We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
does syrian rue contain THH?. Options

starway7
#1 Posted : 7/10/2021 10:22:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acording to this ..it does have THH in the seeds ...probibly low a low percentage though...

read below..

The seeds of “Syrian rue.” ... Peganum harmala contains β-carbolines such as harmaline, harmine, harmalol, harmol, tetrahydroharmine, and the quinazoline derivatives vasicinone and deoxyvasicinone (Hemmateenejad, Abbaspour, Maghami, Miri, & Panjehshahin, 2006; Zhao et al., 2011).

Tetrahydroharmine - an overview | ScienceDirect Topicshttps://www.sciencedirect.com › topics › tetrahydroharmine

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dithyramb
#2 Posted : 7/10/2021 11:49:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It does, and there might be ways to increase the natural percentage in the seeds.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 7/12/2021 9:17:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Ways to increase? Any specific suggestions?

I've used magnesium ribbon with ascorbic and acetic acids in crude rue tea to seemingly good effect but this takes twelve hours. How might we coax the plant to do it for us?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dithyramb
#4 Posted : 7/12/2021 10:45:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

İt's mostly a gut feeling on my side. The living plant needs to be studied either through cultivation or in the wild. Very young/fresh seeds might be a good starting point to look at... The alkaloid profile changes a lot from unripe fruit to very late seeds. Also, I believe fresh seeds (regardless of maturity) contain a higher amount of THH. The visuals are highly colorful and very elaborate and these qualities are lost after being stored for a while.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 7/13/2021 2:18:35 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

That certainly makes sense; your experiential evidence seems to back this up.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Loveall
#6 Posted : 7/13/2021 4:24:59 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Side note: One harmala that could be significant is harmalol. Not as easy to isolate because it is water soluble at high pH, but it is in the seeds. I think we usually discard with the first water in the first basing.

We had some success a few years ago (there is a thread and mass spec result), but it was cumbersome. Didn't have ethyl acetate back then which may be very good at extracting harmalol from salty water at pH = pI (isoelectric point). Then one could try crashing harmalol with citric acid.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

dithyramb
#7 Posted : 7/13/2021 7:46:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall, why do you think harmalol might be significant? Are you familiar with it's effects?

And what about harmol?

~ Pablo Amaringo

starway7
#8 Posted : 7/13/2021 11:13:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes... THH is in rue... here are photos of that beautyfull blue glow using a high proof whole seed alcohol extraction.....
starway7 attached the following image(s):
DSC09982.JPG (2,591kb) downloaded 96 time(s).
DSC09965.JPG (2,493kb) downloaded 96 time(s).
DSC09976.JPG (2,404kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
DSC09969.JPG (2,446kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
DSC09979.JPG (2,627kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
DSC09980.JPG (2,588kb) downloaded 95 time(s).

Loveall
#9 Posted : 7/14/2021 3:59:57 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

dithyramb wrote:
Loveall, why do you think harmalol might be significant? Are you familiar with it's effects?

And what about harmol?

Based loosely on some results in the literature that indicate harmalol can be significant 1% or more (example) and similar to harmaline and harmine.

Other harmalas (including harmol) seem to be present in much lower amounts.

I'm not familiar with harmalol's effects (if any), but I do think there are 3 main harmalas in Syrian Rue, and we are dumping one of them (to be fair, it is more difficult to extract).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚