We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
does anyone harvest their own bark? Options

Bisy
#1 Posted : 5/27/2021 5:55:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it would be hard for me to accept that there isnt someone here that lives in or near a place where the mhrb or acrb is harvested, and would therefore have much more intimate knowledge regarding the products that the vendors offer for what seems to be moving in reverse, (I.E. the quality is deteriorating and the price is increasing). if some such member exists, please take advantage of the opportunity to exercise your value to this community by sharing your knowledge of the subject.

what do you observe when you see an area that is recently harvested? root bark? trunk bark? both?

or are the people interested in this that are in these areas doing the harvesting?

my area has its own set of natural resources, but mimosa hostillis and acacia confuscia are not among them. i guess its time to move.Big grin
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

BundleflowerPower
#2 Posted : 5/27/2021 5:59:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You need seeds perhaps. What climate do you live in? If you’re at or below 30 latitude you can grow that. Even further north it can work somehow

mariri23
#3 Posted : 8/17/2021 5:20:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i live in northern Brasil, there is plenty of jurema. not directly where i live, but not too far. i usually do my own harvesting,and i must say i don't see to much of it being harvest. i mean people cut the trees to make charcoal and fence for cattle, but as far as the dmt situation goes... there are those area that are forest of jurema, it is pretty beautiful, to stay by an ancient tree and smoke a bit of dmt, powerful powerful. it is quite an intense work to take the roots off, because it is sometime buried deep in the ground. the last times i went, it was in a part of the forest that is going to be destroyed to make a road, so i didn't worried too much about the tree, just cut the roots off. but in other spot it is nice to take the root bark and let the root be, although it is more work. if the jurema is collected for the purpose of drinking it, it is good to take off the white skin inside the bark, while the bark is still fresh, because it is responsible for quite a bit of stomach discomfort. i've always harvest in the littoral region or close to it,would love to go on a trip to the desertic inland, the sertão, which is the real home of jurema, both physically and culturally. the dryness of the earth makes it more difficult to take off the roots, but it also makes the jurema have much more dmt... my real fantasy is to take a jurema tee beneath a jurema tree, at night. that would be something Love Love

next time i go make an harvest, i can send you guys a picture, although it won't be to soon, because i still got plenty of them. but this week end i go to do a ceremony in a place where they might be a few tree, if i see some beautiful one, will post a pic.

if you have any question , don't hesitate

Dirty T
#4 Posted : 9/12/2021 8:55:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The supplier I have recently used has the lowest prices I have found, they also sell in godawful amounts (900kg, seriously, the idea is terrifying. No one needs any amount anywhere close to that even at a cost of 24 bucks per kilo) which leaves me with a moral dilemma. The bark is high quality, it's pink, it's shredded so I have to powder myself and it's potent. I've been getting 1g DMT per 50g extraction consistently. It's also less than half the price of anywhere else plus shipping was free and it's all in US borders so no customs BUT I'm not sure how I feel about buying from someone that obviously is a less than scrupulous individual to even offer such extravagant amounts of plant material. I'm planning to move in a year and this time I intend on buying and wherever we land here a Jurema Preta 'forest' is going in the backyard and a San Pedro garden alongside it. I believe in sustainability and it really has been bothering me I get such a 'good deal' on this bark and the impact that has on others, the ecological system as a whole not to mention supporting a business that obviously doesn't care about anything but dough.

My intention on this post isn't to talk about the source but rather the conflicting feelings I am experiencing by even doing business with them.