We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Tony's Cubensis Grow Thread Options

roninsina
#81 Posted : 12/13/2021 3:48:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
Sure. My 1/2 pint jars are set up according to pf Tek, these are the same jars from the first post in this thread. Just some holes in the lids. Some have four, most have two. Mostly I've used these for making cakes. When used for grain, I've covered the lids with foil after inoculation. Or, like in this pic, place them all in their own sterilite.

The glass jars are from Ragu alfredo sauce. The other jar contained peanutbutter. I made holes, slightly bigger than what I did for the smaller jars. Stuffed them with polyfill. Lids are removed to inoculate.

Then I read a TCs thread about unmodded lids for grain jars, so I'm trying that now, seems working fine, I think this is the way I will go. Our favorite jam comes in quart glass jars with metal lids, going to put together a set of these and a set of the 16 oz Ragu. I love to reuse things I would have otherwise thrown away.

The corner of this tub, I didn't effectively mix up the shredded cake and coir, so this corner was a bubble of coir. I noticed after I had made the tub. It is now pinning like crazy.

Thank you Tony! I’m hoping to have time over the winter to start growing too. I think your success here is inspiration enough. Your thorough documentation and the more experienced group participation in the thread is really helpful.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tony6Strings
#82 Posted : 12/13/2021 4:38:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you roninsina!! I'm glad this thread serves. Anyone who is capable of performing procedures regularly discussed here, should have no problem growing some mushrooms if so desired. Read a little, get some spores and some stuff to grow with and get your hands in it!! Like extracting dmt, is very fun and rewarding.

And yes. Love the feedback here from our more experienced brethren. Love this forum. I think it's funny, I do lots of reading on this subject over at Shroomery, I do have an account there, but my grow thread goes here. This is home.

Here's that pinset from earlier post, growing... The mush that grow on side of tub supported/fed by running threads of mycelium always amaze me, look bottom of photo.
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20211212_202711~2.jpg (1,916kb) downloaded 161 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

PedroSanchez
#83 Posted : 12/15/2021 10:07:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
I think it's funny, I do lots of reading on this subject over at Shroomery, I do have an account there, but my grow thread goes here. This is home.

i used that forum for a while when learning, but the noise outweighs the gold there imo. i am glad you shared your grows here! Love
great work

Tony6Strings
#84 Posted : 12/16/2021 7:33:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah it's noisy and less mature attitude than Nexus, but lots of great info about growing mushrooms. Also they have quite the selection of emojis.

Some pics from the oat flour tubs. The pinset picture is from my first cased tub (I just did an inch of coir over the top and packed it down somewhat) my best pinset yet. Excited for it to grow.

Also my corner pins blowing up into fruit.
IMG_20211216_104652.jpg (3,522kb) downloaded 130 time(s).
IMG_20211216_104849.jpg (2,394kb) downloaded 130 time(s).
IMG_20211216_104327_HDR.jpg (3,491kb) downloaded 131 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

null24
#85 Posted : 12/16/2021 7:43:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I got enough newb info on mushroom hunting to be able to learn from that place but my god the immaturity of some of those fools. I suggested once that people stop diluting the power of the word rape and instead call it “patch raiding” when someone comes and rips up your honey hole. The horrible messages in my inbox for doing such an awful thing on my part made me so sad and angry I can still feel it.

So yeah good info, crap people.

Nice stuff Tony. Cool to see you getting the hang of this. Appreciate you sharing. I do want to follow your footsteps. Never had success cultivating.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Tony6Strings
#86 Posted : 12/16/2021 8:49:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Null!! I have always admired you for your skills at finding cyans and other outdoor psilocybes. I have lived here in PNW all of my life and I have never found a single psilocybin mushroom growing outside.

I love growing these things. I love having the mushrooms in my medicine kit. I've been taking them once sometimes twice a week. Very positive feeling in general and the experiences are awesome feels good.

Null I am more than happy to share my prints with you.

olympus mon wrote:

null24
#87 Posted : 12/16/2021 10:21:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Null I am more than happy to share my prints with you.

I don’t doubt that one bit. I was referring to the sharing of your process. But I’ll remember that and hit you up when the time comes! Peace my friend. Wink
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Tony6Strings
#88 Posted : 12/16/2021 11:27:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I understood you. I like sharing prints. I like the idea of it. I like that a postage stamp can send such powerful little starter. Hopefully by the time you start your grow I will have a collection. I'm working on it. Just got some Amazonian and Avery Albino prints I am going to start with growing the Amazon.
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#89 Posted : 12/17/2021 8:33:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Excited about this one.
IMG_20211217_123038_HDR.jpg (3,944kb) downloaded 105 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#90 Posted : 12/17/2021 8:55:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My drying setup. Is actually reasonably quick and very effective.
IMG_20211217_190008_HDR.jpg (3,785kb) downloaded 87 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

shroombee
#91 Posted : 12/18/2021 1:18:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
My drying setup. Is actually reasonably quick and very effective.

What are you doing to get the shrooms cracker dry? After fan drying for 24-48 hours, I use silica gel packets and activated alumina. Place dessicant and shrooms in a plastic box with a tight seal.

Tony6Strings
#92 Posted : 12/18/2021 2:59:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure I am achieving "cracker dry". I am drying them as well as I can with fan and racks. After two days they loose the 90%, don't appear to get any drier after that so I throw them into a ziplock.

I will try some silica packets in a Tupperware after fan and rack. What is activated alumina?
olympus mon wrote:

shroombee
#93 Posted : 12/18/2021 5:34:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
I'm not sure I am achieving "cracker dry". I am drying them as well as I can with fan and racks. After two days they loose the 90%, don't appear to get any drier after that so I throw them into a ziplock.

I will try some silica packets in a Tupperware after fan and rack. What is activated alumina?

If you bend the stems and they break clean, then your shrooms are cracker dry. Cracker dry shrooms will probably maintain potency longer. Shrooms are 92% water on average (some more, some less). Activated alumina is another desiccant. Silica gel should work fine and is really cheap on Amazon. I just happened to get the activated alumina with a mushroom drying kit I purchased online.

Tony6Strings
#94 Posted : 12/18/2021 7:09:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just tried, my mushrooms get dry enough to snap cleanly in half.

My humble SAB and daily grow pic.
IMG_20211217_201710_HDR.jpg (3,062kb) downloaded 78 time(s).
IMG_20211218_104700.jpg (2,245kb) downloaded 78 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

shroombee
#95 Posted : 12/18/2021 8:59:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
I just tried, my mushrooms get dry enough to snap cleanly in half.

My humble SAB and daily grow pic.

Cracker dry shrooms will absorb moisture from the air, so either store them with desiccant in tupperware, or check them periodically to ensure they are staying cracker dry.

Nice flush you've got going there. Let's see how many grow big. There is a theory that the substrate has a limit to how many shrooms it can support, so a number of the shrooms may stop growing in order that the substrate can devote more nutrients and water to a subset of the shrooms.

Tony6Strings
#96 Posted : 12/18/2021 10:30:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First flush from oat flour cake shoebox clears one ounce dried!! That is generally my goal for the whole box! And the second oat cake box has the most prolific pinset I've achieved yet. The oat cakes are winners in my book, if/when I make cakes again I will use oat flour.

Cool
IMG_20211218_142259_HDR.jpg (4,157kb) downloaded 73 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Voidmatrix
#97 Posted : 12/18/2021 10:35:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really enjoy this thread. Such beauty in the pics and it's encouraging for me to be less paralyzed and get my mushrooms started again.

Keep it up buddy. It's awesome!

Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Tony6Strings
#98 Posted : 12/19/2021 5:26:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix, thanks buddy, that is very kind of you to say!!! I'm glad you are enjoying!!

I knocked up some grain jars with Amazonian. Quart of popcorn/millet mix, and some jars of each. Excited to try a different variety, fingers crossed.

Shroombee, I will be happy if it grows a dense canopy of medium sized fruits with a few larger cluster here and there. That's what I'm thinking/hoping.

I am trying a drying method I read about. Tied my oz dried cubes in bandana, put in fridge door compartment. This is supposedly very effective, I will report back.
olympus mon wrote:

PedroSanchez
#99 Posted : 12/19/2021 11:10:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:

Nice stuff Tony. Cool to see you getting the hang of this. Appreciate you sharing. I do want to follow your footsteps. Never had success cultivating.

i think there are plenty of people here who would be willing to help. i would step in and lend a hand where i can if i notice the thread. i am no pro, but i have done a few grows.
personally i do: agar > rye grain > coir (shoebox) and it is a very simple process that requires minimal input from the farmer. the most difficult part is sterile technique inoculating dishes and jars, but that comes with practice.

Tony6Strings
#100 Posted : 12/19/2021 5:37:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been wanting to grow mush for years, since I first joined Nexus and even earlier. But, I always put it off for one reason or another. Didn't have a pressure cooker, or, didn't know which one to buy. Thought also that it may be a waste of time and investment because I've never been very good at growing things. Finally last spring I was going through some life crisis and emotional pain, needed a project to keep me busy. Ordered a couple syringes and bought a case of half pint jars, and did some reading. Started this thread.

Null give it another 💉, I bet you succeed!! Cubes are awesome and they won't paralyze you!!! Unless you take way too many, but that can be an enjoyable sort of paralysis!!I know only the basics about growing but will help however I can!!!

It is a dream of mine to one day own a home here in our wonderful PNW, so that I can cultivate an outdoor bed of Ps. Cyans.
olympus mon wrote:

«PREV34567NEXT»