter the bloodstream through the lungs. I do not have scientific proof on that, but I can see yelllowish/orangish coloration of recondensed, initially white DMT. I think that any organic miniscule impurities left after the purification process, will be less damaging than those produced by the heated material. This is not an argument on the purity of my product, but a comparison to the purity of the alternative choice.

3) There are people who follow this path of administration and they clean their DMT following the standard procedures everyone on this site does. I guess that the only reason something would go wrong with me, will be if my DMT source has an organic impurity that managed to pass through the purification steps AND my organism is extremely allergic to this compound.

I do believe too that no bacteria flourishes on DMT or would survive the toxic solvents used in the process. I am mostly concerned on microorganisms landing on the final product from the surrounding air, and ending up in my bloodstream. Maybe I am a little bit paranoid on this, but I have never done such a thing and I want to do it safely. Information about preparing DMT of injectable quality in a home setting, seems really scarce. Maybe because the final result can never be validated or because so few people choose this route so there is no public force to push research into this direction, or maybe because this topic is a taboo and people who do it prefer not to talk about it alot.

Woolmer
#5 Posted : 7/15/2021 9:11:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

slane wrote:
spores in your product shouldn't be an issue, right?

Not sure of the validity here but.. 'Magic mushrooms' grow in man's blood after injection with shroom tea

SalooM
#6 Posted : 7/16/2021 5:44:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Woolmer wrote:
slane wrote:
spores in your product shouldn't be an issue, right?

Not sure of the validity here but.. 'Magic mushrooms' grow in man's blood after injection with shroom tea

Big grin Big grin Big grin

I do not know if this is real or not, but I find it hillarious. Cubensis the carnivore.

Nevertheless, recommended filters' pore size is 0.22 um whereas cubensis spore size is 11.5–17.3 x 8–11.5 µm, according to good old Wiki. They shouldn't pass through.