We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
Tony's Cubensis Grow Thread Options

Tony6Strings
#101 Posted : 12/20/2021 3:54:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Morning harvest pic. This is the shoebox shown pinning in posts #84, #89, #94. Best/fullest box I've grown yet.
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20211220_072423_HDR.jpg (3,196kb) downloaded 194 time(s).
IMG_20211220_072523_HDR.jpg (3,060kb) downloaded 190 time(s).
IMG_20211220_075105_HDR.jpg (4,075kb) downloaded 192 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

shroombee
#102 Posted : 12/20/2021 8:08:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
Morning harvest pic. This is the shoebox shown pinning in posts #84, #89, #94. Best/fullest box I've grown yet.

Wow! Nice work! You really have a knack for this. And you're not even using a pressure cooker.

What are your ratios, is the substrate straight coir, are you casing, how often are you misting and fanning, what's the temperature?

PedroSanchez
#103 Posted : 12/21/2021 10:11:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
I have been wanting to grow mush for years, since I first joined Nexus and even earlier. But, I always put it off for one reason or another. Didn't have a pressure cooker, or, didn't know which one to buy. Thought also that it may be a waste of time and investment because I've never been very good at growing things. Finally last spring I was going through some life crisis and emotional pain, needed a project to keep me busy. Ordered a couple syringes and bought a case of half pint jars, and did some reading. Started this thread.

i'm happy you finally pushed through the procrastination, it's easy to let things slip by us and make excuses but once we push past that beautiful things can happen, like these beautiful harvests! <3

shroombee wrote:
And you're not even using a pressure cooker.

i think he was saying he put off the hobby because he did not have a pressure cooker and didn't know which one to get, rather than did these grows without a pressure cooker.
that said, you do not need to sterilize straight coir (which is what i usually fruit on).

Tony6Strings
#104 Posted : 12/21/2021 5:23:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shroombee is right, I am still growing with no pressure cooker. I steam sterilize all my cakes and grain jars in a pot of boiling water, just a regular pot and lid. I do at least two sessions per set of jars, 24 hours apart, to allow for germination of any endospores. Doing this three times is called fractional sterilization, or Tyndallization, named for the scientist who invented the procedure. I am getting a PC soon. I want the 22 qt Mirro jiggle top.

Substrate is straight coir, I hydrate a brick in a bucket and use out of the bucket till I need make up another brick. I thinking that now I'm moving to doing grains, I will add some vermiculite to the coir.

Ratio for shredding cakes to coir is one part colonized cake to one part coir. So for each tub I make using four half pint cakes, I added four heaping half pints coir.

For grain spawn I am using a ratio of 1:3 spawn/coir. So, twelve half pints coir to four half pint millet jars.

I just started casing, the tub with the awesome pinset and full canopy was my first cased tub. I used this method...
https://www.shroomery.or...6583/fpart/1/vc/1/nt/20
Basically, you just make up your tub like usual, then add a one inch or so layer of straight coir over the top, and pack it down a little. I am doing all my boxes like this from now on, I cannot argue with the results...

I don't mist or fan at all. All I do is make the tubs, and peek in on them way too much. There is plenty enough water in the block of substrate in my experience. Maybe for subsequent flush will mist a little if the substrate looks dry. These little tubs are great little all in one self containing mushroom grow chambers. Let's hear it for Sterilite!!!

I am super excited, I just got a bunch of spore prints in the mail!!! Aa+, Fiji, Mazapatec, African Transkei, Treasure Coast, dude sent two of everything cause he knows I'm just starting out, what a guy!! I am going to grow and print everything, so I will have lots of prints to share with you guys!!!

Soon as I get that PC the first thing I will make is some agar plates. I am expecting some Melmac swabs and I am very excited about growing this variety!!!

Anyways yeah this is lots of fun and thank you my friends for stopping in to check it out !!

olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

PedroSanchez
#105 Posted : 12/22/2021 4:19:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ah my bad, no pressure cooker it is. nice work, just goes to show it can be done with enough determination, with great results too.

thanks for sharing your process

Tony6Strings
#106 Posted : 12/24/2021 8:17:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Popcorn. Steam sterilized.
IMG_20211223_201959_HDR.jpg (3,029kb) downloaded 147 time(s).
IMG_20211223_202115_HDR.jpg (3,289kb) downloaded 147 time(s).
IMG_20211223_202149_HDR.jpg (2,235kb) downloaded 147 time(s).
IMG_20211223_202317_HDR.jpg (5,019kb) downloaded 145 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#107 Posted : 12/24/2021 8:44:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here we have incoming flush #1 from my first millet tub.
IMG_20211224_105057_MP.jpg (5,578kb) downloaded 144 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#108 Posted : 12/25/2021 5:55:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice cream tub, half quart millet.
IMG_20211222_173702_HDR.jpg (2,589kb) downloaded 136 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#109 Posted : 12/25/2021 6:00:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the tub from post 101, dried and jarred. A little over 1.5 oz.
IMG_20211224_181347_MP.jpg (5,477kb) downloaded 130 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#110 Posted : 12/26/2021 6:44:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
Hope that works out for you. I have never seen a single instance of steam pot sterilized whole grains that made it to fruiting.

Steam pot sterilized millet to coir. There, now you've seen it. Stay tuned for cased wheat ice cream tub, millet to coir ice cream tub, and a popcorn shoebox. All steam pot sterilized.
IMG_20211226_092300_MP~2.jpg (2,497kb) downloaded 119 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Seeingisbelieving
#111 Posted : 12/26/2021 8:19:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fuck yeah Tony! Great job. I'm currently doing the same thing as you(steam sterilization shoeboxes though I'm just using brown rice flour still) Have you found a difference in yield and potency between oat flour vs millet and pop corn? How many hours are you having to steam sterilize the millet and popcorn ( I think I read 8 hours but I am just wanting to double check before trying it) Thanks for the awesome first hand info!

Tony6Strings
#112 Posted : 12/26/2021 8:43:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks that's very kind of you!!

This millet tub performed very similarly to the shredded oat flour cake shoetub I grew recently (see 101, top of this page) I don't have a dry weight yet but the oat cakes may even outperform the millet.

For millet, I prep with an overnite soak. The next day I pour off in strainer and load in jars.

Popcorn gets boiled for 1/2 to one hour after the overnite soak, then poured into strainer and into jars.

Wheat berries same as popcorn but shorter cook time not over 30 minutes.

For steam sterilization, I fill pot with jars and water to just below lids. Bring to full boil on high heat, then turn down to medium low. Simmer two hours per session, make sure your pot doesn't run out of water this can destroy your jars. Lol. I do a session, and then another session 24 hours later on the same jars. Then I inoculate. I've had a pretty good success rate doing it like this.

So far as how it grows in the jars, millet is my favorite.
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#113 Posted : 12/27/2021 3:15:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Millet flush #1 fresh weight 360 grams.
IMG_20211226_150731_MP.jpg (4,702kb) downloaded 108 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#114 Posted : 12/27/2021 3:27:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Regarding potency. The other nite I consumed tea made from eight grams from the first oat flour cakes tub. This is my standard amount for these so far, and my first time trying from the new oat batch. I had one of the strongest most intense mushroom trips of my life, it set a high water mark for me for psilocybin breakthru. Fucking insane. At times it was very uncomfortable like taking too much pharmahuasca. Anyways yes I do think that in addition to increasing yield performance the oat flour cake cubes are more potent also.

Excited to try the millet cubes. Think I will take five grams or so.
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#115 Posted : 12/28/2021 1:51:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All I need, is a cool buzz, and some tasty waves...
IMG_20211227_171527_MP.jpg (5,990kb) downloaded 101 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Voidmatrix
#116 Posted : 12/28/2021 2:04:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Aside from the hundreds of cannabis plants (because I work in a grow), and aside from my little changa session (cuz that's hard to beat) , that's the most beautiful sight I've seen all day!

Very happy

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

shroombee
#117 Posted : 12/28/2021 7:04:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
All I need, is a cool buzz, and some tasty waves...

Nice! Toss some desiccant packets into those jars. Smile

Tony6Strings
#118 Posted : 12/30/2021 8:47:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The half pint jars which were the original subject of this thread are no longer with us. I still have three of them but most of the set was destroyed when I let my pot run out of water. I noticed a funny smell (the water furiously boiling out of my wheat berries) and steam like crazy coming out between the lid and pot. The bottom of each jar was spiderwebbed. They were good jars and we will remember them fondly.

These are my new jars. 16 oz Kerr. One hole in middle of lid with polyfil. I got 12 jars in the set. This allows me to prepare six quarts of spawn which is sufficient for a monotub, something I am hoping to getting around to before long.

These five have been inoculated with Aa+ just this morning. Have some more GT growing (popcorn shoebox and cased wheat ice cream tub, my millet ice cream tub went bad, you can't win em all), have some Amazon growing nicely on grain, the millet should be ready for a shoebox within week.

IMG_20211230_112913_MP.jpg (4,739kb) downloaded 69 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#119 Posted : 1/6/2022 3:33:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I found this at my local Asian market. I am going to use it to improve my mushroom cultivation endeavours. I will pour some improvised plates maybe tomorrow.

I got an envelope of spore prints in mail today. Syzygy, Ps. Cyan, Luciestic GT, Natalensis, Aa+. Good varieties to add to my collection, a few I had specifically been wanting.

I also have prints for Rusty Whyte, Fiji, Mazapatec, Treasure Coast, Amazon. I have swabs of Ghost and Jack Frost, and for PE. I am expecting swabs for the Melmac variety.

I am most excited about growing Natalensis, Melmac and Aa+. These are the main three I want to focus on for a while.

I love collecting prints and swabs.

By the way my Golden Teachers are pulling their weight!! I just wasn't taking enough in beginning. I was caught up in this idea of what 3.5 grams is supposed to do. This culture gives a nice buzz at 3.5 and full blown psychedelia at 7 grams, complete with oev and cev. 7-8 grams in tea gets me higher than I want to be sometimes.

I just felt wasteful and gluttonous eating that much (over 5 grams), when was first working with these.
IMG_20220104_153714_MP.jpg (7,648kb) downloaded 55 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Fridge
#120 Posted : 1/6/2022 10:54:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I need to check this thread more often! Your grow rocks, Tony!

I see you're also a collector of genetics. I enjoy collecting them too, but I usually go wild when it comes to cannabis strains.

The telephone brand is good I heard. I always wondered who designed the packaging of this kind of agar powder, as telephones and agar agar don't have much in common?

I just grew Melmac myself. My first PE variety and I am happy with it, but Natalensis is still my favorite. Before I discovered Natalensis, I grew Rusty Whites for about two years and I really enjoyed those either.
Looks like you got a lot fun time ahead and I am keen to follow along!
...no need to worry...

«PREV45678NEXT»