We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First Mushroom Experience - A sample from my book Options

ChristianMeteor
#1 Posted : 6/5/2021 6:28:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The post below makes good points, so I will simply share my a piece of my trip report: This is from my book, the Patterns of Existence

I opened the door and
stepped into a thick warmth that caused a heavy sensation to grow through my body. Slater
followed close behind, remarking on how the effects had begun to set in. I shut the door behind
us, and looked all around the living room expecting some kind of visual effect to have begun.
Nothing appeared out of the ordinary besides the fact that the room seemed ever so slightly
larger. Maybe even a little foreign; like my first day in the sixth grade classroom.
Slater sauntered over to the couch, and relaxed back into the soft brown leather cushion.
He had an aura of teenage carelessness and calm, and I felt at ease around him. I was not at all
concerned about what he was thinking of me, or any unspoken emotions or desires. He wore his
state of mind unfiltered, and I trusted him to be a good trip sitter. I knew some kind of effect was
starting, so I found the desk chair I had sat in earlier, and rested back into it. This caused the
sensation of blood and lucidity to dribble towards the back of my brain, leaving the front feeling
light and floaty. This euphoric feeling seemed to linger and grow slowly.
I was happy that I was in it. Mushrooms felt good, and though I knew I had just started
the come-up, I sensed deeper things would be revealed in time. I tried to remain as conscious as
possible of what was happening so that I could recall it. I was convicted that this trip held
something very special for me, and that I would need to reflect on it and use it for some kind of
greater development. This was directly a result of expectation, and ended up having the inverse
effect of what I intended. Instead of full immersion in the present moment, I was preoccupied
with what would come next and the peak.
My thought stream was broken by Slater inquiring about my experience. I took a moment
to respond and said “I really like mushrooms.”
“Hell yeah dude, Brady got some really good ones. I’m gonna hit him up and see if I can
get more.”
Even more mushrooms; glorious! I did not know of anyone else who had them available
for sale, and with the positivity of this experience so far, I was ecstatic that more could be on the
way. Drug deals were sketchy, but I was out of the way of harm with Slater assuming
responsibility. He was the one getting in the car, trading the cash and walking out with the
contraband. I got to reap the rewards which seemed selfish at times, but my involvement did not
change what Slater was going to do. I did not judge his insatiable desire for psychoactives, and
though I voiced my concerns, he relentlessly pursued a path of intoxication. My company and
home were safe and a source of support for Slater in a time of difficulty, but this was only
subliminal. We were just friends having fun, finding our way.
Not long after I had sat down, the visual effects began to manifest. I first noticed that the entire
living room had a pink hue to it, almost like neon gas was seeping out from the walls. Then, I
observed the soft yellow lighting from the lamp on the desk create an ambient gradient of
shading that stretched down the walls. This paired with the velvety darkness of the night pouring
in through the windows formed patches of contrast and shadow that seemed to amplify the
surfaces they rested on. This was far more mild than what I had expected, but novel nonetheless.
I noticed the curtains draped across the front window, and unique patterns across them.
They had rows of softball sized mandalas, and the longer I stared at them, the more I began to
notice movement. I thought that the curtain was swaying slightly from the air being blown out of
the register, but noticed the shapes turn in a clockwise manner. I could not decide on why this
curtain was behaving the way it was, even though I knew I was experiencing some level of visual
alteration. As the pink mist appeared to stain the curtain, my curiosity got the best of me, and I
had to know if it was truly moving.
Eyes locked on the anomalee, I got up out of the desk chair and walked over to the
curtain.
“What’s up?” Slater asked. “Do you see someone outside?”
“This curtain looks like it’s moving dude.”
I took a bit of the fabric in my hand, rubbing it between my fingers. The texture felt like
a grid, and I inspected it more closely to find that there was no movement. I half expected to see
a tiny colony of creatures living on it, being the cause of the mystery, but it was simply a curtain.
Slightly disappointed, I walked over to my chair, and noticed Slater watch me the entire way.
“You’re starting to trip now aren’t you?” Slater laughed.
“No man, it was really moving! Look at it.”
The two of us stared back at the curtain, and watched as a draft caused a slight sway to
vibrate through it.”
“Oh yeah, I can see where that would trip you out dude.”
“It’s weird man, the circles on it also look like their kind of moving too, independent of
the sway. They almost look like clocks.”
“Really? That’s sweet.”
I moved my attention from the curtain and noticed that the rotating circles had moved
from it and were now overlayed across my entire vision.
“Woah, I see a bunch of spirals now!”
“What!” Slater snickered.
Translucent circular vortexes patterned in a grid across my sight, similar to the visual
effect after staring at a light for too long. I soaked in this moment, thoroughly enjoying it, until I
decided to close my eyes and see if it would follow. Immediate blackness was followed by the
slow emergence of one large spinning vortex of black and white. I was reminded of the time I
stared at an optical illusion video with a very similar kind of object; a black and white swirling
whirlwind.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 6/6/2021 10:22:33 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hello and welcome.

Posting what amounts to an advert as your introduction is something of a bad look. Take a look at the site motto: Learn, Share, Expand.

You'll find plenty of trip reports available here and elsewhere for free (I guess that's why you've posted your excerpt); philosophical musings are also shared here aplenty so feel free to join in - maybe you can convince us why we should part with our cash to hear some more of yours Laughing

Also, I'm a bit concerned by the degree to which you've linked to your personal information.

You'd better tidy this up or it'll disappear before long. Meanwhile, stick around and join in the discussions - there's always something new to learn.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ChristianMeteor
#3 Posted : 6/7/2021 2:07:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've taken out the personal identifying facets and undertones of marketing, simply leaving the title of the book. I'm happily willing to share pieces of the work with these psychonauts, and truly am not after a cash grab. I would like genuine feedback on these experiences for the purpose of my own reflection and because I sincerely believe these stories are entertaining and interesting. I believe that sharing pieces of the work does good for the community.

I did invest many hours and capital to format and design the book, but my goal was never to make a bunch of money with it-I wanted to get it into many hands. But, the best way I see for getting genuine feedback is to go piece by piece-to get feedback and ideas on portions.

If possible, I would like to reintroduce this as: Hello, my name is Christian Meteor, and I am happily giving this community pieces of my literature for the purpose of feedback, insight, and sharing. I sincerely hope you enjoy, and I will share more in the future.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 6/7/2021 9:39:40 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks for sorting that out. I appreciate the time and effort you must have gone through to arrange and interpret your experiences in a meaningful format. It might seem a bit redundant for you to have to replicate all of that by way of discussion on the forum, I can imagine!

Do you have any authors from the realm of psychedelia - or indeed elsewhere - whom you've found to be particularly inspiring towards your work? How has authoring your own work assisted in the integration of your psychedelic experiences? What other psychedelics have you tried? In what ways has the use of psychedelics impacted your life? What kind of future role do you forsee psychedelics having in your life? Do you have other creative outlets besides writing? Have you ever extracted DMT, or grown mushrooms or cactus? What role has music played in your experiences?

My, that was a barrage of questions! Just one more - what parts of the forum do you presently find to be of most interest to you?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

ChristianMeteor
#5 Posted : 6/7/2021 6:50:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I invite the questions, and take them in stride-

In terms of authors, Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing was a huge inspiration to me back in highschool (2015ish) I've read through that book over 10 times and watched the movie many more. I also have thoroughly enjoyed the narratives of Terence McKenna, though I've yet to actually pick up any of his books. I mostly have listened to his Youtube Lectures, but I would say I have listened to roughly 20 hours of it.

I'm actually 2 years sober from weed now; 3 1/2 from traditional psychedelics. To me, writing a detailed account of these experiences has helped me to digest the realizations and apply some of the lessons to my life. I have the conviction that, before I am ready to trip again, I need to chronicle all of my experiences so that I fully process them and then am open to deeper realizations.

For psychedelic exploration, I have had 4 experiences with DMT, 4 with LSD, and 4 with psilocybin. I've played with DXM a fair bit, and REALLY tried to explore the entheogenic side of cannabis.

These substances changed my life by single handedly affirming the existence of a reality outside of my perception. To sum it up, I realized that the impact of my actions cannot be fully perceived because I have a limited sensory input of reality. Thus, there is much to be explored in hyperspace, but I must first understand what I have seen before going further.

I have absolutely no idea when I will take a psychedelic substance again. Sobriety has been beautiful and I have achieved much in that time. I have plans to get married, start a family, and write more books, so I know not when or where psychedelics will fit into that. I am not so bold as to say never, I just do not know when.

Writing is my primary creative outlet-I compare it to the The Enigmaticus, as I chart my experiences and lessons thaned for my own purposes and for the benefit of others. I do write for fun, but I feel a need to do so. It is almost like an obligation I have to myself to chronicle past experiences, lest they be lost to time. I suppose another outlet for creativity I have is Youtube philosophy-I make videos delving into these sorts of topics with my viewers, but I view that as essentially a verbal form of writing. I have a great fascination with using language to capture an experience for the purpose of sharing and bringing another into "what its like."

I have never extracted DMT, but I am currently growing San Pedro Cacti from cuttings and Bolivian torch cacti from seed. I also am currently growing a year+ old mimosa hostilis that I grew from seed. (I would LOVE to share some pictures of these-just point me to the right direction.) I also have some Calea ternifolia growing, and I am always looking to expand my ethnobotanical garden.

If I had to sum up my two passions, it's writing and plants.

For musics role in my exploration, I wish I had enjoyed it more. Often I am either distracted by externalities or thought trains that have not allowed me to fully immerse myself in the music. That said, I have had some divine experiences listening to Shpongle and synthwave music like Electronic Gems. I do like metal too (think slayer, metallica, Rammstein) but those are far more compatible with sobriety. Why that is is a subject for an entirely other day.

The Hyperspace Lexicon is a very interesting idea to me. I may have a bit of a misunderstanding of it, but the idea of mapping hyperspace is directly in line with the goal of my writings. To put into words the magical and otherworldy is amazing in my eyes. I would love to be a part of this-using language to conceptualize these sorts of complexities. If there's work to be done in that realm, I am happy to volunteer.

Thank you for the questions-they certainly got me thinking, and opened some doors to participation in the forum.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 6/7/2021 9:50:20 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Great to hear some more about you, particularly that you are growing cactus and mimosa.

If you want to post pictures of them there's a checkbox under the editing frame where you compose a post, and there is also the option of attaching a picture to any of your existing posts by clicking on the "attach" button which you should see among the four buttons at the top right corner of each of your posts. Nice plant pictures typically get an enthusiastic reception - and I take pictures of my own cacti most days so I'd love to take a look at yours.

I'll have to sign off for now, but first I should mention there's a thread about psychedelics and heavy metal you might want to check out; if you haven't found it by the time I'm back I'll dig up the link for you.

See you around!