We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ph won't raise, can anybody help me troubleshoot? Options

Fruit is life
#1 Posted : 5/25/2021 5:18:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can anyone help me troubleshoot as to why my PH is stuck ~10 and what I might be able to try?, I am using Kashs a/b mesc hcl tek, after adding an extra 70g Lye (170g total) to the reduced acid brew, the solution is still brown and just below 10?? I dont want to add more lye if I don't have to, maybe I added too much vinegar during the acid boils? What are my best options rather then splitting the mixture and adding more lye until mesc is freebased?
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Northerner
#2 Posted : 5/25/2021 8:08:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I suspect that your pH is already through the roof and whatever you are measuring that with is not detecting it correctly.

I commonly use 90g lye to raise a 1.8L pH4 solution to ~12.5-13.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 5/25/2021 12:47:58 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Cheap pH probes notoriously struggle with highly alkaline solutions. It's probably completely knackered by now.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Fruit is life
#4 Posted : 5/25/2021 10:26:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is great to hear, the PH probe is a cheapie from ebay, and this makes sense as I have had the same deal happen to me during an acacia extraction, thanks guys I'll go ahead with the pull
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 5/26/2021 12:23:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Cheap pH probes notoriously struggle with highly alkaline solutions. It's probably completely knackered by now.

This is also my experience. The cheaper the probe, the more wild the readings. I've wasted a lot of time rinsing caapi extractions because my probe was telling me the solution is still too high, when it's not. It dawned on me when I decided to place the probe in distilled water before checking my harmalas vessel, and it read over 9...

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽