We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dried salvia? Options

Dimitri-Trance
#1 Posted : 2/3/2010 12:21:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are the leafs still psychoactive when dried and harvested? Will an 1oz give you medium effects?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

deweeb
#2 Posted : 2/3/2010 2:48:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If the leaves have been dried in the direct sunlight I doubt it , salvinorin a is destroyed by the sun . So if the leaves have been dried in the shade , they should be fine . As far as dosage goes it's kinda hard to say what will happen , are you smoking or quiding , are you a hard head , lots of variables .
Plus what does a "medium" effect to you mean exactly ?

jamie
#3 Posted : 2/3/2010 3:01:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

i have dried leaves in the sun and they were still very active..
Normally i dry them in the shade though..
Long live the unwoke.

Dimitri-Trance
#4 Posted : 2/3/2010 3:48:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

deweeb wrote:
If the leaves have been dried in the direct sunlight I doubt it , salvinorin a is destroyed by the sun . So if the leaves have been dried in the shade , they should be fine . As far as dosage goes it's kinda hard to say what will happen , are you smoking or quiding , are you a hard head , lots of variables .
Plus what does a "medium" effect to you mean exactly ?

Oh...sryEmbarrased
Im quiding. I dont smoke it at all!
mediumRolling eyes as in common. Sry again.Very happy
Im not a hardhead.

Dimitri-Trance
#5 Posted : 2/3/2010 3:49:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
i have dried leaves in the sun and they were still very active..
Normally i dry them in the shade though..

Hmmm...interesting.Smile

maxzar100
#6 Posted : 2/3/2010 3:55:28 AM

Earth Child

It is because there is more then one active ingrediant besides salvinorom A in it, there a two other very strong ones also
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

endlessness
#7 Posted : 2/3/2010 9:49:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tell me what are the results.. SWIM got a some dried salvia leaves, I think it is 25g but maybe its 50...but didnt try them yet.. He also wanted to do quidding.. He thought maybe making a crude alcohol extraction and using that could work better?

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 2/3/2010 10:01:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1oz????????
I can contact the little white men in the underground cave with 2g in my mouth.
Just slowly chew them and suck on em occassionally. Swallow some of the juice and squish it around. Do this for 15 minutes before replacing the leaves eventually.

jamie
#9 Posted : 2/3/2010 4:27:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah id never ever chew an ounce...i get deep meditative effects and an opening feeling with only 2 leaves...thats dry leaves..dry leaves dont weight anything like the wet leaves..I could see maybe an ounce of wet leaves..but an ounce of dry leaf is a big big pile..I just rehydrate the wet leaf and roll it up and chew.
Long live the unwoke.

deweeb
#10 Posted : 2/3/2010 5:29:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok so your quiding , that's cool . No need to apologize Very happy I never weigh out my leaves , just grab about six nice size dry ones and pop them in my mouth . Wad them together with my tongue and chew and park under my tongue . Chew and park, chew and park , about every 5-10 mins. It helps if you lie down on your back with your head slightly tilted back so the saliva collects towards the back of your throat, swallow as needed. About 1/2 hrs ought to do it. Using this method you won't have a total break through but still a nice clear meditative state with a few CE fractals .

I am a non smoker as well , you should try vaporizing extract if you want a full on break through , there is such a small amount of vapor it is easy on your lungs and blasts you through the stargate .

With the degeneration of the salvinorin a in the Sun it is a fact , FE was lucky he may have had minimal degeneration due to the position of the leaf (the goods are on the underside) and the length of exposure . The other comment about other goods being psychoactive are true Savinorin b and c , but these compounds are not found in much concentration nor is there a lot of information about them at present . The majority of your trip is Sal a produced .

Good luck and let us know how things go .

btw check out this other thread I posted on if you like . http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=8284

Dimitri-Trance
#11 Posted : 2/3/2010 6:53:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
1oz????????
I can contact the little white men in the underground cave with 2g in my mouth.
Just slowly chew them and suck on em occassionally. Swallow some of the juice and squish it around. Do this for 15 minutes before replacing the leaves eventually.

Sweet!
Ill try 6g for common effects.Cool

Dimitri-Trance
#12 Posted : 2/3/2010 6:56:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
yeah id never ever chew an ounce...i get deep meditative effects and an opening feeling with only 2 leaves...thats dry leaves..dry leaves dont weight anything like the wet leaves..I could see maybe an ounce of wet leaves..but an ounce of dry leaf is a big big pile..I just rehydrate the wet leaf and roll it up and chew.

Yeah. I quid-ed about 4 fresh leafs (maybe weight about 3-4g/wet).
I got to level 2.Surprised
So i guess im lucky and sensitive.Smile

Espiridion
#13 Posted : 2/18/2010 4:52:55 AM

--who.??..ME??--

I once used dry leaves with acetone and then evapped the acetone onto a coffee filter. Rolled it up and chewed on it for mild effects. I don't think my leaves are very strong. Havent tried smoking yet but have mixed salvia and calea in acetone and now evapping onto passionflower and mullein.

We will see!!! I heard that calea smoothes out the rough side of salvia and that has been the thing keeping me from trying to smoke it.

E
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung