We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelic drug users tend to have better overall physical health than non-users, study finds Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 4/3/2021 1:21:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The use of psychedelic substances is associated with better physical health, according to preliminary research published in the Journal of Psychopharmacology. But the cause of this relationship remains unclear.

https://www.psypost.org/...users-study-finds-60021/

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 4/3/2021 3:13:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Jagube wrote:
Quote:
The use of psychedelic substances is associated with better physical health, according to preliminary research published in the Journal of Psychopharmacology. But the cause of this relationship remains unclear.

https://www.psypost.org/...users-study-finds-60021/

Thank you for sharing. I hope they perform that double-blind study to assess causation.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 4/4/2021 5:50:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There could be a vast number of reasons for this correlation.

But there are certainly physical health benefits to psychedelics. Them being potent anti-inflammatories (via the TNF-alpha pathway) being one of them.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

tango
#4 Posted : 4/7/2021 8:23:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I keep telling people about the effect of pshychedelics on the body, but it doesn't resonate

dithyramb
#5 Posted : 4/7/2021 8:54:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychedelic using population might be overall more health conscious to begin with, and/or psychedelics might have an overall effect of making people more health conscious. Plant/mushroom based psychedelics, that is. I am a health freak for one.

Also, the direct, diverse physical health benefits of ayahuasca and rue analogues are pretty well known.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo