We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Coleus to potentiate Kratom and Cannabis. an experience report. Options

meluzine
#1 Posted : 5/5/2021 1:36:26 AM

true love will find you in the end. β€’93β€’

I read a report once of Coleus being used to potentiate Cannabis, and I had some big coleus flower-buds forming on my plant. I ended up taking the mixture after dosing some Kratom, so I cant come to a conclusion on purely the synergistic effects with pot, but from my experience it seemed to really amp up the experience.

I had some free time and some beautiful weather. It was around 1:45pm when I began taking 4.4g of kratom using the Toss and Wash method. I took it in roughly 50mg increments over maybe 5 minutes, I find that method makes it easier on the gag reflex.

2:14 - I was feeling the effects of the kratom, and I was well on my way to the suburbs that I enjoy exploring on hazy sunny days such as today. I usually go to the neglected parks on the outskirts of town, but I like to alternate my environments when I plan on getting inebriated.

2:19 - I biked over to a shady part of the park within a local suburban labyrinth. I parked my bike and started smoking my way through a joint of high quality, very sticky cannabis, which was extra rewarding, as it was a gift from a close friend. I mixed the grass with an particularly large flower bud from my Coleus blumei bush.

I layed down in the shade on my back for a while enjoying the phenomenal weather. I hazily rode my bike into the sprawling west coastal suburbia.

3:14 - I make my way through a sea of high-schoolers making their way home after getting released from the local catchment schools. I was pretty lost in thought at this stage, and laughed to myself about how none of them knew how stoned I was. (Though they probably did, since I was biking aimlessly and giggling to myself.

The cotton mouth was brutal already, like my mouth was made of dry cardboard. I only had a small flask-full of water, and no money for refreshments so I had to ration my drink.

It was not as dissociative as the old grass I was used to smoking, it was stronger in other aspects, time was stretched out a whole lot more, and my coordination was not as good as it should be for someone biking about town. However I really could not distinguish the effects of the pot from the effects of the Kratom and the coleus. The nausea was creeping up on me now.

3:17 - although I was blissful, my limbs were getting weak and I was feeling nauseous. I stopped to drink the last of my water. I made my way to a park trail and sat down on a bench in the sun. I found great amusement in petting a patient bystanders dog.

3:23 - the nausea was getting really intense, but my state of mind was still stony and positive. I found the most beautiful underpass I have ever seen, basically calling for me to relax under the shade. I pulled my bike down to the shaded rocky underpass and explored the area. A perfect little river shore with no litter or homeless camps.

The cotton mouth was getting so bad that in an impaired way decided, well since the water of the river is moving that its gotta be safe to drink. It was gloriously refreshing.

Likely as a result from drinking river water, the nausea became doubly powerful. I lay down on the gravel over my jacket which was much more comfortable than it sounds. I spaced out to the sound of the river and the occasional wind-like sounds of the traffic above me.

It felt like I was laying there for hours.

3:27 - I got up briefly before finding that as soon as I stood, the nausea hit me again.

3:35 - I make the same mistake. Despite my upbeat haze, I can tell that this is worse nausea than what I've experienced with morning glories for sure.

4:00 after a refreshing rest in the shade, only mildly high at this point I deem myself in good enough condition to start riding home.

Despite the intense cotton mouth and nausea, I consider that day to be exceptional, I rarely get such a positive mood boost from cannabis alone, so the Kratom is probably supplementing that aspect.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ShamanisticVibes
#2 Posted : 5/5/2021 8:03:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have always loved the coleus, I have had it a as house plants forever. But I have never heard about them being psychoactive. I have one here that has been alive for almost 2 years and never heard any tale of what you are referring to. Now I am very interested and would like to get into some literature. Is there any that you feel would be helpful?
May we continue to be blessed

Sakkadelic
#3 Posted : 5/5/2021 9:59:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamanisticVibes wrote:
I have always loved the coleus, I have had it a as house plants forever. But I have never heard about them being psychoactive. I have one here that has been alive for almost 2 years and never heard any tale of what you are referring to. Now I am very interested and would like to get into some literature. Is there any that you feel would be helpful?

Terence Mckenna talks about it, it's mildly psychoactive i never heard of any significant experiences with it. I still love the plant and grow it bcz it's pretty, fractal and psychoactive.
synergies with other plants may be interesting like meluzine reports, i've read about someone trying it with rue and having some effects.. one day i will try it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QeKpAGXsss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBwovHd6c5U
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

meluzine
#4 Posted : 5/5/2021 4:30:28 PM

true love will find you in the end. β€’93β€’

here is the report of it being used with cannabis:
Erowid Exp Report

"in combination with marijuana, it seems to potentiate the dreamy and visual qualitites of the marijuana. In combination with salvia, it extends both the peak and duration of the experience. In both cases, however, the distinctive coleus effects are difficult to distinguish."

I have to admit I was sceptical about the psychoactive potential of coleus, and I am still very unsure of its effectiveness, maybe one day when I have all my equipment I will do an oil distillation and experiment with an extract in the form of EO, like one would with catnip. But that's just brainstorming.

According to Snu's Garden of Eden, the Macumba smoked C. blumei as a substitute for ceremonial cannabis.
Its more well known as Mazatec substitute for Salvia divinorum, but I don't think you can achieve a anything near a Salvia trip from this plant. maybe they had access to a perfect chemo-type of the species that had higher concentrations of whatever made it psychoactive, or something.

From the Garden of Eden:
C. blumei has yielded rosmarinic acid (Buckingham et al. ed. 1994),
5,6,7-trihydroxyfl avone, scutellarein [6-OH-apigenin], cyanidin-3,5-
diglucoside, pelargonidin-3-glucoside, nonacosane, hentriacontane, dotriacontane,
tritriacontane, pentatriacontane, B-sitosterol and stigmasterol
(Rastogi & Mehrotra ed. 1990-1993). In the process of analysis for salvinorin
A, the leaf extract was shown to be rich in components, but their
identities were not pursued as none were similar to salvinorin A (Gruber
1997).

- Snu Voogelbreinder

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 5/5/2021 9:21:20 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I have had a couple of interesting experiences with coleus.

One time a white/pale yellow/pale green variegated specimen produced a crazy kind of head rush, hard to describe it but my friend who I shared the coleus joint with just looked at me with a very surprised expression and said (classically), "Wow!", to which I replied, "Yeah, what the hell was that?" There was a kind of sensation of motion and expansion to it, along with a feeling of intensity, but it wasn't particularly visual.

The other time was lucid dreaming after chewing a red/brown/green variegated leaf.

I guess I ought to do something with the huge pile of dried coleus leaves that I've collected.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli