We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Never-ending, heartbreaking journey. Options

SawdustAndHoney
#1 Posted : 6/14/2021 1:51:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

THINGS I LEARNED:
Pharmahuasca, 60mg DMT freebase and ~3g Syrian rue seeds works incredibly.
USE GINGER AND HONEY! Makes it taste so much better and reduces any nausea.
Wash down the -hausca ingredients with some water.
Have a very long playlist of melodies ready. Make sure they range from emotion-rich to ambient.
Have something to chew on ready.

Hi,
I'm posting it here as I have to write a trip report of my first ever DMT experience and I can't yet post to other subforums:

TIMESTAMPS:

T - 0/ Drank 2.5g Syrian rue seeds tea.
T - 0:45/ Took a small dose of DMT (30mg - Due to the difference between the first
dose and the second dose I feel like I must've weighed the first one poorly)
After nothing happening for the next 2 hours I decided to try again.
T - 0/ Drank 2g Syrian rue seeds tea.
T - 0:25/ Drank 60mg DMT dissolved in citric acid
T - 0:55/ First effects hit me like a truck.
T - 1:00/ Long trip
T - 4:00/ Slow comedown

All the DMT was self synthesised by reductive amination of tryptamine with sodium borohydride and formalin in methanol.

DETAILED DESCRIPTION:
It's a darkening summer evening.
I loaded up 2.5g of Syrian rue seeds, I heated them up on a pan for a couple of minutes and then I smashed them in a mortar. I added them to water and turned on the gas burner. I squeezed in ~half of a lemon and covered with a lid to let it boil.
After around 8 minutes I filtered it off to remove any seed solids and sweetened it up with a spoonful of honey. Then I remembered about the ginger trick and grated nearly 1/4 of the whole.ginger piece. I washed the vessel in which I brewed the tea and I boiled the ginger in some water. Then I decanted the ginger water into the Peganum Harmala tea. I checked the fluorescence (incredible view!) and I drank the tea.

Around 45 minutes later I weighed my first dose. That was a 30mg crystal of freebase dissolved in a couple mls of lemon juice in a test tube. I drank it, first sloshing it around in my mouth like mouthwash. Then I felt some bodyload, but no effects at all.

After 2 hours I tried again. 2g Peganum Harmala and 25 minutes later 60mg freebase dissolved, this time, in a test tube with some citric acid crystals dissolved into them. After some shaking the test tube was clear and no DMT remained, so I drank it quickly and washed down with some water

After 30 minutes of laying on my bed and listening to music, right after I opened my eyes all the effects hit me like a truck. I started giggling like a child. I felt proud.

The ceiling became a canvas for fractals. It started slowly waving. I didn't have any music on at that point.

What happened after that was so chaotic, rapid, terribly slow and encapsulating all at once that I can't write any timestamps anymore, I can only say what was on the begging and what was at the end.

My entire bunk bed started swaying like a boat on a distraught sea.
I could lift off the bed and fall down as I wished.
It would be worth to note here, that up until the peak the experience was incredibly
controllable - I could stop the visuals and effects if I wanted. This changed before the peak and after it, when I couldn't stop the effects.
Anyways, waves of very intense euphoria hit me strongly. At this point I noticed that, contrary to my previous belief, DMT is very strongly sexual. The subsequent experience all melted into one archipelago of islands in my mind now and I feel like if I dug into each one of them I'd write this for years.

So, as a complication of examples:
I got very curious about body and textiles, I touched everything around me with great interest. It hit me strongly when I started to unscrew the light bulb attached to my bed.
I felt like everything I was experiencing was a movie.
I turned on Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion album. Good earphones are a MUST for this. Incredible waves of imagery, fractals and slow passage of time.

For the next few hours I played a lot of various music (including Sufjan Stevens' Age of Adz and Vashti Bunyan's Prospect Hummer). I was drifting through consciousness while admiring every little aspect of it.
I started playing with my tongue, holding it etc.
There was a very strong MDMA resemblance. Note that I've never actually taken MDMA, but this was exactly what I would have expected MDMA to feel like (while it was DMT!).
Very strong serotogenic activity, so bruxism (a loooot of jaw clenching for the whole couple hours), throat thirst, but I couldn't swallow any water, so I just played with it pouring it from my cup to mouth and vice versa.
During the experience I kept falling into seemingly never-ending fox holes of thoughts. I caught myself thinking "what if I took 60mg of MDMA and not DMT?" and them immediately understanding why that was nearly impossible (60mg of MDMA would be a light dose unlike this one and... I don't even own any MDMA.

It was a barrage of various emotions, but one was much more prevalent than others - happiness.
I felt as if I lost my sexual orientation and gender completely, I felt very primal and very advanced at once.
After the experience started coming down I took a bath and laid myself to sleep. I was very tired and I was happy that it was finished.

Sleep well, my prince.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 6/14/2021 3:14:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I feel some degree of the loss of gender almost everytime I journey, not matter how far I go.

Your experience sounds amazing and delightful, and transformative.

I am wondering if you maybe needed a little bit more harmala and DMT to cause an effect. I think both sets of doses should be considered in the breadth and depth of the experience. That could've been a 90mg experience! If you do this again, which amounts will you attempt?

I'd also be curious as to your interpretation of your experience if you ever do try MDMA. It isn't surprising that some of those aspects pop up in a DMT experience. There's so much it can offer.

Very beautiful and detailed report.

Thank you for sharing

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

SawdustAndHoney
#3 Posted : 6/14/2021 6:25:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know if I'll do it again, or if so, when and how. It was so much to take it that today, when I woke up, I had "Abzu" by Austin Wintory playing in my earphones just to keep calm. I'm still a bit confused. Nevertheless I was lucky to had such an experience.
I'll surely post any other experiences I'll eventually have with psychedelics here Smile.

Thanks Void and everyone else who helped me get where I am.

Dasein
#4 Posted : 6/14/2021 11:12:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yesterday I took 150mg harmine and then 15 minutes later 100mg harmile + 75 mg DMT freebase dissolved in citric acid. It was too much harmala... the experience was very LSD like, not very visual, but more introspective, deep and full of thoughts. It was pleasant, but very difficult... hard to describe! It was euphoric, but so much that I wouldn't want to experience it again for at least another few months. The trip went on for almost 12 hours, come down started around 6 hours after the intake.

Surprisingly, I had this MDMA like feeling shortly before the beginning of the come down (I have tried MDMA before). I thought about all the people in my life and felt this incredible love for all of them. I thought about my ex, whom I am still friends with. I couldn't develop any romantic feelings for her, but I still feel a strong plutonic love for her. She isn't doing very well, so I wanted to hug her, tell her how kind and pretty she is, I wanted to make her feel all the joy there is. I thought about my mother, I wanted to thank her for giving me the gift of life and allowing me to ponder upon the greatest mystery there is (which is funny because I have a fairly cynical and borderline nihilistic view of life). I thought about all the hardships that she had to suffer, all the pain she had to bear (mainly... poverty and all that comes along with it). I felt empathy, I could imagine what it would be like to go through it all, I felt a crushing sense of sorrow and sympathy, for my mother, for my friends and siblings and all life in general, yet surprisingly, it wasn't as dark as a few lsd experiences I have had. Sure, I saw how much misery and pain there is, but at the same time, I saw indescribable beauty in this feeling of sympathy and this naive and romantic endeavor to embrace each other, to share our warmth in this cold universe.

I wonder if harmala is responsible for this MDMA like feeling, because I have only ever felt it on oral DMT and a couple of times on sublingual harmala + vaped DMT.
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو

SawdustAndHoney
#5 Posted : 6/14/2021 12:38:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I felt very similarly to you, except the "love for everyone" MDMA feeling was present only slightly. What I meant more was the physical effects (bodily sensations, touching one's eyes and face, tapping on the head to feel a resonating, strong vibration).
Maybe it is indeed caused by the large amount of harmala. I'd gladly test it, but I am definitely not in the place where it would be possible for me Laughing.
Thank you kindly for sharing your experience.

Dasein
#6 Posted : 6/14/2021 3:26:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh yeah that too! my fingers felt weird, a bit sweaty or something, felt like touching everything. I touched my face, my lips, and at one point I had two fingers stuck between my teeth, then I started moving them between my teeth... yeah... weird! Also, this time I decided to go without music. It started with the typical weird DMT sounds, but I tried to focus on them and to not let myself feel weirded out by them. It turned into a whole orchestra of strange primitive sounds, mating calls of a thousand different animals, cries of monkeys and birds, sounds of frogs, hums and chants etc. I noticed that they all shared a common base frequency. I tried to imitate that, I put a pillow on my face to muffle the sound and then tried to produce the same frequency, at some point it started to resonate with all the other sounds, the whole thing became really hypnotic. I then tried to move my tongue around increase or decrease the mouth opening to get a slight overtone effect... that was pretty interesting!
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو

SawdustAndHoney
#7 Posted : 6/15/2021 7:34:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, I remembered one more thing.
With potent serotonin releasers I'd expect some effects of serotonin depletion on the
next day (confusion, sadness etc.), but in this case there wasn't anything like that.
Just some introspection and more understanding of the experience. So while the trip might've had the characteristics of MDMA, pharmacologically I'm sure something different happened. Very interesting!

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 6/15/2021 8:18:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

SawdustAndHoney wrote:
With potent serotonin releasers I'd expect some effects of serotonin depletion on the
next day (confusion, sadness etc.), but in this case there wasn't anything like that.
Just some introspection and more understanding of the experience. So while the trip might've had the characteristics of MDMA, pharmacologically I'm sure something different happened. Very interesting!

If I'm not mistaken, DMT is seretonergic, which doesn't necessarily mean it's releasing serotonin as much as it acts on the serotonin system, hence no feelings or symptoms of serotonin depletion.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Tomtegubbe
#9 Posted : 6/16/2021 1:01:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
SawdustAndHoney wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, DMT is seretonergic, which doesn't necessarily mean it's releasing serotonin as much as it acts on the serotonin system, hence no feelings or symptoms of serotonin depletion.

One love
DMT acts as a neurotransmitter itself in serotonin receptors, hence it doesn't deplete body's own serotonin reserves like MDMA does.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand