We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Substances that increase the sensitivity of 5-ht2a receptors. Options

dragonrider
#1 Posted : 3/27/2021 10:07:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are several ways in wich psycho-active substances can synergize. The probably most well known way to us, is the combination of MAOI's and DMT or other psychedelic tryptamines, where inhibition of the enzyme that breaks down these tryptamines activates or potentiates their effects.

Another way in wich two substances can work together, is by one substance increasing the sensitivity of the receptors the other substance is acting on.

There are two substances that i know off, that can enhance the effects of classic hallucinogens like DMT or LSD this way, but there are probably more of them.

The first is cannabis, and the other is fresh morning glory seeds.

In both cases, the effects of psychedelics are not just increased, but also being altered.

With both cannabis and fresh morning glory seeds, psychedelic substances become much more dissociative than they normally are. Visuals also become more colourfull and the colours become more saturated. In both cases the experience becomes more immersive, but also stranger, more disorienting, and more unpredictable.

But there are also differences: with cannabis, the experience becomes more mellow and sedating. Fresh morning glory seeds on the other hand, rather seem to make the experience speedier and more stimulating.

I wonder what other substances there are, that increase the sensitivity of 5-ht2A receptor and if people are willing to experiment a little with these substances in combination with psychedelics.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 3/27/2021 11:09:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Weed is good, when you don't take too much. It helps you to immerse in the experience. Too much and everything becomes cloudy.

Neurologically I think the synergy comes from triggering wide variety of receptors and receptor types.

I have never experimented with morning glory seeds but have some in my possession and will do a naphtha wash soon and see what it is about. I'm quite excited about it, thanks for bringing it into attention!
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Ramma
#3 Posted : 3/27/2021 11:50:17 PM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

cannabis and 5htp creates at its peak 10 mins of intense joyful euforia

I dont know much about 5ht2a receptors, but aparently its the neurological recepction to DMT
Behold, a sower went out to sow

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 3/29/2021 12:24:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Weed is good, when you don't take too much. It helps you to immerse in the experience. Too much and everything becomes cloudy.

Neurologically I think the synergy comes from triggering wide variety of receptors and receptor types.

I have never experimented with morning glory seeds but have some in my possession and will do a naphtha wash soon and see what it is about. I'm quite excited about it, thanks for bringing it into attention!

Morning glory seeds only work synergistically when they're fresh. Older seeds have the opposite effect.

I suspect that CBD will also reduce the effects of most psychedelic substances.

The pharmacology of cannabinoids is probably much more complex than i do it justice here, but CBD seems to have the opposite effects of THC.

Perhaps it could even be used as a stopper for people who find they've chewed more of a psychedelic than they could swallow.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 3/29/2021 1:20:46 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I've said it before - but since you've made this topic I can't help but mention nutmeg. The effect when dosed at a non-deliriant level before mushrooms or cactus. Tincture corresponding to about ½ - 1 g nutmeg nut material has an antidepressant-ish effect and it had a positive influence each time on several mushroom trips.

As for substances that increase the sensitivity of a receptor, some of these would be positive allosteric modulators. Typing "5ht allosteric modulator" into a search engine brings up a bunch of results. We find that, for instance,
capsaicin is a negative allosteric modulator of the 5-HT3 receptor.

However, there seems to be an indication that 5-HT2a (and D2) receptors do not show a significant positive or negative receptor modulation "at least at the level of downstream calcium signalling." This implies that sensitivity changes in the 5-HT2a signalling system occur as a result of influences at somewhere other than the receptors themselves.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Jagube
#6 Posted : 3/29/2021 6:55:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't harmalas increase the sentivity too? They upregulate the receptors, which makes them more sensitive to 5-HT2 agonists. And that probably also means they can reset tolerance (= downregulation) to tryptamines.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 3/29/2021 11:52:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Jagube wrote:

Don't harmalas increase the sentivity too? They upregulate the receptors, which makes them more sensitive to 5-HT2 agonists. And that probably also means they can reset tolerance (= downregulation) to tryptamines.
Iirc, Ott (in "Ayahuasca analogues") noted that harmalas acted partly to block the sensitivity of 5-HT 2aR to DMT and contrasted this with the greatly increased response with the ergoline derivative (methergine?) and also the increased response to injected DMT in combination with pindolol. What I particularly remember is, to quote him,
"...maybe we need less ayahuasca in our ayahuasca!"

I'd disagree with him on that particular aspect. The harmala part is pretty important in and of itself.

As far as upregulation of 5-HT 2a receptors goes, this article suggests that this occurs only with the combination of DMT plus betacarboline and not with either DMT or the betacarbolines separately.

Edit: Callaway, 1994 suggests that THH might be behind the upregulation.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

King Tryptamine
#8 Posted : 3/31/2021 7:32:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not too sure what drugs cause the up-regulation of the 5-HT2A or any other subtype of serotonin receptor but as far as enhancing the state of mind induced by psychedelic drugs, namely LSD and 2-CB, I'd say MDMA does a spectacular job at increasing an individuals sensitivity to those drugs and other drugs! Probably not a drug to be used as frequently as psychedelics but if used sparingly its an experience to remember for the rest of ones life. Nicotine is also a good one but I'm sure everyone knows about the risks that carries as well as MDMA.

I'm not sure if I remember this correctly but I think a substance in St Johns Wort, perhaps hyperforin was shown to upregulate 5-HT2A receptors but as big of a pharmacological background this plant has in reality it seems to disappoint on its said mechanism of action having a pretty rubbish efficacy IMO. I don't think it does anything really despite said pharmacodynamics.

Not a psychoactive drug but does have drug like effects, Exercise! Exercise whether resistance or cardio is good for everything, physical and mental health. Unlike MDMA and nicotine which carry health risks this one will only improve an individuals health and keep the cardiovascular system sharp for these vasoconstrictive, tachy, and 5-HT2B agonising drugs. Increased levels of blood flow carrying various hormones and neurotransmitters will definitly enhance the psychedelic experience and help guide it in a more positive direction.

ChrisRtr
#9 Posted : 5/15/2021 5:40:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Baclofen

benzyme
#10 Posted : 5/16/2021 3:28:53 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

aniracetam Thumbs up
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Loveall
#11 Posted : 5/17/2021 9:50:04 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Mannitol is interesting. Won't affect the receptors directly (I think), but could help transport through the blood brain barrier.

Mannitol is not well absorbed in the digestive tract, but citrus fruits may help. It is present naturally in mushrooms.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

someblackguy
#12 Posted : 5/17/2021 8:19:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[Ways to naturally control the release of our own DMT  |  Subforum: Welcome discussion
Monday, January 9, 2012 12:29:28 PM]
arcanum wrote:
vardlokkur wrote:
I'm interested in learning if anyone here has had any personal success in releasing their brains natural supply of DMT in large quantities.

Take more exogenous DMT, that'll get things up and runnin. it may not be natural DMT levels rising but a certain "neural rewiring" could be taking place that facilitates the brains sensitivity to unusual sensastions. ( anyone can conjure up an altered state with some spare time and a calm dark spot )

This subject always has the "mystic pseudo scientists" excited. However until solid science has emparted it's views backed by empirical evidence, then there's no reason to suppose that DMT is produced in the brain, or that Descartes theories hold any water. ( even Strassman abandoned the DMT-pineal link)

On a parting note, it has been proven that certain antidepressants have been responsible for neurogenesis, if used for a sustained period. One such is the serotonin reuptake enhancer Tianeptine.( which by the way in high doses, can have noticeable DMT like effects, I tried that out.) […]

[Meneses A. **Tianeptine**: 5-HT uptake sites and 5-HT(1-7) receptors modulate memory formation in an autoshaping Pavlovian/instrumental task. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2002 May; 26(3):309-19. doi: 10.1016/s0149-7634(02)00005-2. PMID: 12034133.

“Abstract: Recent studies using invertebrate and mammal species have revealed that, endogenous serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) modulates cognitive processes, particularly learning and memory, though, at present, it is unclear the manner, where, and how long 5-HT systems are involved. Hence in this work, an attempt was made to study the effects of 5-HT endogenous on memory formation, using a **5-HT uptake facilitator**† (**tianeptine**) and, selective 5-HT(1-7) receptor antagonists to determine whether 5-HT uptake sites and which 5-HT receptors are involved, respectively. Results showed that post-training **tianeptine** injection enhanced memory consolidation in an autoshaping Pavlovian/instrumental learning task, which has been useful to detect changes on memory formation elicited by drugs or aging. On interaction experiments, ketanserin (5-HT(1D/2A/2C) antagonist) slightly enhanced tianeptine effects, while WAY 100635 (5-HT(1A) antagonist), SB-224289 (5-HT(1B) inverse agonist), SB-200646 (5-HT(2B/2C) antagonist), ondansetron (5-HT(3) antagonist), GR 127487 (5-HT(4) antagonist), Ro 04-6790 (5-HT(6) antagonist), DR 4004 (5-HT(7) antagonist), or fluoxetine (an inhibitor of 5-HT reuptake) blocked the facilitatory **tianeptine** effect. Notably, together tianeptine and Ro 04-6790 impaired learning consolidation. Moreover, 5-HT depletion completely reversed the **tianeptine** effect. **Tianeptine** also normalized an impaired memory elicited by scopolamine […]. **Tianeptine** has antidepressant and anxiolytic effects with a relative lack of sedative, anticholinergic, and cardiovascular side effects. It has been found to act as an atypical agonist of the μ-opioid receptor with clinically negligible effects on the δ- and κ-opioid receptors as do most tricyclic antidepressants (TCA).”]

•Wikipedia: “**Tianeptine** was discovered and patented by the French Society of Medical Research in the 1960s. Currently, **tianeptine** is approved in France and manufactured and marketed by Laboratories Servier SA; it is also marketed in a number of other European countries under the trade name Coaxil as well as in Asia (including Singapore) and Latin America as Stablon and Tatinol but it is not available in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, or the United States.
Medical Uses: Depression and anxiety – **Tianeptine** shows efficacy against serious depressive episodes (major depression), comparable to amitriptyline, imipramine and fluoxetine, but with significantly fewer side effects. […] **Tianeptine** also displays significant anxiolytic properties and is useful in treating a spectrum of anxiety disorders including panic disorder, as evidenced by **a study in which those administered 35% CO2 gas (carbogen)**‡ on paroxetine or **tianeptine** therapy showed equivalent panic-blocking effects. Like many antidepressants (including bupropion, the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, the serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, moclobemide and numerous others) it may also have a beneficial effect on cognition in people with depression-induced cognitive dysfunction. A 2005 study in Egypt showed tianeptine to be effective in men with depression and erectile dysfunction.
**Tianeptine** has been found to be effective in depression, in people with Parkinson's disease, and with post-traumatic stress disorder for which it was as safe and effective as fluoxetine and moclobemide [MAOI].
Other uses – **Tianeptine** has been reported to be very effective for asthma. In August 1998, Dr. Fuad Lechin and colleagues at the Central University of Venezuela Institute of Experimental Medicine in Caracas published the results of a 52-week randomized controlled trial of asthmatic children; the children in the groups that received **tianeptine** had a sharp decrease in clinical rating and increased lung function. Two years earlier, they had found a close, positive association between free serotonin in plasma and severity of asthma in symptomatic persons. As **tianeptine** was **the only agent known to both reduce free serotonin in plasma and enhance uptake in platelets**†, they decided to use it to see if reducing free serotonin levels in plasma would help. […]
Serotonin reuptake enhancer –
**Tianeptine** is no longer labelled a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Enhancer (SSRE) antidepressant. **Tianeptine** has been found to bind to the same allosteric site on the serotonin transporter (SERT) as conventional TCAs. However, whereas conventional TCAs inhibit serotonin reuptake by the SERT, **tianeptine** appears to **enhance it**†. This seems to be because of the unique C3 amino heptanoic acid side chain of **tianeptine**, which, in contrast to other TCAs, is thought to **lock the SERT in a conformation that increases affinity for and reuptake (Vmax) of serotonin**. As such, **tianeptine** acts as a positive allosteric modulator of the **SERT, or as a ‘serotonin reuptake enhancer’**††.
Initial studies found that upon acute and repeated administration, **tianeptine** decreased the extracellular levels of serotonin in rat brain without a decrease in serotonin release. In vitro, tianeptine and its two principal metabolites showed **no effects on monoamine uptake**†, release, or **neurotransmitter receptor binding**† in rats. […] However, more recent studies found that long-term administration of **tianeptine** does not elicit any marked alterations (neither increases nor decreases) in extracellular levels of serotonin in rats. However, coadministration of **tianeptine** and the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor fluoxetine inhibited the effect of **tianeptine** on long-term potentiation in hippocampal CA1 area. This is considered an argument for the opposite effects of **tianeptine** and fluoxetine on serotonin uptake, although it has been shown that fluoxetine can be partially substituted for **tianeptine** in animal studies. In any case, the collective research suggests that **direct modulation of the serotonin system**† is unlikely to be the mechanism of action underlying the **antidepressant effects** of **tianeptine**. […]
On 6 April 2018 Michigan became the first U.S. state to ban **tianeptine** sodium, classifying it as a schedule II controlled substance. The scheduling of **tianeptine** sodium is effective 4 July 2018. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has expressed concern that **tianeptine** may be an ‘emerging public health risk’, citing an increase in exposure-related calls to poison control centers in the United States. **Alabama is set to ban it on March 15, 2021.**‡‡” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tianeptine

††[Cozzi NV, Gopalakrishnan A, Anderson LL, Feih JT, Shulgin AT, Daley PF, Ruoho AE. Dimethyltryptamine and other hallucinogenic tryptamines exhibit substrate behavior at the **serotonin uptake transporter** and the vesicle monoamine transporter. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2009 Dec;116(12):1591-9. doi: 10.1007/s00702-009-0308-8. Epub 2009 Sep 12. PMID: 19756361.
“Abstract: N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is a potent plant hallucinogen that has also been found in human tissues. When ingested, DMT and related N,N-dialkyltryptamines produce an intense hallucinogenic state. Behavioral effects are mediated through various neurochemical mechanisms including activity at sigma-1 and serotonin receptors, modification of monoamine uptake and release, and competition for metabolic enzymes. To further clarify the pharmacology of hallucinogenic tryptamines, we synthesized DMT, N-methyl-N-isopropyltryptamine (MIPT), N,N-dipropyltryptamine (DPT), and N,N-diisopropyltryptamine. We then tested the abilities of these N,N-dialkyltryptamines to inhibit [(3)H]5-HT uptake via the plasma membrane **serotonin transporter (SERT) in human platelets** and via the vesicle monoamine transporter (VMAT2) in Sf9 cells expressing the rat VMAT2. The tryptamines were also tested as inhibitors of [(3)H]paroxetine binding to the SERT and [(3)H]dihydrotetrabenazine binding to VMAT2. Our results show that DMT, MIPT, DPT, and DIPT inhibit [(3)H]5-HT transport at the SERT with K ( I ) values of 4.00 +/- 0.70, 8.88 +/- 4.7, 0.594 +/- 0.12, and 2.32 +/- 0.46 microM, respectively. At VMAT2, the tryptamines inhibited [(3)H]5-HT transport with K ( I ) values of 93 +/- 6.8, 20 +/- 4.3, 19 +/- 2.3, and 19 +/- 3.1 muM, respectively. On the other hand, the tryptamines were very poor inhibitors of [(3)H]paroxetine binding to SERT and of [(3)H]dihydrotetrabenazine binding to VMAT2, resulting in high binding-to-uptake ratios. High binding-to-uptake ratios support the hypothesis that **the tryptamines are transporter substrates**, not uptake blockers, at both SERT and VMAT2, and also indicate that there are **separate substrate and inhibitor binding sites within these transporters**. The transporters may allow the accumulation of tryptamines within neurons to reach relatively high levels for sigma-1 receptor activation and to function as releasable transmitters.”]

††[2021 Alabama (US) **Tianeptine Ban**:

•WAAY-TV 31 News (Northern Alabama)—WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Tianaa Dangers (3/12/2019) “The WAAY 31 I-Team uncovered a potential addiction that might be right around the corner from your family. Even your kids could become addicted.
Across Huntsville and in other parts of Alabama, our I-Team found bottle after bottle of a product called Tianaa. Convenience stores are where users get their hands on it.
WAAY 31’s Greg Privett talked with a Huntsville woman about her struggle to reveal the dangers of Tianaa and rescue a family member.
‘Where is all this money going?’ She was worried sick. ‘How are these charges showing up at a gas station?’ she wondered. ‘And it was sometimes two or three times a day.’
She was determined to track down the truth. ‘I just followed him in the gas station and that’s what he was buying.’ With nowhere to turn, she became her own detective.
‘He didn’t want me to see’, she said. ‘He didn’t want me to know what he was buying.’
What she found horrified her. ‘It’s addictive and it can kill.’
‘He was craving the drug’, Sheila Gray told WAAY 31’s I-Team. ‘After a lot of intervention with other family members, he decided he needed help.’
Gray uncovered her family member was hooked on Tianaa. ‘The family member was buying that, because he works long hours, to give him some energy.’
Gray told us it may be labeled a dietary supplement, but Tianaa put her loved one’s life at risk. And it cost at least a thousand dollars a month.
‘When I found out, of course, I cleared all the money out of the bank account, took away the car, took away the keys to the car, took away the credit card, took away the phone and just let him withdraw.’
Tianaa is everywhere in Alabama.
‘We have seen a presence of Tianaa mostly around convenience stores’, Capt. Clay Hammac told the WAAY 31 I-Team. Hammac is commander of the Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force. He says Tianaa is a problem in Shelby County.
Hammac wants people across Alabama to know Tianaa is dangerous.
‘The more alarming ingredient in Tianaa is a synthetic drug called **Tianeptine**. **Tianeptine** is not approved for use as a prescription here in the United States by the FDA.’
He warns Tianaa affects your body much like opioids. Anyone who uses Tianaa can quickly become addicted.
‘Tragically, the chemical-dependency on **Tianeptine**, resulting in withdrawals, are quite severe. In fact, some of the withdrawal symptoms are very similar to that of opioid withdrawals.’
WAAY 31 went into one convenience store after another. Without exception, all the stores we checked were selling Tianaa. It’s the same story across North Alabama. Inside those stores, the people buying Tianaa aren’t just adults.
Down in Shelby County, high school and college students are buying Tianaa and using it as a recreational drug. Right now in Alabama, that’s perfectly legal.
Hammac classified Tianaa as ‘what we would consider casual drugs that students are experimenting with that many times you do find at your local gas station’.
Hammac told WAAY 31 school resource officers often find empty Tianna bottles in school bathrooms and parking lots. Some parents find their own evidence. He pointed out one example: ‘Mom and dad are reviewing the credit card statement and they see an exorbitant amount of charges at a local gas station. Their daughter has been purchasing Kratom as well as, after the **ban of Kratom**, Tianaa.’
Tianaa showed up in Alabama after state lawmakers made the herbal supplement, Kratom, a controlled substance two years ago. Hammac showed us a collection of Kratom product bottles his task force collected. ‘These items were being sold right next to the cash register at many local gas stations.’
Sen. Arthur Orr sponsored the Kratom ban. That was two years ago. When Kratom-laced liquid dried up in convenience stores, Tianaa filled the void.
‘We now have products like this: Tianaa’, Hammac said.
Orr told WAAY 31 manufacturers constantly skirt the law and reformulate products to slip through legal loopholes, so he’s working to make sure law enforcement can target active ingredients.
Tianaa is a huge seller. In Decatur, one convenience store told us they sell up to eighty bottles of Tianaa every day. That’s about $40 a pop for a bottle of 15 capsules.
WAAY 31 called Tianaa’s Florida-based distributor MT Lotz. They told us, ‘We’re not interested in making any comments.’
Tianaa’s distributor may not want to talk. But, drug officers insist parents must talk with their children about the dangers of Tianaa.
‘What we want to encourage parents all over the state of Alabama is listen, moms, dads, you need to be vigilant.’
Clay Hammac says beating the addiction to Tianaa is tough. ‘The withdrawals can be violent: bone chills, muscle aches, GI complications.’
Sheila Gray knows the pain of those withdrawals too well. She just watched her loved one suffer through them. ‘And that was awful’, Gray told us. ‘He said it was like ants crawling up his legs. It was just like opioid withdrawals. Just like it.’
For Gray, fighting Tianaa has been maddening. ‘I didn’t mention anything to the people who were selling it. But, I was angry at them’, She said. ‘I would like the cops to raid all the gas stations and take them off the shelves. But, I understand that takes some time.’
WAAY 31 contacted the Madison Morgan County Drug Task Force. They told us Tianaa is on their radar. But, their hands are tied until they can legally target Tianaa’s active ingredient.” http://web.archive.org/w...on-Tianaa-506954431.html

(2 years later…)

•WAAY-TV 31 News—State Bill Would Ban "Gas Station Heroin” (3/12/2021) http://youtu.be/MQyJcCo5dUo

•WAAY-TV 31 News— Products with **Tianeptine** Now Banned from Alabama Shelves (3/15/2021) “A drug known as ‘gas station dope’, that’s marketed as a dietary supplement and sold at convenience stores across the country was banned from store shelves in Alabama March 15.
That means any product containing the drug **tianeptine** cannot be sold in Alabama. If you take too much you can get a high similar to opioids.” http://web.archive.org/w...s-banned-alabama-shelves]

‡[“those administered 35% CO2 gas (carbogen) on paroxetine or **tianeptine** therapy showed equivalent panic-blocking effects”:

•Wikipedia: “**Carbogen** was once used in psychology and psychedelic psychotherapy to determine whether a patient would react to an altered state of consciousness or to a sensation of loss of control. Individuals who reacted especially negatively to carbogen were generally not administered other psychotherapeutic drugs for fear of similar reactions. **Meduna** administered carbogen to his patients to induce abreaction, which, with proper preparation and administration, he found could help clients become free of their neuroses. Carbogen users are said to have discovered unconscious contents of their minds, with the experience clearing away repressed material and freeing the subject for a smoother, more profound psychedelic experience.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbogen

•Meduna, Ladislas J. (1950). Carbon dioxide therapy: A neurophysiological treatment of nervous disorders. Charles C. Thomas Publishing.
“– Over the four and a half years you did this work, how many subjects did you work with, and how many sessions did they have?
‘There were 350 people, and mostly they just had one session each. Some had two, and then a few had psilocybin follow-ups. We primarily used LSD and mescaline. Especially with alcoholics, we felt that mescaline helped them break down their resistances and go deeper inside.’
– What was the purpose with using Meduna’s mixture during this research?
‘People would visit the therapist and review their autobiography. Then we would administer carbogen: Meduna’s mixture of carbon dioxide and oxygen. We usually gave them about three inhalations. They’d have an inhalation, share what they experienced, and then they’d have another one. It usually took about two or three. One woman I worked with personally, a nurse, said she got as much out of the two preparatory sessions as she got out of the LSD experience. And she had a great LSD experience. I once claimed that if I ever had to go back to work, I could make a living as a CO2 therapist. I enjoyed doing it, and felt I helped people through it quite well. But after it was all over, I’m not so sure. It’s pretty traumatic. I worked for two years with it myself, with a physician friend, and had a lot of tremendous experiences. But he stopped working with me because he said, “Myron, we’re just recycling.” I’d have a great experience, a good discharge, a lot of anger and stuff, and feel really wonderful for several days. Then I’d begin to load up again. We did this once a week. Myron Stolaroff 57 I’d have another discharge and feel great, and then I’d be back sort of in the same place. After a couple of years, he said, “Myron, we’re not getting anywhere.” If I could remember everything that happened in those experiences, I’d be the smartest man in the world. But they fade, the CO2 experiences usually fade rapidly. However, a few of them really stuck and were very significant.’
– What was the purpose of that as an introduction to the LSD?
‘There were several. First, it taught people how to let go to the experience. Second, it was a great abreactor or emotional releaser. If you have repressed stuff, when that CO2 hits you, it really releases. People experience unconscious material for the first time in their life. It’s strange, but you talk about the unconscious and you read about it, and then you think you know what it is. But you can’t know what’s unconscious. By definition, it’s unconscious! So people are always shocked when real unconscious material comes up, and a lot of unconscious material came up in these preparatory sessions. This made people realize how much more there was to be learned and gained. It gave them a lot of enthusiasm for the subsequent LSD session, because they often felt a lot better after abreacting. So it had a number of advantages as a preparation. Sometimes when people were psychologically ‘stuck’ in LSD sessions, we’d bring in the carbogen tank. It would only take a few breaths while on LSD to break through a barrier. We didn’t do that very often, because we preferred that the individual work through any psychological obstacles that came up. But every once in a while it seemed to be very helpful to push a person through.”

•Holotropic Breathing (Dr. Stanislav Grof) http://youtu.be/qCzG9QsM-Pw]
Spellbreaking is the better part of alchemy, extraction, and the art of undoing—but a cocksure kind of lovingkindness, a clockwork clock, works time.

Nakhig lo shulun, Sharuku! Gorz nash!
“Where is your master? Where is he?”
Mig shâ zog... Undagush! Nakh
Atigat iuk no lighav wizard...

benzyme
#13 Posted : 5/18/2021 2:37:21 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Quote:
It has been found to act as an atypical agonist of the μ-opioid receptor

this is why it's been banned, high potential for abuse. Ki for μ is around 90 nM.
If you stick to the 12.5 mg doses, you'd be fine...but people take over seven times that amount to experience opioid-induced euphoria.

I'm all too familiar with tianeptine (discovered it on Hedweb in 2001), it's nothing you'd want to dabble with. Mood swings, insomnia, and hot flashes. like kratom, but even worse.
It's been around as a pharmaceutical (Stablon) in europe for over 50 years, manufactured by Servier.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck