We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelics and Older people: Can people that are past 70 use? Options

ZonSun
#1 Posted : 3/27/2021 10:53:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone,

Me and my father are like best friends, he is very liberal and openminded, he knows about my trips and doesn't interfere with my life, not only that but he shows interest in the experiences and is a very good trip sitter. He has stated many times that he would like to try Dmt.

He quit using many years ago, he did not use much tried weed, but he quit nicotine and alcohol. He has heart and lung problems, so I feel concerned if he couldn't handle it.

What is your opinion on this matter?

Should I allow him to smoke some enhanced leaf or not?
We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Marijane that said that the shape of happiness might resemble glass. Her reasoning made sense. She said that even though you don't usually notice it, its still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 3/27/2021 11:32:28 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

If you or him are too concerned, it would be advised no. Even if nothing physically happens, the underlying fear can manifest negatively in the trip. ie the whole trip could be a loop of fear that his body can’t take it.

I would equate the most physical symptoms I’ve gotten from smoalking to running up a hill. Heart got pumping, sweating, my breathes got a little faster.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 3/27/2021 11:56:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
If you or him are too concerned, it would be advised no. Even if nothing physically happens, the underlying fear can manifest negatively in the trip. ie the whole trip could be a loop of fear that his body can’t take it.

I would equate the most physical symptoms I’ve gotten from smoalking to running up a hill. Heart got pumping, sweating, my breathes got a little faster.

I agree, given the naturr of DMT to amplify anything that is thought or felt, if there is an underlying worry strong enough there may be an outcome to the effect tnat Metamorpheus described.

I'm not a health expert. However, it might be a good idea to start him off at a really low dosage like 10mg. Small enough to produce an effect, but not too much intensity. He may not have too much going on with CEVs or OEVs, but it call still be a beautiful experience. Provided how that goes, SLOWLY scale up from there. Perhapa by 2mg to 5mg.

One love.
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Ramma
#4 Posted : 3/28/2021 7:10:03 AM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

i would like it to be ok and safe, in my experience its too hard even for a 20 year old heart,
Behold, a sower went out to sow

ZonSun
#5 Posted : 3/28/2021 8:50:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I won't even bother, he has experienced a lot and I don't think he would handle it well.

He is advised against strenuous activity because of heart problems.

We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Marijane that said that the shape of happiness might resemble glass. Her reasoning made sense. She said that even though you don't usually notice it, its still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 3/28/2021 4:22:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Ramma wrote:
i would like it to be ok and safe, in my experience its too hard even for a 20 year old heart,

Powerful statement.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽