We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Absorption rate of alkaloids Options

Dasein
#1 Posted : 5/31/2021 12:51:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know how long does it take for the alkaloids to be absorbed in the stomach?

I have tried ayahuasca twice so far. Chacruna the first time and Chaliponga the second. The first time I only ran the liquid once through a cotton filter, vomited within just 10-15 minutes and the nausea lasted a whole 2-3 hours. The effects were very mild, nothing more than faint color trails. The second time I filtered well, let the brew in the fridge over night and only drank the clear liquid from the top. I made 4 cooks of 3 hours each using 50g of Chaliponga and some citric acid. The liquid was reduced to 200ml, of which I made two doses, first of 20ml and second of 25ml, the liquid was very clear, no trace of any gunk, just clear wine red liquid. My stomach managed to take the first dose but I did not break through. An hour later I took the second dose, the nausea set in but it was much much milder than that of the first experience. I struggled to keep it in but ended up vomiting 30-40 minutes later, but still did not break through. So I was wondering if it could be because the goodies didn't have enough time to be absorbed before I threw up.

I suspected the leaves to be weak, but I did the iso tek on the left over brew, which didn't go well, but I assume the isopropanol still must have absorbed some amount of actives. I then tried A/B with naptha and still managed to extract over 1% of pure white crystals (I suppose iso took care of all the fats, the crystals were the whitest I have ever had!).

So, could anyone tell me if vomiting too soon is the problem?
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Sakkadelic
#2 Posted : 5/31/2021 8:33:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What about harmalas? Are you sure you're taking enough for proper MAO inhibition? What and how are you preparing it and when are you taking it?
I assume you mean by breakthrough a full on experience, usually the term is specific for the smoalked dmt experience.
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Dasein
#3 Posted : 5/31/2021 9:52:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
What about harmalas? Are you sure you're taking enough for proper MAO inhibition? What and how are you preparing it and when are you taking it?
I assume you mean by breakthrough a full on experience, usually the term is specific for the smoalked dmt experience.

I tried pharmahuasca once and took 120mg of harmala freebase (harmine/harmaline mix). That was sufficiently strong and I had a fairly intense experience. With chacruna I also drank a sufficient amount of caapi, but don't remember the exact dose. With Chaliponga I took harmala freebase, 160mg of harmine/harmaline mix. The harmalas were strong enough, I could sense it! Perhaps breakthrough is the wrong term, but it felt like seeing things from behind a curtain, only CEV's and those too were very faint.

Sakkadelic
#4 Posted : 5/31/2021 12:21:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Early purging may diminish the experience yes. this hasn't happened to me though, even when once i purged 20 mins in but it was a big dose.
The absorption happens in the intestines, sometimes the liquid might just sit in your stomach until you purge so very little absorption will happen. I see people recommending eating something with it to induce digestion
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Jagube
#5 Posted : 5/31/2021 11:36:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

7 g chalipanga or 10 g chacruna should be plenty strong, assuming good leaf (but there used to be chali that was overwhelmingly strong at 3 g). That's like 100 mg DMT.

120 mg harmalas seems low, I go for 200 mg.

An early purge can reduce the intensity.

Dasein
#6 Posted : 6/1/2021 10:58:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read elsewhere on the forum that the gunk also contains a significant amount of actives, so the clear liquid on top may have been weaker as well. I'll try again with a higher dose of Harmalas and see if that's the likely cause.

shroombee
#7 Posted : 6/1/2021 4:16:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dasein wrote:
I've read elsewhere on the forum that the gunk also contains a significant amount of actives, so the clear liquid on top may have been weaker as well. I'll try again with a higher dose of Harmalas and see if that's the likely cause.

The gunk might cause you to vomit much sooner. Sick