We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
MAO in plants, could it be reversed? Higher yields of goodies in plants? Options

FuseAll
#1 Posted : 5/16/2021 2:09:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So, this came to me mind, as a hypothesis.

Like, maybe many more plants than we think of actually have dmt and other monoamine goodies.

Thing is, they might be degrade fast because of mao (monoamine oxidizer) activity, or alike enzimes.

Maybe try to grow hidroponically some grass with syrian rue tea? Razz

Maybe put syrian rue into our mushrooms substate spawn and dunk the cakes in syrian rue tea?

I dont know just giving ideas Very happy

What do you think??

Actually this might even be dangerous, i dont know what this could cause, im just throwing ideas out disregard everything i say.

It came to my mind as i was watching this video about this dude explaining how most of our cells if not all have monoamine oxidase enzymes. And how when you take mao inhibitors like the betacarbolines in syrian rue, you stop or slow down the activity of this enzymes so to not have a buildup of dopamine or serotonin in our body, wich long story shor would provoke a disfunctional effect. This also allows for dmt to not be broken down and make it active, and longuer lasting.
For example excess dopamine would provoke "delusional" type halucinations
And excess serotonin sounds great, but pretty much sure you wouldnt be functional if you felt like all day you were high on mdma. People that have taken ssris know best about that.

Anyway, i would like to experiment with that, any ideas you can give me? or propositions of experiments or whatever?

Thnx!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sakkadelic
#2 Posted : 5/16/2021 2:26:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool ideas, i'm interested in that as well, i noticed that spent rue seeds do not rot easily, i never seen them do, so maybe it's good to add them to soil to prevent plant diseases? Perhaps there's other benefits to it...

I once buried some psilocybe cubensis cakes in a pot and planted rue seeds on top of them just for fun. both grew normally and there was no obvious differences with other buried cakes.
Sakkadelic attached the following image(s):
779178326-IMG_20170616_221835.jpg (424kb) downloaded 52 time(s).
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

FuseAll
#3 Posted : 5/16/2021 3:15:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
Cool ideas, i'm interested in that as well, i noticed that spent rue seeds do not rot easily, i never seen them do, so maybe it's good to add them to soil to prevent plant diseases? Perhaps there's other benefits to it...

I once buried some psilocybe cubensis cakes in a pot and planted rue seeds on top of them just for fun. both grew normally and there was no obvious differences with other buried cakes.

lovely Love

do you feel like burring cakes is a reliable method for fruiting?
Maybe yields less?

Sakkadelic
#4 Posted : 5/16/2021 3:47:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think if you start with healthy cakes you'll get a flush for sure, but in general it's less reliable, less yield and not as many flushes and takes longer to fruit. The main reason i do it is that it's zero fruiting complications and maintenance. Just bury them and give them some water with the other plants. I like how the fruits come out much lighter in color almost albino like
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

benzyme
#5 Posted : 5/16/2021 4:02:28 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

FuseAll wrote:

And excess serotonin sounds great, but pretty much sure you wouldnt be functional if you felt like all day you were high on mdma.

No.

Google "serotonin syndrome". Hypertension is not fun, and is hazardous to your health. Do alot of reading before messing with MAOIs. Pardon my frankness, but you're trying to reinvent the wheel. there are endless discussions of employing reversible-MAOIs for CYP2D6 substrates, which DMT is one of.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck