We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
toasted/roasted P. harmala seed tea recipe Options

Triglav
#1 Posted : 3/29/2021 5:48:29 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

The recipe is very simple and the only trick is in one step - roasting the seeds on a pan.

1.) Cover the pan with seeds so that all the seeds are touching the pan.
2.) Roast on low to medium heat for about 5 minutes. Do mix the seeds with a wooden spoon or something similar. Here more experimentation is possible. What I have observed is that the seeds will get lighter with roasting. Also a pleasant nutty smell should be present. Make sure not to burn the seeds. Roasted seeds have a very pleasant smell IMO - not at all burnt.

After you have successfully roasted your seeds just proceed to make a simple tea. I make about 5 to 7 short water pulls with just enough water to cover the seeds. For every pull I wait for the water to start boiling and leave it like that for 1 minute or so. Then I collect the water and make a new pull. Then I filter once trough a double coffee filter to remove bigger particles and put in a glass container. Cool down and put in the fridge. Decant if more particles settled to obtain a cleaner tea.

I don't make my tea very concentrated - thus I obtain a very clear liquid. I pour it in a shot glass for a nice micro/small dose before sleep.

You can start using the tea immediately or you can wait for the tea to condition a bit in the fridge. I my experience it got even better with a few weeks of conditioning.

Effects are that the tea is much less bitter in the beginning and now after a few weeks it's not bitter at all. More than that the taste is very pleasant - reminding me of nuts, cocoa, coffee and maybe something else as well - very pleasant IME and it does have the desired effects.

Please write about your experience if you decide to try this recipe! I am intrigued.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 3/29/2021 6:53:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This is exactly what I've been doing lately. Just toasted seeds, then 5 -7 boils with water, no acid required - although I have added 100mg ascorbic acid every second boil because our local water supply is pretty alkaline.

With 2.5g seeds a final volume of about 200mL has a good flavour. I've also filtered before and after a volume-reducing boil using the trusty cotton wool plug in a funnel to good effect. This recipe can on occasion be complemented nicely by a few drops of 'mimosa extract tincture'.

Great medicine for both inner work and intimate times with one's partner. My motivation levels are way up - I even built a greenhouse last week Very happy

I'm in the process of editing a set of reports about some recent experiences.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

doubledog
#3 Posted : 3/30/2021 11:41:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used a tea prepared by this method for normal extraction of alkaloids. Yield was over 5% after two basing steps, so it is very effective.
No more long boils of rue.

Triglav
#4 Posted : 3/30/2021 1:36:08 PM

doubledog wrote:
I used a tea prepared by this method for normal extraction of alkaloids. Yield was over 5% after two basing steps, so it is very effective.
No more long boils of rue.

The idea behind this procedure to make tea is to obtain a tea that is quite tasty to drink. Of course you can extract from that, but it is not the purpose of this recipe.

doubledog
#5 Posted : 3/30/2021 1:55:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, that is clear, my post was just a confirmation that there is (almost) no leftover in the seeds after this procedure.
The tea is not only tasty, but also fully active.
win-win situation.

Triglav
#6 Posted : 3/30/2021 2:44:38 PM

doubledog wrote:
Yes, that is clear, my post was just a confirmation that there is (almost) no leftover in the seeds after this procedure.
The tea is not only tasty, but also fully active.
win-win situation.

I see. Thank you for the clarification. Good to hear that his method is being used and people are enjoying it. Smile

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 4/1/2021 7:53:15 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

As another bonus, the toasting of the seeds has a nice incense-like quality to it which adds to the overall process.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli