We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
How to store DMT crystals Options

HydroBlowBack
#1 Posted : 7/5/2009 6:18:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So what is your favorate container/bag to keep your spice in (not for longtime storage )coz I'm fed up of tin foil Smile
"And then came me the destructive teen with a handfull of bars and a mind full of dreams"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Infinite I
#2 Posted : 7/5/2009 6:48:03 PM

JC

Good question tin foil is crap Rolling eyes

vegantoker
#3 Posted : 7/5/2009 7:39:05 PM

Matt

I use a film canister. If you want to be awesome you could get one of these: Pharmaceutical-Vials Cool .
Visit the Hyperspace Lexicon and contribute to the discussion. Help define the previously indiscribable!
Disclaimer: Everything I say about my actions is a lie. Just because I talk about this stuff online does not mean I really do it. I don't. Drugs are bad and I love Jesus too much to do drugs.

WSaged
#4 Posted : 7/5/2009 8:27:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For storing & measuring powdered DMT, or smaller x-stals, I usually use those small glass vials that they sell at headshops...for other powdersConfused...they work perfectly.

You can get them with clear glass, or with amber colored dark glass, they are air tight & cheap!!
I have a larger one for keeping the bulk of my yield & a couple of smaller ones for measuring out & holding a few .050mg does, so they are ready to go when ever I get the urge.

Remember to take the airtight container out of the fridge, or freezer long enough before use, to let the container & it's contents warm up to room temp BEFORE opening it!!
If you open it right away, while it is still cold, oxygen will condense on the colder, inside walls of the container & on your spice!!
Making it all sticky & contaminating it with water, which will make it oxidize a whole lot faster than normal too.

If you wait 15-20 minutes, until the container & the spice crystals have warmed to room temp, you can then open it up & they should be light & fluffy, not sticking to each other, or to the measuring spoon, etc...
Of course this also depends on the purity of your extract too!!

However...I recently grew some BIG, beautiful crystal formations (Check Em Out!) & I'm now looking for a new container I can use to store these in, that won't break up the formations.
Putting them all in a vial together would surely bust off the individual shards that make up the little flowers.

I'm wanting to find some kind of small, airtight boxes, that I can store the larger formations in individually.
Anyone know of anything like that?

Cheers!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

West-en
#5 Posted : 7/7/2009 5:38:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Small glass bottles with a top you screw on, space for about 4-5ml I guess. Airtight and kinda awesome.
There's a clear difference between what I say I do and what I actually do perform.

Nime
#6 Posted : 7/21/2009 10:40:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey again guys,

This is what i store my spice in.

I actually am able to buy these for fairly cheap in a former soviet country that i frequently visit. Im also thinking about setting up a website to sell glass equipment. im running a test on ebay at the moment. not too many items on it but there will be eventually. heres the link (also more pictures there). ill be adding a soxhelt soon

Here for the site

Improvised Labware Vapor Bubbler (continued)

I would like to make it be known that I do not actually put what I write on this website or any place into practice in the real world. I like to live a life of fantasy on the internet where I ask questions and give answers.

omega-scar
#7 Posted : 2/3/2010 9:10:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has succesfully extracted about 1 gram of DMT crystals out of 200 gr of Mimosa Hostilis but after a few experiences with it got very scared of it, and realised that although 1000 mg out of 200 gr is only 0.5% , this amount of DMT will last for more experiences than he is ready for... and that this stuff is too intense to do more than once a month or so for his mental well-being. So, the question to everybody is how should one keep DMT cristals ? Does it expire / loose potency ? and how fast ?

Elpo
#8 Posted : 2/3/2010 9:36:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Storing it in your freezer is the best option.. Will last you a long time though.

Peace
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Touche Guevara
#9 Posted : 2/3/2010 9:37:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DMT Fumarate has a longer shelf-life, IIRC

soxy bastard
#10 Posted : 2/3/2010 9:49:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I offer my own body as storage,It is how I really prefer to store my DMT and I would be more than happy to do the same service for you
Very happy
SB

Seriously airtight jar as a salt in the fridge or freezer will make it outlast you.

omega-scar
#11 Posted : 2/3/2010 10:03:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soxy bastard wrote:
I offer my own body as storage,It is how I really prefer to store my DMT and I would be more than happy to do the same service for you
Very happy
SB

Seriously airtight jar as a salt in the fridge or freezer will make it outlast you.

Well, SWIM's not sure if his crystals are considered a salt, but he used a classic Noman's STB, with Zippo lighter fluid and freeze-precipitation. No recrystalization/washing.

Touche Guevara
#12 Posted : 2/3/2010 10:17:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

STB = Straight to Base. Your product is DMT Freebase. Converting it to DMT Fumarate with fumaric acid will result in the salt form.

omega-scar
#13 Posted : 2/3/2010 10:23:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unless strictly necesary, SWIM would prefer to make no more chemical procedures, he is rather clumsy Very happy and is affraid to loose the spice for which he worked so hard. So, assuming it is left as a freebase how long should it last ?

soxy bastard
#14 Posted : 2/3/2010 10:38:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

omega-scar wrote:
Unless strictly necesary, SWIM would prefer to make no more chemical procedures, he is rather clumsy Very happy and is affraid to loose the spice for which he worked so hard. So, assuming it is left as a freebase how long should it last ?

F/B is subject to oxidation so how long it will last is directly proportional to the amount of heat and air it is exposed to during storage. For casual use storage an airtight jar with little airspace above the product kept in the freezer should last for quite some time( over a year).
For extended long term storage one should compress the F/B into a cake, wrap tightly in several layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil then placed in an evacuated container. This should keep for years in the freezer.
Taking the F/B and making the salt with just an airtight container kept in the fridge will make it last longer than you.
SB

omega-scar
#15 Posted : 2/3/2010 11:03:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanx soxy bastard, very informative reply.. and every body else too. SWIM thinks he will consume his 1 gram of DMT in the course of 1 year, so he will just store it in a small closed recipient in the freezer.

gammagore
#16 Posted : 2/3/2010 11:24:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice one SpicemanSmile

omega-scar
#17 Posted : 2/3/2010 11:29:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah Laughing Nice one Spiceman ! ...even though you misspelled my nickname...haha. SWIM will do that. Peace Smile

#18 Posted : 2/4/2010 12:32:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could someone dissolve their freebase DMT in warm naptha and store the naptha? How long would it last doing that?
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

elofer
#19 Posted : 2/4/2010 12:48:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has tried the oxygen absorbers too..though it hasn't had the stuff long enough to tell if its gone bad..actually does it really ever "go bad" I mean, doesn't it just turn to dmt noxide? which is still active...??? like it said, not had it long enough to tell

mumbles
#20 Posted : 2/4/2010 2:21:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Amber bottle, dessicant, oxygen absorber, freezer.

123NEXT»