We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is it safe to smoke DMT with MAO blocker alone? Options

bhjkf
#1 Posted : 6/6/2021 1:27:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello together,

I normally take some harmala freebase (MAO blocker) sublingually before smoking DMT, since I prefer to smoke myself slowly up to see if I am all right with letting go and everything before getting the full dose. For me it is kind of an important mental safety issue to use the MAOs.

A friend of mine told me that it could be dangerous to take a breakthrough dose this way without a trip sitter since it is possible that I have to puke and I could from my own vomit if I already left my body. He says this is an issue with DMT and gets even potentiated by the use of MAO blockers.

Since I havent found anything about this issue in the internet and I dont know if this is really a potential risk I would like to ask you I somebody else already thought about this possibility. My impression is that there are many people smoking DMT alone without trip sitter.

Nevertheless since I heard about this risk I am not able anymore to let myself go entering into hyperspace and going out of my body. So I am in a situation in which I do not know how to go on with the psychedelic way I chose to be mine.

I would be glad about any help or opinions about the possible risk I mentioned.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 6/6/2021 2:04:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You should always be sitting in a safe position before taking the toke, because you can pass out and lose your balance. If you take that into consideration I find it quite impossible to think of a situation where you would throw up and choke on your vomit.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 6/6/2021 2:57:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Tomtegubbe wrote:
You should always be sitting in a safe position before taking the toke, because you can pass out and lose your balance. If you take that into consideration I find it quite impossible to think of a situation where you would throw up and choke on your vomit.

I will second Tomtegubbe here. If you're at least upright enough, even if you have to purge (vomit), then it will expel itself and most likely fall on you instead of choking on it.

Power of suggestion is powerful. But you're right, there's a great many individuals smoalking DMT that are fine everytime.

Safe travels.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ShamensStamen
#4 Posted : 6/6/2021 3:59:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Idk how it goes with smoked pure DMT (have only done Changa as far as smoked DMT goes), but with oral DMT even on higher end dosages if i had to purge i could quickly sit up and purge, sometimes i'd projectile vomit, but most times i'd be able to grab the purge bucket quickly enough. So vomiting shouldn't be an issue, just make sure you have a purge bucket within arms reach.

bhjkf
#5 Posted : 6/6/2021 6:54:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all for the helpful, fast comments.

I think the idea with the purge bucket wont work if you are already in hyperspace since you wont be able to control your body.

But I suppose you are all right and a reasonable position does the job.

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 6/6/2021 7:11:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

bhjkf wrote:
Thank you all for the helpful, fast comments.

I think the idea with the purge bucket wont work if you are already in hyperspace since you wont be able to control your body.

But I suppose you are all right and a reasonable position does the job.

Hahahahaa, you may be surprised. Ime, when the urge to purge arises, regardless of when during the journey, my awareness comes back enough to grab the trashcan and let it out regardless if I can see it or not. Worst case, you vomit on yourself. That's really only as big a deal as you make it, especially if you're alone.

Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ShamensStamen
#7 Posted : 6/7/2021 1:48:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yup, even on my strongest doses, i've always been able to move around, grab the bucket, go to the bathroom, etc. Oral DMT and heavy dosages of Harmalas are quite manageable for me, Changa too. I've been fully absorbed into extremely powerful otherworldly experiences and been able to pull myself out and do something if need be. With smoked pure DMT, it may be a different story. I know when i tried a test dose of 5-MEO-DMT, my motor function went out the window lol, my arms could barely move, thankfully it didn't last long lol. I still haven't yet gathered up the balls/courage to do a proper dose of 5-MEO, but i have plenty of experience with oral DMT and Changa.