We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Hello! Options

Tomtegubbe
#21 Posted : 8/8/2021 8:23:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
I came with an idea (though someone else may have come up with it before me) called phenomenalogical skepticism. If I don't "know" jump in, uninhibited, and see what happens. It's a thought method that seems to bring a lot of understanding and potential insight.

Well put!

The next level is to transcendent these philosophical concepts that are incredibly deeply put into our mindset.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#22 Posted : 8/8/2021 11:53:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
I came with an idea (though someone else may have come up with it before me) called phenomenalogical skepticism. If I don't "know" jump in, uninhibited, and see what happens. It's a thought method that seems to bring a lot of understanding and potential insight.

Well put!

The next level is to transcendent these philosophical concepts that are incredibly deeply put into our mindset.

Love it! My background is philosophy (in a broad sense, not purely relegated to the Greeks or western philosophy, but also religious and esoteric philosophies (with esoteric systems is where phenomenalogical skepticism is a wonderful tool)), and it's what my degree is in and I continue to study. But my aim is of a parodixical nature in the use of philosophy (in its broad sense and as a fundamental to most formulated thought, esoteric (at least verbally of dialectically for the purpose of elucidation (which it's hard to elucidate the ineffable) or not) to transcend philosophy.

Hence my love of your statement.

Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Tomtegubbe
#23 Posted : 8/9/2021 12:45:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

Well put!

Love it! My background is philosophy (in a broad sense, not purely relegated to the Greeks or western philosophy, but also religious and esoteric philosophies (with esoteric systems is where phenomenalogical skepticism is a wonderful tool)), and it's what my degree is in and I continue to study. But my aim is of a parodixical nature in the use of philosophy (in its broad sense and as a fundamental to most formulated thought, esoteric (at least verbally of dialectically for the purpose of elucidation (which it's hard to elucidate the ineffable) or not) to transcend philosophy.

Love

One love

We seem to have very similar background in this regard. I tried quite successfully shift my perspective a little away from the Western perspective when I ordered The Bhagavad Gita translation and commentary by Eknath Easwaran.. You don't have the speculation there. There is just crystallized knowledge that speaks for it.

I have begun to question our Western culture that is built on religion that has many problems. At some point people began to protest against this and then came materialism that these people accepted as their new Lord.

I read a book about the influences of Plotinus (the neoplatonian) to the Saint Dionysus the Areopagite. I thought that this is mildly interesting, probably as far as you can get by Greek philosophy. Maybe.

Best knowledge is intuitive. 🙂
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Voidmatrix
#24 Posted : 8/9/2021 4:15:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

Well put!

Love

One love

We seem to have very similar background in this regard. I tried quite successfully shift my perspective a little away from the Western perspective when I ordered The Bhagavad Gita translation and commentary by Eknath Easwaran.. You don't have the speculation there. There is just crystallized knowledge that speaks for it.

I have begun to question our Western culture that is built on religion that has many problems. At some point people began to protest against this and then came materialism that these people accepted as their new Lord.

I read a book about the influences of Plotinus (the neoplatonian) to the Saint Dionysus the Areopagite. I thought that this is mildly interesting, probably as far as you can get by Greek philosophy. Maybe.

Best knowledge is intuitive. 🙂

That's awesome. I actually cut my teeth on Hindu and Buddhist philosophies.

I personally find value in running the gamut, so try to cover as much as I can while adhering to some specific focuses.

You know me and my skepticism (polyvalent and without the negative connotations), so I question knowledge suspending judgement. It's all just a paradigm to me.

Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

PREV12