We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
extraction vessels with skinny neck Options

Bisy
#1 Posted : 5/17/2021 6:35:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont know why, but alkaline soup expands and contracts Alot with changes in temp. so when you're using a vessel with a small neck that you fill with your nps and put a cap on, NEVER heat the vessel with cap sealed. on purpose or accidentally. if the jar is somewhere that may have a large rise in temp, dont fill it and cap it. it doesn't have to be too warm to touch before it explodes. this has happened to me twice. once sitting in front of a heater, and once in the sunlight. its not fun, and its extremely dangerous.

i suppose this applies to any vessel that is nearly full with or without a small neck. but air compresses, so if theres enough of it there, i suppose its a little less likely to explode.
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 5/17/2021 4:13:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Bisy wrote:
I dont know why, but alkaline soup expands and contracts Alot with changes in temp. so when you're using a vessel with a small neck that you fill with your nps and put a cap on, NEVER heat the vessel with cap sealed. on purpose or accidentally. if the jar is somewhere that may have a large rise in temp, dont fill it and cap it. it doesn't have to be too warm to touch before it explodes. this has happened to me twice. once sitting in front of a heater, and once in the sunlight. its not fun, and its extremely dangerous.

i suppose this applies to any vessel that is nearly full with or without a small neck. but air compresses, so if theres enough of it there, i suppose its a little less likely to explode.

Good note. If one is going to seal the lid while heating a mix, at the very least be mindful and occasionally "burp" the vessel. Generally it may be best to loosely cap the vessel.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Bisy
#3 Posted : 5/17/2021 11:32:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

and contain it in a larger stainless pot. so if it does break, you just lose the jar.

Northerner
#4 Posted : 5/18/2021 12:40:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I stand my vessels in a sink of hot water. As the water cools I just let it out and top it up with hot again. After a few fills the soup almost is the same temp as my hot tap.

The sink and draining board is a good place for everything extraction. Stainless steel surfaces, easy access to water which is also good for cooling and heating, good lighting and ventilation, safe drainage in case of emergency.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 5/18/2021 1:21:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Northerner wrote:
I stand my vessels in a sink of hot water. As the water cools I just let it out and top it up with hot again. After a few fills the soup almost is the same temp as my hot tap.

The sink and draining board is a good place for everything extraction. Stainless steel surfaces, easy access to water which is also good for cooling and heating, good lighting and ventilation, safe drainage in case of emergency.

My hot water heater isn't that awesome Rolling eyes

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Northerner
#6 Posted : 5/18/2021 3:20:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

We don't need that much heat to get a good extraction temp after it's cooked and based. Standard 50-60C hot tap water temp works fine. I mucked around floating bottles like in Cybs, heating elements and other stuff too. It does no better that plain hot tap water IME.

Bisy
#7 Posted : 5/18/2021 4:01:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Northerner wrote:
We don't need that much heat to get a good extraction temp after it's cooked and based. Standard 50-60C hot tap water temp works fine. I mucked around floating bottles like in Cybs, heating elements and other stuff too. It does no better that plain hot tap water IME.

agreed, both of my uncle bobs accidents happened while simply trying to go from a little chilly, to slightly above room temp. you know, naphtha..

it isnt the temp im referring to, rather the temp differential.

Northerner
#8 Posted : 5/18/2021 8:58:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bisy wrote:
it isnt the temp im referring to, rather the temp differential.

I could say I was referring to bathing cats at this stage as well, but I wasn't.

Though I suspect the temperature differential being the cause of your breakage is close to the truth but not in the way you think. When you use radiation as a heat source the closest point will develop a hot spot.

Hopefully someone comes up with an easy workable solution so you don't get a big mess again. Wink

Bisy
#9 Posted : 5/18/2021 11:29:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well the reality of that is that i need to be more attentive. i was aware of the potential, but multitasking, and leaving the lesson up to weather or not it happened. but your assesment is prolly the part i didnt consider. black sludge inside sealed glass container, direct sunlight, duh!

Violet Quark
#10 Posted : 5/27/2021 9:36:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This method works great with a skinny vessel.
The temp never waivers at all so no worries about explosions from my experience.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1046825#post1046825
VQ