We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
caapi leaf tea powder Options

starway7
#1 Posted : 3/9/2021 4:03:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a 4 year old bag of black caapi leaf...that i have made a tea of many times using the leaves..

It doesnt tast that bad to me in tea.. form and has never even made me feel any nauesa at all..

I think this tea is a safer lighter form of a maoi compaired to rues effects....

I have seen different reports on the potency of caapi leaf ..saying basicly the potency depends on leaf quality..

I know that caapi leaf isnt the best tasting tea..but i dont find my tea that bad tasting ..i think it taste better than rue tea..and it has maoi activity

Ive read reports that claimed some higher quality caapi leaf has more Maoi activity than rue?

I did a ...caapi leaf boil on low heat..using only distilled water and a small amount of white vinegar ..

I filtered the tea atleast 5 times using cotton balls and coffie filters..

After this i reduced the tea down to a thick syrup...then alowed to dry for over 24 hours ..

The result was it dryed down into a nice smelling reddish brown tea powder that will return to a syrup by simply adding water ..

This reduction to a powder may be good for people who dont want to drink the tea...by simply filling capsuls with the powder for oral use...

I plan to capsulize this powder and dropper spice tincture into it and try it orally..

I really dont expect this to work orally in lower doses ...but as an test its worth a try...

I do think the powder can be put on top of a bowl of spice and vaped or smoked with noticable effects...

Using the tea powder on top of a bowl of spice prevents inhaleing more combusted leaf material ..because its only the extract from the leaf...not the leaf...

I think this method should work with rue seed the same way....

starway7 attached the following image(s):
DSC09756.JPG (3,021kb) downloaded 139 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

starway7
#2 Posted : 3/9/2021 4:15:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

more photos..
DSC09733.JPG (2,774kb) downloaded 137 time(s).
DSC09734.JPG (2,625kb) downloaded 136 time(s).
DSC09736.JPG (2,794kb) downloaded 135 time(s).
DSC09740.JPG (2,572kb) downloaded 135 time(s).
DSC09745.JPG (2,883kb) downloaded 138 time(s).
DSC09751.JPG (3,071kb) downloaded 135 time(s).
DSC09753.JPG (2,878kb) downloaded 135 time(s).
DSC09756.JPG (3,021kb) downloaded 135 time(s).

starway7
#3 Posted : 3/11/2021 12:08:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So far ive tested the black caapi tea powder

..sublingually...i could feel it but the spice feel was a little rough....lasted 45 minutes

Now today i torched a tiny 0.046 mg pile of the powder
... [only 6 of those tiny scale spoon fulls] in a small water pipe and

i was amazed at how fast i felt the tea powdered caapi effects!...

The light smoke was very smooth ! and tasted earthy and good!... as the powder instantly glowed under the flame... with just a very light amount of potent earthy smelling smoke ..for such a small dose it had a noticable punch to it! ..[it worked better than the sublingual test]

Then 5 minutes later [then after evaporating the grain alcohol].. i vaped a tiny 3 drops of spice tincture and it came strongly but much smoother than the sublingual test!

The spice vapor was even thinner and lighter than the smoked tea powder....

Because of the tea powders effects the spice came on super smooth..without a trace anxiety or panic..it was like it just wraped its arms around me...i was so relaxed and was getting light visuals objects starting to look a little plastic it lasted atleast 35 to 40 minutes...

i would call this a very small dose experiance!

Next test will be oral capsuls..
DSC09757.JPG (2,935kb) downloaded 118 time(s).
DSC09758.JPG (2,605kb) downloaded 118 time(s).

ms_manic_minxx
#4 Posted : 3/11/2021 4:18:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is really interesting, thank you for sharing! How many grams of leaf were you using to make a cup of tea? This has been on my mind recently.

I have used plain Caapi leaf as a base for changa and the experiences have always been smooth, lasting about 30 minutes. Never bothered trying to enhance the power of plain leaf because it always hit the spot.

Do you find the body load increases with stronger doses of smoked MAOI?
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

starway7
#5 Posted : 3/11/2021 2:07:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
This is really interesting, thank you for sharing! How many grams of leaf were you using to make a cup of tea? This has been on my mind recently.

I have used plain Caapi leaf as a base for changa and the experiences have always been smooth, lasting about 30 minutes. Never bothered trying to enhance the power of plain leaf because it always hit the spot.

Do you find the body load increases with stronger doses of smoked MAOI?

[maybe a little]] but i am not in habit of smoking real high doses either..

When i made a simple tea i used an empty tea bag or a metal tea tea ball and simply boil the leaf...

When it comes to quality i think the leaf quality is very important...some caapi leaf is stronger than other caapi leaf species..

I loved the changa experiance when i used to just burn dmt enhanced caapi leaf..

But changa smoking is combusting a lot of leaf material.. and over time thats not healty..

But torching the extract from the leafe puts out much less combusted material and if the leaf is good quality you can get good results!

I forgot to mention that smoked caapi tea powder with spice has the changa signature with the earthy
changa taste smell and effect!...

That small amount of caapi powder was only 74 mgs and upon torching it i felt it very quickly..

Not shure if tea powder can be vaporized or not...if so it would have even strongereffects!

jamie
#6 Posted : 3/11/2021 2:25:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

starway7 wrote:

I think this tea is a safer lighter form of a maoi compaired to rues effects....

Ive read reports that claimed some higher quality caapi leaf has more Maoi activity than rue?

Why do you feel it is safer? Is this in the context of MAOI strength?...or extra alkaloids in peganum?

There is no way caapi leaf is a stronger MAOI than rue, pretty much always. Caapi leaf is pretty weak, and smoking it unextracted tends to produce in most people a low level if any experience compared to the level of smoke.

Claims like this should be suspect. How can 2 grams of vine leaf compare to 2 grams of rue both ingested as a tea? There is no comparison. Rue is many orders of magnitude stronger. Leaf like that would become a thing real fast. A 100g bag could give 25-50 full oral DMT experiences. Almost noone here is going to want to drink over 10g of rue, unless you are into drinking 300g+g of most vine. I have drunk potent vine, but not THAT potent.
Long live the unwoke.

starway7
#7 Posted : 3/11/2021 3:15:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
starway7 wrote:

Why do you feel it is safer? Is this in the context of MAOI strength?...or extra alkaloids in peganum?

There is no way caapi leaf is a stronger MAOI than rue,

[your right!..i made a mistake on that statement...[i meant to say some caapi leaf may be equal or stronger than some caapi VINE! thanks for correction.

pretty much always. Caapi leaf is pretty weak, ..[that depends on the leaf]

and smoking it unextracted tends to produce in most people a low level if any experience compared to the level of smoke.

[the leafe powder i smoked was anything but weak]]

Claims like this should be suspect. How can 2 grams of vine leaf compare to 2 grams of rue both ingested as a tea? There is no comparison. Rue is many orders of magnitude stronger. Leaf like that would become a thing real fast. A 100g bag could give 25-50 full oral DMT experiences.

[but not everyone wants a full blown out experiance]]

Almost no one here is going to want to drink over 10g of rue,

I agree rue is stronger than caapi and a bit more toxic in higher doses..
..[just as cyanide is stronger than asprin...

being stronger doesnt nessesary make it the better choice....

Everyone is different..Its all in what expeiance you want...

You want to get sloppy drunk drink whisky...you just want to mellow out drink beer...

unless you are into drinking 300g+g of most vine. I have drunk potent vine, but not THAT potent.

I think rue is quite potent and visual..ive had rue tea many times ..but im finding the gentleness

of quality caapi leaf quite nice...

starway7
#8 Posted : 3/11/2021 3:57:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is an old add on the type of caapi leaf im using...[black caapi leaf]

its all in the type of leaf used...

[redacted by mod because what was posted can be used to find a vendor; tl;dr this vendor claims the harmala content of said Caapi leaf is higher than that of the vine, by weight]

ShamensStamen
#9 Posted : 3/11/2021 5:46:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How about mixing the Caapi and Rue? Some Caapi leaf on top of a 2 to 2.5 to 3 to 3.5 gram dose of Rue sounds interesting to me.

starway7
#10 Posted : 3/12/2021 4:42:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen wrote:
How about mixing the Caapi and Rue? Some Caapi leaf on top of a 2 to 2.5 to 3 to 3.5 gram dose of Rue sounds interesting to me.

ive never mixed the two...im shure adding rue would add potency...might be a good mix at right doses!