We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
So I tried a dose of the other cactus alks... Options

Wolfnippletip
#1 Posted : 6/23/2021 1:19:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had 4 grs of tan full spectrum mescaline made from mostly No-name Bridgesii, but also some Peru and Pach. I cleaned it up with Methyl Ethyl Ketone which left me with exactly two grams of off-white mescaline acetate (I assume, remains to be seen) and the brown gummy other 2 grams of what I am assuming are the other non-mescaline alks. I evaporated it too and capped up the gummy clear tan results in 8 250mg doses.

I did one of those 250mg caps and this is what I found:

1) It is definitely psychoactive but it's a bit like mescaline without all of the fireworks and circus. I saw some tracers and objects and surfaces doing the familiar psychedelic shifting. It was intoxicating enough that even at 250 mg it would have been a bad idea to drive or mess with tools.

2) It seems to be the source of the muscle tension that often accompanies a mescaline high. My lower back wasn't the same for a week.

3) It didn't seem to be as empathogenic as the full blown mescaline experience. A good mescaline ride will magnify emotions to a ridiculous degree in me, but I didn't notice much of that with this substance.

Found it interesting that in my batch the ratio was exactly 50/50 mescaline to other alkaloids. Before this little experiment I'd only done Cactus tea or full spectrum mesc acetate. Now I need to clear a day to try the purer product. Very happy

My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Grey Fox
#2 Posted : 6/24/2021 12:39:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting findings Wolf. I'm curious, how long did the effects last? Did you experience any nausea? This is a valuable experiment that you did. Thanks for sharing it with the community.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

shroombee
#3 Posted : 6/24/2021 1:43:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wolfnippletip wrote:
2) It seems to be the source of the muscle tension that often accompanies a mescaline high. My lower back wasn't the same for a week.

Years ago I would have fun drug experiences that were followed by lower back pain. I thought the drugs (MDMA, shrooms, mescaline) were the direct cause of the back pain. At that time in my life, I was susceptible to back pain due to stress, lifting weights, sleeping on a bad mattress, etc.

I later realized that I was tending to do things while high like lie in contorted positions or actively dancing and moving my body in ways it wasn't used to. Thus bringing on the back pain. Years later I have much better "back hygiene", my back feels great, and I don't get back pain from drug experiences anymore.

Wolfnippletip
#4 Posted : 6/24/2021 6:04:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I'm curious, how long did the effects last? Did you experience any nausea?

The onset started at about 1 hour with full effects in ~ 2 hours and lasting about 4 - 5 hours from onset. There was some slight transient nausea, almost not worth mentioning.

Quote:
Years ago I would have fun drug experiences that were followed by lower back pain. I thought the drugs (MDMA, shrooms, mescaline) were the direct cause of the back pain. At that time in my life, I was susceptible to back pain due to stress, lifting weights, sleeping on a bad mattress, etc.

I later realized that I was tending to do things while high like lie in contorted positions or actively dancing and moving my body in ways it wasn't used to. Thus bringing on the back pain. Years later I have much better "back hygiene", my back feels great, and I don't get back pain from drug experiences anymore.

To clarify, my lower back is subject to getting "tweaked" which can result in spasms and injury. Any of those conditions you listed can cause this. Full spectrum mescaline seems to cause muscle tension which predisposes me to an episode. This time, while high I simply bent over at the waist to pet one of my dogs and then stood up suddenly which locked my back up, but I was already very much aware of the increased tension before the incident.

I will be interested to see if the purer mescaline causes significant muscle tension.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Grey Fox
#5 Posted : 6/25/2021 4:49:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So a shorter duration than mescaline. That might explain why a lot of the bodyload issues with a cactus trip (in terms of muscle tension, vasoconstriction, muscle spasms, shaking, jaw clenching, etc.) are strongest during the first several hours.

If you ever decide to take 2 or 3 of those capsules I would be interested to hear how the effects intensify, especially the less empathetic quality to the experience. Maybe you'll get that feeling that strong bridgesii trips sometimes have that the trip is less euphoric and benevolent than San Pedro and more serious or even dark.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM