We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Other sites like the nexus Options

Bisy
#1 Posted : 5/11/2021 6:25:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I been spending so much time here at the nexus that I started getting a little self conscious, wondering if maybe I'm leaning on it too much or whatever......

So I took a voyage over to the shroomery for the first timeDrool

I got lost reading about some guys totally awesome pizza oven build till 4 am.

I think I enjoy the shroomery too and was wondering what others are good.
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

PedroSanchez
#2 Posted : 5/11/2021 9:54:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

when i visit other forums i just wish i was on nexus Big grin

shroomery is usually pretty good as long as you stick to the cultivation and ethnobotanical sections, the rest of the forum is a mess. sometimes drifters from the off-topic sections appear and ruin your day though. there are some great people there, but they are in a sea of time wasters.

sharetheseeds is worth a look if you are into growing. it is quite dead over there but i would love to see that place pick up a little.
really depends what aspects you are looking for in a forum. i like it here because the people here take the subjects seriously when necessary. trolls and "problem members" are screened out and the result is more of a learning and sharing experience environment rather than the penis measuring contest you usually find on places like shroomery.

nexus is much slower than shroomery with probably 1000 posts for every 10 on here, but all 10 of those posts here are worth reading, but you will be lucky if 2 of them are worth reading on shroomery. for me it is a simple quality vs quantity comparison Big grin

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 5/11/2021 2:06:16 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Unfortunately, the dedicated web forum is quickly going the way of the dodo, the communities that once were are but a shell of their former selves now. Like it or not, the majority of active discussion on these topics has moved to the likes of reddit, facebook groups, discord and suchlike major platforms. There is LOTS of activity in those communities, but the signal to noise ratio is pretty bad.

If you feel like digging through the ruins, there were a lot of great communities out there. Here are a few worth checking out:
Mycotopia
Ayahuasca.com
Eboka.info
The Nook
The Corroboree

If you wanna take it way way back and see the state of the stone circa the 1990's:
The Lycaeum
DMT World Archive
Alt.Drugs.Psychedelics Usenet Archive
The Entheogen Review
The Hive
Rhodium

Some other notables from the way back that are still active include the Whole Earth Lectronic Link (requires a paid account), Bluelight, and while not an actual forum, one would be remiss not to shout out Erowid.

That should keep ya busy for a while. Haapi hunting. Thumbs up

P.S. - Holy cow I can't believe I forgot to mention the 5 Hive!
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Bisy
#4 Posted : 5/11/2021 7:20:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice, what awesome responses, just saved my alot of time realizing that for myself.. i do recognize a couple sites on the second list.. haha. im getting old..

the point you made about the nexus staying true to a standard of maturity and professionalism was the kicker. this place commands respect, and that is so valuable.

Metta-Morpheus
#5 Posted : 5/11/2021 9:26:04 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I’ve never been much of a web cruiser. I’ve never participated in forums or chats of any kind, until the nexus. And I only found this place because of my search for the spice. I referenced it, along with youtube for several months before joining. And that wasn’t even with an intent to participate as much as I do. But I was just sucked in. The walks of life that come together in such a respectful way in just wonderful. So I ventured out just a little(reddit, shroomery) and realized that I am NOT a forum/chat guy, I’m a nexus guy. There’s a magic in the circuits of the nexus that can’t be found elsewhere.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

ShamanisticVibes
#6 Posted : 5/11/2021 10:51:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been waiting for my account registry to be completed on Corroboree for quite some time, so I am not too sure how much the admins keep up with it. Which is a shame, because there are a lot of "strains" of cacti that the Aussies have developed with the legalities being much different over there. I also found a lot of good reading (on Kambo only) on Kambo.me which is also run by DMTNexus admins, from my understanding. But if you are looking for an interactive experience, you probably will not find it there, as it seems most of the posts are just a single post with little to no responses. If there is collaborations, they seem to have significant time between them. It seems that the social media constructs have taken the torch in that respect. Reddit seems to have a large number of sub-reddits that have a good bit of interaction on them.
May we continue to be blessed

Bisy
#7 Posted : 5/12/2021 1:22:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i think you guys have nailed my question with just the right answers. ive never been much of a person for this kinda thing either. in fact, normal physical socializing isnt even that appealing to me.

this might sound arrogant, but ill bet it holds merit, that what seperates the nexus from others, and what invites us to participate where we normally prolly would not, is the standard of intelligence and maturity that is common here. where as you mentioned, the read doesnt get clogged up with and ruined by immiture, rude, or just plain stupid crap..