We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Miscibility of acetone in multi solvent solution? Options

Bisy
#1 Posted : 3/19/2021 8:23:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I looked around a little bit, but my chemistry knowledge is still too new to even know how to phrase a question..
Miscibility charts list acetone as missile with everything, but fasa teks say you can use water to clean your nps of acetone. What does this mean?
Everything i say is fictional, I just wanna be cool and fit in.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 3/19/2021 8:42:52 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This means acetone dissolves into the water so you can wash it out of your nps. You can also salt acetone out of water to a certain extent.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Loveall
#3 Posted : 3/19/2021 8:43:32 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Acetone goes into both water and naphtha. Since you start with clean water, the overall effect is removal of some acetone from the naphtha each time you add water and separate, espeically if the partion coefficient is skewed towards water. After a few times there will be very little left.

This video has a lot more details if you are interested. We can answer questions here. Ternary diagrams are all over the nexus. For example, naphtha, acetone, and fumaric acid have their own triangle - the key thing about it is that they stay in a single phase when adding FASA to naptha.

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Bisy
#4 Posted : 3/20/2021 12:21:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you. I ask because of the extreme solubility of FB spice in acetone. There must be more ways to utilize it outside of fasa. For instance, could it be mixed with naphtha to be more effective during pulls and then washed out with sodium carb water prior to freeze precip? Does this sound like im thinking in the right direction?

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 3/20/2021 2:31:09 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

By all means experiment but the acetone will likely pull freebase with it into the water. Also, acetone is considerably less soluble in basic water - as previously mentioned - so acetone separates from sodium carbonate solution. Furthermore, acetone will decrease the solubility of sodium carbonate in water, so if the sodium carbonate solution is near saturation it will start to crystallise. At some point you might end up with four phases as I did when playing around with aqueous isopropanol, DMT freebase and sodium carbonate some years ago.

And finally, even a trace of acetone will prevent freeze precipitation because of the extreme solubility of FB in acetone that you mention.

As a footnote, even quite dilute solutions of acetone can be surprisingly flammable.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Bisy
#6 Posted : 3/21/2021 7:34:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The video that loveall posted for me was a bit over my head, but I think what I got from it was that in a multiphase solution(correct terminology?) The solubility of acetone will favor one of the phases, or solvents. Is this correct?

Loveall
#7 Posted : 3/21/2021 11:13:11 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Bisy, I believe Benzyme has used acetone and NaOH water only. Water/NaOH/Acetone separates well (that Gibbs triangle is in the thread). You can also read the attached paper, it is the best one I know of talking about ionic water/acetone separation.

What part of the video was over you head? If you are interested in this topic, I recommend you read up on Gibbs triangles (e.g wikipedia). It is not a complicated topic, but you do need to sit with it and go trough it slowly.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚