We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT and oxidation Options

PsillyPsimon
#1 Posted : 7/8/2021 10:06:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I am wondering if there is any way to test if DMT has oxidised. I also understand that there is a tek to 'de-oxidise' DMT. Any information is appreciated.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 7/8/2021 11:39:27 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I believe DMT oxide is insoluble in acetone based on work from Brennendes Wasser.

A lot of us don't think DMT oxide is a thing we usually get. Most of the time the colors/oils are just DMT polymorphs (DMT interacting with itself and taking on a different appearance). Calling that DMT oxide is a broad miss-conception I think.

To "reset" the DMT appearance you can do a mini A/B with gentle conditions during the base step (pH not above 12 and no more than 8% ionic strength). If you search the forum you can find successful conversion of oil to xtals this way.

I think some people added Zn during the mini A/B. The Zn does nothing and is not necessary to recover DMT xtals from the DMT polymorph goo. I think there was a miss interpretation that the Zn was reducing DMT oxide to DMT (which it would IF starting with DMT oxide), but in reality the A step was just breaking up the starting DMT polymer (bubbles are not a sign of reaction, they happen when Zn is in an acid I believe).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Jagube
#3 Posted : 7/9/2021 12:09:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
(bubbles are not a sign of reaction, they happen when Zn is in an acid I believe).

Yes.
Zn + CH3COOH -> (CH3COO)2Zn + H2

someblackguy
#4 Posted : 7/9/2021 7:06:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Barker SA, Monti JA, Christian ST. Metabolism of the hallucinogen N,N-dimethyltryptamine in rat brain homogenates. Biochem Pharmacol. 1980 Apr 1;29(7):1049-57. doi: 10.1016/0006-2952(80)90169-0. PMID: 6770869.

“In order to further identify DMT-NO, two additional solvent systems were utilized [chloroform-methanol-NHsOH (conc.), 60:10:1 and n-butanol-acetic acid (glacial)-water, 8:1:1]. The N-oxide was also identified by reacting the eluted sample from the thin-layer chromatography plates, corresponding to the Rf for DMT-NO, with zinc and acetic acid. The reduced N-oxide was rechromatographed in the previously described solvent systems and identified as DMT.”

Spellbreaking is the better part of alchemy, extraction, and the art of undoing—but a cocksure kind of lovingkindness, a clockwork clock, works time.

Nakhig lo shulun, Sharuku! Gorz nash!
“Where is your master? Where is he?”
Mig shâ zog... Undagush! Nakh
Atigat iuk no lighav wizard...

PsillyPsimon
#5 Posted : 7/10/2021 6:58:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Awesome guys. Thanks for your replies.