We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Liquid LSD stability/storage Options

Bob Hugson
#1 Posted : 7/6/2021 12:06:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

Does anyone know if liquid LSD will degrade considerably if stored at a temperature of 35-36° Celsius for weeks to months?

The vial is sealed, and it is in a dark place, but the room temperature at the location is quite high.

Thanks in advance

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 7/6/2021 1:09:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Bob Hugson wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know if liquid LSD will degrade considerably if stored at a temperature of 35-36° Celsius for weeks to months?

The vial is sealed, and it is in a dark place, but the room temperature at the location is quite high.

Thanks in advance

If you can, put the vial in a box and place the box in the refrigerator. Should keep it pretty stable if I'm not mistaken.

To directly answer your question, I think it probably will. That's pretty hot.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 7/6/2021 2:22:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I keep all my LSD in an envelope in the fridge, inside the little compartment in the door. For me this usually means gels or blotters but the idea is the same.

olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

The Traveler
#4 Posted : 7/6/2021 2:26:03 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

IIRC above 25C and uv-light destroys LSD.

So your temperature is way too high.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 7/6/2021 4:10:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
I keep all my LSD in an envelope in the fridge, inside the little compartment in the door. For me this usually means gels or blotters but the idea is the same.

I actually keep my liquid and my gummies in a lockbox in the freezer. This is because I take LSD very rarely, but like having plenty around lol.

One love

Edit: Found this paper on LSD stability. Hope it helps .
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

shroombee
#6 Posted : 7/6/2021 7:10:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What are y'alls techniques for freezing?

I put my goodies in a mason jar with a lot of desiccant packets (silica and activated alumina) to minimize condensation inside the jar when I remove it from the freezer. I take the jar out of the freezer at least an hour before I intend to open it to let it reach room temperature. Thus no moist room air enters the jar and condenses on a cold interior.

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 7/6/2021 8:10:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shroombee wrote:
What are y'alls techniques for freezing?

I put my goodies in a mason jar with a lot of desiccant packets (silica and activated alumina) to minimize condensation inside the jar when I remove it from the freezer. I take the jar out of the freezer at least an hour before I intend to open it to let it reach room temperature. Thus no moist room air enters the jar and condenses on a cold interior.

That's an awesome idea. Mine are just in a lockbox in a freezer. I may adopt your technique. Thank you.

One love

Bob Hugson
#8 Posted : 7/9/2021 8:15:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I left a vial with about 60 drops of acid in the cupboard in our holiday home about 4 weeks ago. I won't be able to go and retrieve it for another few weeks.

I will report back when I recover it.

Bob Hugson
#9 Posted : 10/4/2021 11:16:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So, reporting back, as promised.

Liquid LSD, in an airtight container, in a dark cupboard, at a mean room temperature of 30-32 degrees for 8 weeks, did not lose potency to any noticeable degree.

The LSD solution is in a dropper bottle. Each drop of the solution contains 150 micrograms of LSD.

One drop was placed on a sugar cube, and then the sugar cube was grinded up and divided into 10 parts. Approximately one part out of ten, ie. 15 micrograms, was ingested, and it was just as effective as a 15 microgram microdose, as it has ever been.

What a relief.

Cheers

Dirty T
#10 Posted : 10/4/2021 5:35:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would imagine liquid will keep indefinitely. I've had some blotter wrapped in foil for 8 months and it's still the same as it was when I got it. The longest I've stored blotter is 5 years with 0 noticeable degradation. It is nice to read further confirmation on this.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 10/4/2021 6:26:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

In order of importance, it's keeping it dark, keeping it dry [if blotter, obviously the liquid is wet!], keeping it airtight, keeping it cool. IMHO. That's what the anecdotal data seems to confirm.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

lobo
#12 Posted : 10/4/2021 6:55:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I storage a vial for 5 years in the frezze... inmaculeted

VegasNightStar
#13 Posted : 10/20/2021 6:17:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had vials (ice drops variant) go from a clear liquid to an extremely dark yellow-borderline black yellow colour (the stronger ones) and the lesser strength ones a rich yellow in under a year. I think it was 10 months to be exact.

VegasNightStar
#14 Posted : 10/20/2021 6:18:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think its to do with the crystal it was done from's impurities/quality. Has anyone held onto one in normal conditions (no freezer) for longer than a year and not seen any color change?

Does anyone know if glass vials are better than the plastic type for oxidation prevention?

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 10/20/2021 2:57:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Some types of plastic are permeable to oxygen and other gases. Flame sealed glass ampoules are optimal until you have to open them Very happy

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli