We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT-assisted therapy for depression, in the UK news Options

downwardsfromzero
#1 Posted : 3/15/2021 6:12:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Old news but heard it mentioned (recycled?) on the BBC radio news today:
Original BBC article

(News'paper' articles)
https://www.theguardian....n-uk-to-treat-depression
https://www.independent....tal-health-b1769408.html
https://www.nottinghampo...c-drug-dmt-could-5175241

Curious how the chronology is off - but journalists can be pretty lazy.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 3/15/2021 6:14:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Old news but heard it mentioned (recycled?) on the BBC radio news today:
Original BBC article

(News'paper' articles)
https://www.theguardian....n-uk-to-treat-depression
https://www.independent....tal-health-b1769408.html
https://www.nottinghampo...c-drug-dmt-could-5175241

Curious how the chronology is off - but journalists can be pretty lazy.

Old or not, thank you, cuz I may not have been aware of these if it hadn't been for you.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Seeingisbelieving
#3 Posted : 3/18/2021 2:31:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anybody know the doses they are using and considering to be the most therapeutic?

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 3/19/2021 10:54:57 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
Does anybody know the doses they are using and considering to be the most therapeutic?
Maybe ask them? This information might only be released once the trial is completed.
https://www.smallpharma.co.uk/
https://www.smallpharma.co.uk/team
https://www.smallpharma....nical-trials#contact-spl

https://psychedelicspotl...l-trials-dmt-depression/

It has "psychedelic capitalism" smeared all over it.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Seeingisbelieving
#5 Posted : 3/19/2021 11:56:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of capitalism either but am interested to see what happens when a broader category of people are using the substance.
Thanks for the links by the way. I just emailed them and we'll see if I get a response.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 3/20/2021 9:42:35 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It'll be great to hear of any information they might give you in reply, Sib.

skoobysnax
#7 Posted : 3/25/2021 12:19:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If one gets the placebo it will be fairly obvious lol. I wonder if/when they will decide to also add an maoi inhibitor to give it some working time. Low dose dmt always does better for me with this. Otherwise it can be a bit dysphoric if I don't hit the sweet spot IMHO.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Seeingisbelieving
#8 Posted : 3/30/2021 6:02:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the email I received back when I inquired about the doses.

Thank you for your interest in our research.

Unfortunately, due to confidentiality concerns, I am unable to reveal the precise dosages used in our clinical trials. However, I can tell you that we are currently trialling 4 different dose levels using our own administration method.

The outcome of this trial will reveal which dose is best suited for the purpose of our trial. We are aiming for a dose that will create a full psychedelic experience (vs. a sub-psychedelic level), as scored on a range of psychological questionnaires and physiological measures.

I hope this helps,
Thank you
Agathe

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 3/30/2021 6:16:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
This is the email I received back when I inquired about the doses.

Thank you for your interest in our research.

Unfortunately, due to confidentiality concerns, I am unable to reveal the precise dosages used in our clinical trials. However, I can tell you that we are currently trialling 4 different dose levels using our own administration method.

The outcome of this trial will reveal which dose is best suited for the purpose of our trial. We are aiming for a dose that will create a full psychedelic experience (vs. a sub-psychedelic level), as scored on a range of psychological questionnaires and physiological measures.

I hope this helps,
Thank you
Agathe

Way to go bud. Thanks for doing that for all of us. While not definitive, it gives a murky idea of what they're up to in these trials.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ShamanisticVibes
#10 Posted : 3/30/2021 11:26:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is wonderful that there are real experiments going on the find out the benefits of using DMT for these purposes. I know that in my experiences, I have used both DMT and Psilocybes to combat my own depression and anxiety, as well as work through trauma(s). Thanks for posting! I am interested to see where these studies take us!
May we continue to be blessed

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 4/1/2021 7:24:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks for finding out what you could, SiB. Did you ask if they have heard of the DMT Nexus - or perhaps even made use of it in developing their research?

I suppose, to say something positive, they will at least be replicating the dosage studies performed by Strassman those decades ago. Presumably the next stage will be evaluation of the psychological benefit of whatever turns out to be "a full psychedelic experience (vs. a sub-psychedelic level), as scored on a range of psychological questionnaires and physiological measures".

It does make me wonder to what degree the researchers are themselves experienced.

These are studies performed with the intention of developing a profit-based model of use, hence the confidentiality 'concerns'.

Seeingisbelieving
#12 Posted : 4/1/2021 8:07:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, I used my real name and real email address and do not want to be connected back to this website and I know that it would not be too hard to find my identity. I asked only because I am interested in a therapeutic/psychedelic combination for personal reasons.

The beckley foundation is funding a lot of these studies out of London. Do a little background reading on Amanda Fielding and you may understand a little bit more about why these substances are being linked to helping others with mental health issues. (she has mental health issues herself)

I'm sure they'll start low and raise the doses gradually and do follow up interviews regularly to find out if patients depression is reduced. I'm sure this will be similar to the psilocybin studies recently published. I'm all for people changing their minds and realizing that these substances can be used for a variety of purposes not explicitly related to mental health.

I think that limiting psychedelic use to the mental health field is unwise and unrealistic...That's why I grow my own Smile

Voidmatrix
#13 Posted : 4/1/2021 8:24:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seeingisbelieving wrote:

I think that limiting psychedelic use to the mental health field is unwise and unrealistic...That's why I grow my own Smile

I tend to agree (and well said Seeingisbelieving) . While one of my intentions behind psychedelic use is focused on improving mental health, I can't help but notice the plethora of other utility that I find in said use.

One love

Tomtegubbe
#14 Posted : 4/2/2021 6:20:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Seeingisbelieving wrote:

I tend to agree (and well said Seeingisbelieving) . While one of my intentions behind psychedelic use is focused on improving mental health, I can't help but notice the plethora of other utility that I find in said use.

One love
The concept of mental health is often narrow in psychiatry. Psychedelics can take you on a spiritual path where you stop to think to think who you are and what you should seek in life. This is quite opposite to just curing depressive symptoms allowing you to continue life just like before.

Researches will most likely understand this at some point if they observe the data carefully, like they did in the psilocybin studies for the terminally ill cancer patients. However, this requires a paradigm shift in mental healthcare and it won't come overnight.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Voidmatrix
#15 Posted : 4/3/2021 4:46:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
Seeingisbelieving wrote:

One love
The concept of mental health is often narrow in psychiatry. Psychedelics can take you on a spiritual path where you stop to think to think who you are and what you should seek in life. This is quite opposite to just curing depressive symptoms allowing you to continue life just like before.

Researches will most likely understand this at some point if they observe the data carefully, like they did in the psilocybin studies for the terminally ill cancer patients. However, this requires a paradigm shift in mental healthcare and it won't come overnight.

Painfully narrow. And most don't need to function as they did, but better than they did and being pigeonholed into a certain degree of psychological conformity may be more detrimental than beneficial in many ways.

It helped me at an important and necessary juncture in my life. But it was also too limiting to what I was aware I needed. I'm glad that I got the help, as it's aided me substantially, and is used in conjunction with my psychedelic endeavors that impact everything else that's important to me.

There's a psychiatric utility, but also spiritual, philosophic, creative, introspective, balancing, mind expanding (and bending/breaking lol), transcendent/enlightening, grounding/balancing utility as well. And some of those others are way more interesting and integral to me personally.

One love

Tomtegubbe
#16 Posted : 4/3/2021 6:19:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:

There's a psychiatric utility, but also spiritual, philosophic, creative, introspective, balancing, mind expanding (and bending/breaking lol), transcendent/enlightening, grounding/balancing utility as well. And some of those others are way more interesting and integral to me personally.

This is a very good point. Besides healing from traumas, it's perfectly legitimate to seek experiences and form habits that not only reduce suffering but actually make your life richer and more positive.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Ramma
#17 Posted : 4/4/2021 2:25:35 AM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

some things are hillarious to me, like "Secular buddhism" or "psychiatry"
Behold, a sower went out to sow

Ramma
#18 Posted : 4/4/2021 4:50:44 AM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

Voidmatrix wrote:
While one of my intentions behind psychedelic use is focused on improving mental health, I can't help but notice the plethora of other utility that I find in said use.

One love

DMT is the philosophers stone. It can do anything. If you are hungry it can turn into food.
Behold, a sower went out to sow

Voidmatrix
#19 Posted : 4/9/2021 6:07:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ramma wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
While one of my intentions behind psychedelic use is focused on improving mental health, I can't help but notice the plethora of other utility that I find in said use.

One love

DMT is the philosophers stone. It can do anything. If you are hungry it can turn into food.

Philosopher's stone it isSmile. Beautifully appropriate term. Love

One love

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 4/10/2021 9:31:13 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Whatever it is, I wish them every success with their investigation.

While I still struggle to see how a substance as paradigm-shattering as DMT can be made to fit into the existing white coat health paradigm, well, hats off to them if they manage to change that paradigm.

I do wonder who will end up benefiting from the application of this therapy, and in what way.