We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Highly recommended for water baths Options

AiL762
#1 Posted : 3/12/2021 7:10:43 PM

\-= Conquer Your Fears =-/

So this just going to be quick. I recommend picking up a sous vide.

Essentially can keep it at a perfect temp of your choosing. I tried a few temp ranges but my latest has been incredible results.

I set to 132F. Barely picked up any fats. Once I felt I had enough extractions, I left it sitting for a few weeks turned off in a closet. I just attempted yesterday bumping the temp up to 145F to see if maybe the 132F was too low, but nope. All I got at this point was fats.

Plus, I'd recommend owning one for cooking food anyways. Look into them. Just be careful with bad glassware or whatever you have the soup in. On my first attempts container I was using cracked and the soup ruined the temp sensor.

Pic is of some of the yield how it came out at 132F with no clean up. Just did 1 simple naptha wash for cleanup afterwards and I was done for my liking.

Cheers everyone. Much love.

Edit:
Also extraction I use is Cybs.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ybrid_ATB_%27Salt%27_Tek
AiL762 attached the following image(s):
20210217_141616.jpg (3,529kb) downloaded 145 time(s).
20210223_124922.jpg (2,348kb) downloaded 145 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

grimlid
#2 Posted : 3/13/2021 3:47:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Second on the approval of this device. I sent my crock pot to goodwill.
I am working at 40c (105f) and finding my yields are up a few points and my quality is through the roof. Currently having best success with heptane at 40c.
I am saving my old lye soups for later after they are spent with the plans to extract at higher temps and different NPS. perhaps some jimjam some day.
Im new to this so I hope the device doesnt die on me in short order. using a pot with about 3 gallon capacity as a water bath.
Cheers
"I think; therefore I might be."

AiL762
#3 Posted : 3/14/2021 4:55:33 AM

\-= Conquer Your Fears =-/

Wow I would've never thought going so low would work. Extremely curious to find what's the exact sweet spot. Feel different teks and possibly bark might fluctuate that temp though. Maybe we can get a research group going for it.

As for how long they last, my best example for that is one of my best friends is a fine dining chef and so they use theirs everyday for extended periods of time and much higher Temps. He's the one who told me about sous vide years back and his is still going strong.

Granted I bought a cheap one for extracting so idk if it can cut it, but my cooking one I would use at 180F for multiple days straight cooking oxtail, ribs, etc. I use it multiple times a week for a couple years now no issues.

grimlid
#4 Posted : 3/14/2021 4:13:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After reading your post I'm going to go to try a higher temp. I've got some powder soaking in acid at the moment. I will post my observations. I'm thinking full pull at 140f which is 60c. I do enjoy the fattier yellow deems.
I was concerned after reading on reddit someone posted a scientific article regarding alkaloid breakdown at 35c and above. Must not be true for mimosa root alkaloids at any rate.
I should have added in my last post, the improvements I observed were when I went from cold pulls to heated pulls at 40 c 104f. my crockpot was mainly for acid soaks. the lack of ability to moderate temp properly was a concern as well as the amount of heat it generated in the outer shell seemed a total safety concern.
"I think; therefore I might be."