We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
What it means to be The God Options

Exitwound
#1 Posted : 3/18/2021 5:19:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just some current thoughts, regarding cosmology and theory of universe in general Very happy

My postulates and line of thoughts:
- The universe is mental, product of God Mind
- God is experiencing itself and all possible vibrations exist
- Duality exists to support the Material Dimension
- In order to experience purse bliss, one might be able to experience pure terror
- Therefore God has to be simultaneously in all states from minus infinity to plus infinity
- To be God Mind means to be simultaneously in the best trip possible and in the worst trip possible multiplied by infinity

Outcomes:

- Our reality is somewhere in the middle and we are able to travel both ways through psychedelics, or traditional and new spiritual practices (meditation, yogas, breathing techniques)

It just makes too much sense to me, am I delusional?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ramma
#2 Posted : 3/18/2021 6:13:02 PM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This is termed the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his assertion, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief.

Why is that?

Because it lies beyond range.

Living in sensuality founded upon these 5 sense spheres, we experience multiplicity. Cutting off sensuality, we experience singleness (singularity.) In what world you live, weither that of the Gods and angels, or of demons and ghosts, is dependant on mind state.
Behold, a sower went out to sow

Seeingisbelieving
#3 Posted : 3/18/2021 6:37:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What happens when our brain dies, subsequently decays and stops sending and receiving electrical signals? Does your theory only make sense if we are considered "God" only while we are alive or do we remain "god" after death? Do I continue "tripping" after death and DECAY or do I start experiencing through the "eyes" of an atom or subatomic particles? Do I get reincarnated as suggested by some? Does my awareness shift to the awareness of some other being? If you have answers to these questions I would indeed say you are using your imagination.Big grin You could look into Ian Stevensons research though but I would like it known that the brain is processing information and using that information to make decisions without "your awareness". I'd let that sink in for a bit.

Jees
#4 Posted : 3/18/2021 7:02:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

An anesthesist Dr. Stuart Hamerhoff pondered about the fact that he could manipulate the consciousness of a person as if he could switch a soul on and off. It forced him to re-think what consciousness is all about, he came to questionable ideas but at least he got to thinking out of the box.

Tomtegubbe
#5 Posted : 3/18/2021 9:17:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It has given me great comfort to think that I exist in God and my consciousness is of God. Like I'm a cell in God's body. Idea is similar to what apostle Paul says that believers are the body of Christ.

This has become less of a philosophical conundrum and more an experimental reality.

Best theology is applied theology 🙂
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Ramma
#6 Posted : 3/18/2021 11:15:43 PM

Tomtegubble, great point. I hate calling any of this Theology, Science, and Philosophy. They all apply, but I feel like I lose the sway of my argument cause Im lending authority to these words, as if it mattered, and playing into peoples game, the game of only believing what is accepted (nothing is true, everything is permited.) These conversations from the micro to the macro, observing the universe as it is, is all based on observation. Observation is undeniable. Deep thinkers even surpass this level and begin to see beyond appearences--this can se be understood as the art of interpreting observation--and trying to get it right-- since nothing is as it appears...hard to fathom is the phenomena, complex and interdependant, as deep as the vast ocean.

But I dont have time for people who dont understand basic obsveration, the inability to just see we are spinning on a planet, that this is very weird and uncanny in and of itself, there for all to see, in the open.

thanks

Mitakuye Oyasin
#7 Posted : 3/18/2021 11:53:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound, some reading to consider:
"The Kybalion: A Study of The Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece" by The Three Initiates
"Programming and Metaprogramming in the Human Biocomputer" by John C. Lilly
"Simulations of God: The Science of Belief" by John C. Lilly
"Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen LaBerge Ph.D (plus his other work on Lucid Dreaming

The Seven Hermetic Principles are laid out in the Kybalion:

1. The principle of mentalism
"The All is Mind; the Universe is Mental."

2. The principle of correspondence
"As above, so below; as below, so above.” [...] This principle embodies the truth that there is always a correspondence between the laws and phenomena of the various planes of being and life.

3. The principle of vibration
"Nothing rests; everything moves; everything vibrates."

4. The principle of polarity
"Everything is dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled."

5. The principle of rhythm
"Everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates."

6. The principle of cause and effect
"Every cause has its effect; every effect has its cause; everything happens according to law; chance is but a name for law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the law."

7. The principle of gender
"Gender is in everything; everything has its masculine and feminine principles; gender manifests on all planes."

Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Exitwound
#8 Posted : 3/19/2021 6:29:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
What happens when our brain dies, subsequently decays and stops sending and receiving electrical signals? Does your theory only make sense if we are considered "God" only while we are alive or do we remain "god" after death? Do I continue "tripping" after death and DECAY or do I start experiencing through the "eyes" of an atom or subatomic particles? Do I get reincarnated as suggested by some? Does my awareness shift to the awareness of some other being? If you have answers to these questions I would indeed say you are using your imagination.Big grin You could look into Ian Stevensons research though but I would like it known that the brain is processing information and using that information to make decisions without "your awareness". I'd let that sink in for a bit.

This is what I think happens, take with a pinch of salt Smile
When our brain dies, we disconnect from this meatsuit and reconnect elsewhere. How/where/what - this is very unclear, but there are many sound theories.

Our brain is what we associate with most of our life - contains our persona, it of course stays here and decays. But it's wrong to associate with brain and meatstuit. The Awareness never fades. Follow the logic: if awareness fades, there is nothingness. But try thinking about nothingness, and suddenly everything appears, since there is a thinker who thinks about nothingness, therefore there can't be true nothingness. Nothingness in itself doesn't make any sense because there is no thinker to think about it, hence out of nothingness everythingness is born. That's why I think awareness never fades.

I think John C Lilly has put his thoughts very elegantly towards "The Center of the Cyclone" - on our level we are a lot of "egos", but we also have a soul. Soul is connected to ego. On the higher vibrational level, all souls are interconnected and have a hyper-soul (galactic scale?), and such hierarchy continues, until reaching God the Ultimate Hypercomputer.

And that's why it feels so intense, when you reach higher vibrations. You simultaneously connect to more and more streams of conscious vibrations and meatsuit can't process this much, it is beyond it's limits.

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:

Exitwound, some reading to consider:
"The Kybalion: A Study of The Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece" by The Three Initiates
"Programming and Metaprogramming in the Human Biocomputer" by John C. Lilly
"Simulations of God: The Science of Belief" by John C. Lilly
"Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen LaBerge Ph.D (plus his other work on Lucid Dreaming

I have read some "Kybalion" and "The center of cyclone" by Lilly, rest I have on my reading list, but thank you, you get where I am coming from Smile It's just a mind-blowing realisation, a little bit empahy for the galactic mind and I feel sorry and happy for God at the same moment, and thankful that currently I'm just a little light in a material world.

No wonder one finds waters of neutral/middle vibrations the most comfortable to navigate.

Ramma wrote:

Living in sensuality founded upon these 5 sense spheres, we experience multiplicity. Cutting off sensuality, we experience singleness (singularity.) In what world you live, weither that of the Gods and angels, or of demons and ghosts, is dependant on mind state.

Exactly, mind state = your baseline vibrational frequency. Your ego subprograms (demons ghosts)- interfering vibrations, and there are also programs from collective egos (gods, arch-demons) - you are just a relatively small waveform, trying to maintain it's stability in universe infinite.

Exitwound
#9 Posted : 3/19/2021 8:02:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Btw, I find that out of 7 Hermetic Principles, 3 are truely basic and other 4 just come out as result of first 3.
Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:

1. The principle of mentalism
"The All is Mind; the Universe is Mental."

2. The principle of correspondence
"As above, so below; as below, so above.” [...] This principle embodies the truth that there is always a correspondence between the laws and phenomena of the various planes of being and life.

3. The principle of vibration
"Nothing rests; everything moves; everything vibrates."

These are basic ones and one can not argue with them, if one had any significant transcendental experiences themselves.

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:

4. The principle of polarity
"Everything is dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled."

Vibration (#3) implies not resting in one state, more than one state implies polarities between which the oscillation happens.

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:

5. The principle of rhythm
"Everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates."

This is modulation of Vibration (#3). Diferent modulas of basic carrier waves are formind greater tides and pendulums when resonating. Just as the smallest mote of creation is a wave, so is heartbeat of The Universe.

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:

6. The principle of cause and effect
"Every cause has its effect; every effect has its cause; everything happens according to law; chance is but a name for law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the law."

This is tricky, but I think Vibration (#3) implies this too. Since ocillation impliese precedence, you have to be in one state first and then move into other. Determinism in cause-effect is what allows vibration to be vibration and not chaotic motion.

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:

7. The principle of gender
"Gender is in everything; everything has its masculine and feminine principles; gender manifests on all planes."

I think that Gender is implied by Polarity (#4) and preceded by Vibration (#3). What is Gender, but a value on a polar scale?

I know this might sound like preaching and nonsensical philosophy to some, but it makes all too much sense to me right now. Like I'm disassembling and reassembling multiple puzzle pieces which belong to many different puzzles, but miraculously are fitting together always forming a different puzzle solutions.
The funniest part? All of them are correct! Very happy

Seeingisbelieving
#10 Posted : 3/19/2021 4:28:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's no harm in speculation. Are you familiar with what happens to your awareness under general anesthesia?

That article would explain why some people are reporting nde, obe and other spiritual phenomenon under anesthetics. Brain activity is not ceased even after dying . So theoretically awareness (in a dream state) could continue for short periods after death. I think the knowledge contained in The Tibetan Book of the Dead exemplifies this beautifully.

I still think it un wise to assume awareness continues after death though and believe that you should take full advantage of the life you were blessed with now. Just my 2 cents.

Exitwound
#11 Posted : 3/19/2021 8:02:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
There's no harm in speculation. Are you familiar with what happens to your awareness under general anesthesia?

That article would explain why some people are reporting nde, obe and other spiritual phenomenon under anesthetics. Brain activity is not ceased even after dying . So theoretically awareness (in a dream state) could continue for short periods after death. I think the knowledge contained in The Tibetan Book of the Dead exemplifies this beautifully.

I still think it un wise to assume awareness continues after death though and believe that you should take full advantage of the life you were blessed with now. Just my 2 cents.

I think most of us here know of effects of general anesthetics from own experiences Smile

Tibetan Book of the dead you bring as an example speaks directly that from the first pages that the awareness never fades, the afterlife challenges and the cycle of rebirth.

Ever been on a DMT trip so grand that you can't remember a nanosecond of it? That's because brain hardware doesn't have capacity to memorize certain high-vibrational dimensions (both negative and positive).

Seeingisbelieving
#12 Posted : 3/19/2021 8:34:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Our conversation was definitely enlightening! I'm glad you shared your views with me but I'm not going to pretend that I understand where you are going with all this. Stay trippy exitwound...Cool

ps I know what you are talking about when not remembering dmt trips. This happens during dreams as well. Are you interested in science at all Exitwound?

Ramma
#13 Posted : 3/20/2021 3:04:43 AM

Something amazing I noted early on was that DMT acted as the most powerful anaesthetic. Anyone ever get this effect?

Exitwound
#14 Posted : 3/20/2021 8:25:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
Our conversation was definitely enlightening! I'm glad you shared your views with me but I'm not going to pretend that I understand where you are going with all this. Stay trippy exitwound...Cool

ps I know what you are talking about when not remembering dmt trips. This happens during dreams as well. Are you interested in science at all Exitwound?

I'm a physicist by education and I am very interested in science Smile I think science is one of the best tools for improving our collective quality of life so far.

I don't know where I am going exactly as well with all this either yet, I guess I'm on the path right now and there is no map for it, everyone should draw their own Smile
I know a lot of it doesn't make sense for many people, and may sound as a crazy "woo-woo" talk, but at the same time I believe it does make some sense for other many people.

Seeingisbelieving
#15 Posted : 3/20/2021 5:42:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah everything makes sense now! I just had to read it through again. You are saying that the higher vibrational state that our minds go through on psychdelics is what accounts for the experience of god? Did you know that our brains are in a delta wave state after using dmt. These waves are actually considered low frequency.

I have a very basic understanding of physics so I'm sure your ideas make a whole lot more sense to you. (I've read a few books each concerning quantum mechanics, chaos theory and am currently going to trade school for HVAC (heating and air conditioning because I want to build bio domes for plant life Smile)

Have you read "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot? I think you would truly love that book.

Seeingisbelieving
#16 Posted : 3/20/2021 6:01:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ramma wrote:
Tomtegubble, great point. I hate calling any of this Theology, Science, and Philosophy. They all apply, but I feel like I lose the sway of my argument cause Im lending authority to these words, as if it mattered, and playing into peoples game, the game of only believing what is accepted (nothing is true, everything is permited.) These conversations from the micro to the macro, observing the universe as it is, is all based on observation. Observation is undeniable. Deep thinkers even surpass this level and begin to see beyond appearences--this can se be understood as the art of interpreting observation--and trying to get it right-- since nothing is as it appears...hard to fathom is the phenomena, complex and interdependant, as deep as the vast ocean.

But I dont have time for people who dont understand basic obsveration, the inability to just see we are spinning on a planet, that this is very weird and uncanny in and of itself, there for all to see, in the open.

thanks

I suggest reading "The demon haunted world" and "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan. This website will allow you to download both books for free. I'd lend you my astronomy textbooks but I had to pay a couple hundred bucks for them Smile

dragonrider
#17 Posted : 3/20/2021 7:35:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
Ah everything makes sense now! I just had to read it through again. You are saying that the higher vibrational state that our minds go through on psychdelics is what accounts for the experience of god? Did you know that our brains are in a delta wave state after using dmt. These waves are actually considered low frequency.

I have a very basic understanding of physics so I'm sure your ideas make a whole lot more sense to you. (I've read a few books each concerning quantum mechanics, chaos theory and am currently going to trade school for HVAC (heating and air conditioning because I want to build bio domes for plant life Smile)

Have you read "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot? I think you would truly love that book.

But the brains also produces a lot of gamma waves during the psychedelic experience as well as dreaming. These are very high frequency waves.

They can also be achieved through very deep meditation, where brainwave frequencies are initially being lowered.

What is typical of both delta and gamma, is that they are highly synchronized.

Seeingisbelieving
#18 Posted : 3/20/2021 8:10:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Seeingisbelieving wrote:

But the brains also produces a lot of gamma waves during the psychedelic experience as well as dreaming. These are very high frequency waves.

They can also be achieved through very deep meditation, where brainwave frequencies are initially being lowered.

What is typical of both delta and gamma, is that they are highly synchronized.

Thanks for the tidbit dragonrider! (eragon reference?) Experiencing delta, gamma(waking state) theta and delta waves(dream state) simultaneously implies that we are experiencing a waking dream state during the psychedelic experience. The disorganization that they are seeing in the default mode network is also showing researchers how and why we are experiencing unity and oneness on these substances. I am very curious why some in the academic community are referring to this unitive state as a primitive one. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Ramma
#19 Posted : 3/21/2021 1:12:03 AM

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
Ramma wrote:

thanks

I suggest reading "The demon haunted world" and "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan. This website will allow you to download both books for free. I'd lend you my astronomy textbooks but I had to pay a couple hundred bucks for them Smile

Not my favorite readings, but they are good. Contact was amazing though, Pale Blue Dot was OK too. Well if you ever need to get rid of your astronomy text books you know who to contact Smile

Curated_Thinking
#20 Posted : 3/21/2021 10:00:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First off, if anyone is religious in some way, don't get all tight at what I wrote. Don't take it personally.

I think our "reality," as in this world, I think it's just half of what reality is. On these topics we get a lot of theories like the multiverse theory. Even if there is a multiverse, it's still only makes one universe. Universe is everything that exists. In Jamaica the coat of arms motto says "Out of Many, One People." Same thing going on with that theory.

As for what it means to be god? The problem with answering that questions is the meaning of god. What I've been trying to let impact me less is the meaning of words themselves. Because language is a barrier. We say god, but what exactly does that mean? All powerful, creator of everything, supernatural abilities? I've adopted this was of thinking because of how other people's life experiences, understandings, or religious upbringing affect their judgements. With DMT, reading and watching videos of trip reports you can't help but build expectations or fears. You don't go in clean, and how can we? Starting out we know nothing. The only reason we even find this stuff is because of the things we've heard.

I think if one we're to meet god, it'd be the most one sided Q&A ever.
"How did you create the universe?"
"I just did it."

That may be how that conversation goes.

One of my older sisters for whatever reason is drawn to conspiracies, one of which is that the bible is encoded, which a lot of people believe. If it were I think it all doesn't matter after the first line.
Quote:
In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth.[
Change that to "In the beginning I created the Heavens and the Earth." Everything else becomes irrelevant after that. How I came to that conclusion was wondering how different the bible would read as a diary/journal. Personalize all the bits that have to deal with any party of the trinity and that's it. Would anyone really need to know anything after that first statement? It's like learning 1+1=2. Once you've learned something that's true, all other information becomes irrelevant. The truth about anything is the only real information anyone needs. There's nothing else that needs to be said
or discussed afterwards. All that being said I'm not religious, but I can't help falling back on the christianity because it's what I grew up with as a kid. Sometimes literally beaten into me. Overall most of my time being in church was against my will.

I don't know if the universe is infinite, but existence may be. I think existence may be as big as the mind, meaning we simply cannot measure its size or potential. Look at people what some of our species have used their minds for, great and terrible things. What it means to be god me is to carry on always which is what consciousness does. Maybe not them mind because I view that as separate. I'm of the thought the mind serves the body and vice versa, but becomes unnecessary once the body is gone. The mind is the operating system of the brain, half anyway, the other is subconscious. We need it to navigate and survive the physical world. Without a body to care for and nourish, what good is the active mind, all I think a "person" would need is consciousness.
CURATED_THINKING wrote:
IF ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, THEN WHAT IS A CONTRADICTION?

I HOPE AT THE END ON MY LIFE MORE GOOD WAS DONE THAN HARM BECAUSE OF THE LIFE I LIVED. I HOPE I ALTERED THE COURSE OF SOMETHING WHICH LEAD TO A GREATNESS OR WONDER THAT OTHERWISE WOULD NOT BE. I WANT WHAT WE ALL WANT, TO KNOW I WAS WORTH IT.

12NEXT