We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bodywork Options

findingmyplace
#1 Posted : 6/13/2021 1:47:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Maybe not the perfect forum for this but I think it can be a different perspective for psychedelic folks who sometimes can be caught up in their head. Also helpful for people thinking they "have depression" or "battling depression". In my opinion it does not help to identify with these labels. Everybody just is who he is with his unique identity.

So lets start.
To make it short, a few years ago I discovered psychedelics and was loving it. Amazed and thinking its the solution for most problems yada,yada,yada. Was diving deeper and deeper until I found out about DMT and wanted to try it. Extracted it and wanting to smoke it -> Did not work and as impatient as I was, planned to take it orally with some MAOI.
Things to consider: I wasnt really respecting the power these experiences can have(helps with beeing bold). I also had no balanced and healthy life, no real support structure for these things, etc.

So I did it alone at home and for the most part I was in a state of panic and shock.
Afterwards my mental health was way worse and I felt broken, scared and with a lot of anxiety.
Tried a lot of things to get better and the one thing that helped the most beside the obvious things(good sleep, healthy diet,some sort of physical exercise, good social life) is bodywork.

Its maybe not the best word because work can be seen as something negative. Whatever.
For me it is feeling into your body, beeing aware of your body, connecting your thoughts and emotions with your body. Its all connected, tensions, posture, gestures, facial experessions. Especially tensions in the muscles and maybe also fascia? are connected to trauma and life experiences. Having more awareness for your body and feeling into your body, possibly with a bodyworker(who also gets physical) can help to clear old blockages, getting aware of patterns and behaviours. It can provoke change for the better and help you to start creating the life you want. Btw Im no expert or anything, its just my perspective and what helped me most to create change and get better. You get more aware of what is good for you and what not because you can better feel it when youre connected with your body.
You are your body, the opposite of just carrying around your thinking brain. Its all connected.

Its also a nice antidote or balancing to the increasing digital lifestyle with more and more screen time and less and less connection between human beeings. Less feeling, less pauses and stillness, less real interaction. Working with your body can give you a lot back.

Many people understand and evaluate the world mostly through thinking and less through feeling and awareness. For example you see a nice tree, you can think "this is a nice tree, intense green leaves and really nice structure in the bark". The more you are a thinking person you intelectualize it and be in your head. Then its easier to get thoughts like: "Nothing new, I saw thousands of these trees already", etc. Beauty and awareness cant really be intelectualized. At least its way easier and more natural to just experience and feel it.

Thats why I also think why for me and many other people, therapy thats focused only on talking often doesnt really help. Note that I dont want to disregard its value, for many others it can be super helpful.

Thats enough ramblings, dont even know(intelectualize) why I wrote this, just felt like it Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.