CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV910111213NEXT»
The Art of Art Van D'lay Options

Bill Cipher
#201 Posted : 8/6/2021 6:35:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greatly appreciated, ShaministicVibes. It can sometimes feel like I'm screaming into the void a little bit, so it's good to know that they're hitting home. It's a never ending labor o' love.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ShamanisticVibes
#202 Posted : 8/6/2021 6:57:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
Greatly appreciated, ShaministicVibes. It can sometimes feel like I'm screaming into the void a little bit, so it's good to know that they're hitting home. It's a never ending labor o' love.

Absolutely. I don't always have the time to look, because I like to get into all the fine details. You really don't miss any possibilities when it comes to the finer stuff, which is all-encompassing to me when I sit down and get into them. Not only cool to look at but also stimulating the brain so intensely. Like I get a little tingling in my cerebrum Big grin

Jack of few trades, Master of none, Student of all

Bill Cipher
#203 Posted : 8/6/2021 7:13:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamanisticVibes wrote:
Not only cool to look at but also stimulating the brain so intensely. Like I get a little tingling in my cerebrum Big grin

And that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all day!

Bill Cipher
#204 Posted : 8/7/2021 5:09:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just trying to beef up the e-vil with this supercharged wacko paintjob.

Note: One cannot necessarily tell from the angle, but this son of a bitch has got no skull on the back of his noggin.

There's a zipper too. It's a little gross if the truth be told. He's an unpleasant dude all around.
Bill Cipher attached the following image(s):
Contrapasso (Without Background) - Front.jpg (1,767kb) downloaded 136 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#205 Posted : 8/7/2021 7:27:43 PM

Peeing into the abyss

ModeratorChemical expert

Fantastically grotesque - but my son complains about the apparent lack of nasal hair!
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ShamanisticVibes
#206 Posted : 8/7/2021 7:51:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Fantastically grotesque - but my son complains about the apparent lack of nasal hair!

Maybe he manscapes.... they got a nose hair trimmer

downwardsfromzero
#207 Posted : 8/7/2021 8:24:49 PM

Peeing into the abyss

ModeratorChemical expert

ShamanisticVibes wrote:

Could be. He got a bit carried away while trimming at the back, though.
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Bill Cipher
#208 Posted : 8/8/2021 12:49:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

He's Amish, if you really must know; hence the Amish Chinstrap. And his sect is ironically quite particular regarding their nasal grooming.

ShmanisticVibes wrote:

Indeed they do. He owns more than one.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
He got a bit carried away while trimming at the back, though.

Not at all. He's fully able to zip that shit up. He just likes to let it breathe.

roninsina
#209 Posted : 8/8/2021 5:30:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wanted to say the theme of (ambular?) walls of tablets/cards has a strong resonance with some of my more personal dives into hyperspace. If your experiences with the accompanying elements of those experiences are anything like mine...... well, I appreciate the soul baring you’re gifting to all of us.

Bill Cipher wrote:

I think this may be a common feeling around here. There’s often a higher order of magnitude/personally resonating post or thread on the Nexus that merits the type of response that I simply do not have the time resources to craft. At least, in the instance of this thread, there appears to be an average of over three views per hour since you started posting four months ago.

"We sit in a circle and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

Bill Cipher
#210 Posted : 8/8/2021 7:07:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

roninsina wrote:
I think this may be a common feeling around here. There’s often a higher order of magnitude/personally resonating post or thread on the Nexus that merits the type of response that I simply do not have the time resources to craft. At least, in the instance of this thread, there appears to be an average of over three views per hour since you started posting four months ago.

Thank you very much, roninsina. I appreciate that immensely, as I do everyone here who has stopped by over the past few months to take a peek at my work.

This is the place I became who I am. It was the only place I ever shared my early attempts at art, so it feels very special to come back now and create this little repository. It's a very cool thing to put it all here in one handy dandy thread. Not only do I get to show you exactly what I want you to see, but my goofy stories and process exxxtras create the actual context in which I want you to see them.

I used to think that less was more when talking about my pieces. The art that I usually respond to most will show you just enough to force you to craft your own unique narratives. I like that, and it's what I've always endeavored to do with mine as well. However, now I feel that the stories are key. Hopefully they don't box you in. There are always a multitude of ways in which to interpret any art, and just because I see one thing doesn't mean you shouldn't see another. But I think they help. I think they kind of light the fuse and make you engage in the work. What you do once you begin, well that's really all up to you.

I hate social media with a passion. Between Twitter's severely limiting text, Facebook's role in the death of democracy (and constantly suspending me for fighting), Instagram's endless army of influencers and Reddit's douchebag everything, it all just feels gross to me, and engaging here never has. I do it anyway because I have to, but not with anything close to the same regularity or genuine enthusiasm. These is my peeps. I know that when I post something here that's drenched in DMT, most everyone who sees it is likely to at least recognize the aesthetic. And if not, well that's okay too. I don't ever attempt to bring back anything that I've actually seen in there. These are not trip reports at all. That kind of thing doesn't interest me. But the design language, the bizarre aesthetic, the endless hieroglyphics, the super saturated color combos and the impossibility of it all, that has all been a gift from the gods, a download I had little to do with.

It's entirely possible if you're here that I may have rubbed you wrong at some time during the past 12 years. Hopefully you still tune in and take in what I'm layin' down, cursing my name while blowing shit up and hitting them nooks and crannies. All are welcome... apart from MAGA. If you wear the red hat, you're out. There are a number of well known "visionary" artists who publicly stand for that bullshit. I don't understand how we take the same drugs and that's what they come away with, but garbage in garbage out as I always say. Psychedelics don't necessarily enlighten, and not everyone who paint's not a shitsack.

And here I've turned a perfectly pleasant conversation into political rant. Such is me. I'm an angry dog.

Namaste and all that.

ShamanisticVibes
#211 Posted : 8/8/2021 8:11:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:

It's entirely possible if you're here that I may have rubbed you wrong at some time during the past 12 years. Hopefully you still tune in and take in what I'm layin' down, cursing my name while blowing shit up and hitting them nooks and crannies. All are welcome... apart from MAGA. If you wear the red hat, you're out. There are a number of well known "visionary" artists who publicly stand for that bullshit. I don't understand how we take the same drugs and that's what they come away with, but garbage in garbage out as I always say. Psychedelics don't necessarily enlighten, and not everyone who paint's not a shitsack.

And here I've turned a perfectly pleasant conversation into political rant. Such is me. I'm an angry dog.

Namaste and all that.

We have not always seen things from the same side of the card, but I am one who appreciates differences, even if I may not like the way you go about things sometimes. And just as so, it does not mean that you are not a valuable person with valuable talents. The MAGA things I really just don't understand. It seems like a common sense thing that these values are wrong, but not everyone has the same perspectives as me, I suppose. One thing I have noticed is some of the megalomania that is caused by psychedelics; giving some "god complexes", and others just skewed versions of what reality can be. I was just saying the other day that I have noticed that a lot of people who deal with entheogens can be very abrasive, "holier than thou" types. In certain instances, such as a few I have seen you involved in, it can be broken down to passion. But some folks just want to belittle someone just to do the belittling. As long as you show me respect, I will show it back to you. LOL awww now you've got me ranting Big grin

Blessings, and "all that shit". Wink

Bill Cipher
#212 Posted : 8/8/2021 9:47:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamanisticVibes wrote:
We have not always seen things from the same side of the card, but I am one who appreciates differences, even if I may not like the way you go about things sometimes. And just as so, it does not mean that you are not a valuable person with valuable talents. The MAGA things I really just don't understand. It seems like a common sense thing that these values are wrong, but not everyone has the same perspectives as me, I suppose. One thing I have noticed is some of the megalomania that is caused by psychedelics; giving some "god complexes", and others just skewed versions of what reality can be. I was just saying the other day that I have noticed that a lot of people who deal with entheogens can be very abrasive, "holier than thou" types. In certain instances, such as a few I have seen you involved in, it can be broken down to passion. But some folks just want to belittle someone just to do the belittling. As long as you show me respect, I will show it back to you. LOL awww now you've got me ranting Big grin

Blessings, and "all that shit". Wink

Please be aware that Van D'lay Industries (which has shareholders to report to) has admonished Mr. Van D'lay numerous times for poor behavior.

Discussions of a conservatorship are currently underway, citing the recently publicized Spears model.

ShamanisticVibes
#213 Posted : 8/9/2021 1:24:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:

Please be aware that Van D'lay Industries (which has shareholders to report to) has admonished Mr. Van D'lay numerous times for poor behavior.

Discussions of a conservatorship are currently underway, citing the recently publicized Spears model.

And what exactly do the shareholders think about you, Bill? Big grin Wink

You're a funny cat sometimes, brother.

Keep up the good work

Bill Cipher
#214 Posted : 8/9/2021 2:10:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamanisticVibes wrote:
And what exactly do the shareholders think about you, Bill? Big grin Wink

I serve at the pleasure of Mr. Van D'lay. The shareholders can eat my balls.

Bill Cipher
#215 Posted : 8/9/2021 6:09:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are a couple of remixed stills from the Confundibulum video.

Contrapasso has served me well. He's the gift that keeps on giving.
Bill Cipher attached the following image(s):
Confundibulum - Red.jpg (11,737kb) downloaded 171 time(s).
Confundibulum - Hard Psyche Edition.jpg (11,781kb) downloaded 172 time(s).

null24
#216 Posted : 8/9/2021 9:54:18 PM

not a derogatory robot

Welcoming committeeModerator

Making my stay in the nut hut much more pleasurable, Bill. Thanks! I actually laughed today.

Quote:
There are a number of well known "visionary" artists who publicly stand for that bullshit.

Who? I wanna make sure they aren't on my walls.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Bill Cipher
#217 Posted : 8/9/2021 10:30:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Who? I wanna make sure they aren't on my walls.

I'll DM ya.

Bill Cipher
#218 Posted : 8/10/2021 5:45:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In case you missed em the first time around, here are three little animated doodads starring Contrapasso, all featuring the funky beatz of The Ubiquitous Dr. Fatstax:

Contrapasso - Mind Control Mega-Mix

Confundibulum - Oops, I Fucked Up Your Brain Edition

Belly of the Beast - Subliminal Enslavement Redux

ShamanisticVibes
#219 Posted : 8/10/2021 7:46:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ahhh, the spiders! Death from above... why would you do that to me? Now I'm gonna feel icky for hours. Stationary spiders are fine, but you make one move?....f*ck. Did you mean for them to be so menacing?

Bill Cipher
#220 Posted : 8/10/2021 8:20:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamanisticVibes wrote:
Ahhh, the spiders! Death from above... why would you do that to me? Now I'm gonna feel icky for hours. Stationary spiders are fine, but you make one move?....f*ck. Did you mean for them to be so menacing?

Well, you know... It is Hell after all.

«PREV910111213NEXT»