We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Self Healing, How-To Options

kyrolima
#1 Posted : 2/1/2010 8:45:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Nexus,
i recently became very unsatisfied with my life, and felt a huge lack!
Now i discovered Reiki.

I think this works indeed. Even if you are sceptical.
I was very sceptical but i have to say, it worked!

Now i begin my journey to myself trough Reiki.

This is mostly aquired trough self-treatment.
And i hope i have the strength to do it.

Anybody here knows about it or does it?

elusive illusion

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 2/1/2010 8:54:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

just watch out for all the new age nonsence speaking peopel out there that are into this stuff..

I do think there is something to it..but these things are littered with bs as well..I have seen some very strange reiki people out there that didnt seem to be doing anything significant at all when they tried to do it on me...but that was a university reiki clubVery happy
Long live the unwoke.

۩
#3 Posted : 2/1/2010 11:00:21 PM

Reiki is just a fancy word for having a lot of positive energy and love and knowing how to properly cultivate and flow it.

quiksilver98
#4 Posted : 3/13/2010 12:37:48 AM

Mike Tripporty

How did you learn Reiki? Was it from the internet or a teacher??
- - - SWIM is a friend that lives in a place where DMT is legal. I will not disclose his indentity for security purposes- - -

#5 Posted : 3/13/2010 1:01:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A very dear friend of mine got into Reiki. Did a bunch of courses over a few years and now he now teaches it, has a little clinic with a few clients (just enough to pay the rent) and runs sort of self-help workshops. He also gets involved in lots of international aid efforts.

He's a stand up guy, great dad, loves his wife and has many friends. Much happier now than when I first met him. I believe it works, otherwise he wouldn't have kept doing it all these years - he's not prone to bullshit.
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

Capt_Bones
#6 Posted : 4/2/2010 6:21:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have heard the term but lack the knowledge, i am am one who needs to heal thy self.

Please elaborate.. Thanks!
The D M T is in your mind.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 4/2/2010 8:37:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

exercise, eat well, be good to others, cultivate patience and love, be self-critical and humble about your mistakes, be conscious and learn to decode the signals of your body, do productive things like working or studying what you are interested about, travel......... If you dont do these things then any 'healing' will just be temporary at most, and if you do these things, nothing can stop ya Very happy (imho of course)

lyserge
#8 Posted : 4/2/2010 1:37:02 PM

polyfather anomalous

endlessness wrote:
exercise, eat well, be good to others, cultivate patience and love, be self-critical and humble about your mistakes, be conscious and learn to decode the signals of your body, do productive things like working or studying what you are interested about, travel......... If you dont do these things then any 'healing' will just be temporary at most, and if you do these things, nothing can stop ya Very happy (imho of course)

*agreed*.

I've also had a number of notable experiences with "Reiki", which is a Japanese model for "energy healing". I think in some sense most human physical contact - for example, a mom rubbing her child's back to encourage sleep - is a form of Reiki, and if you imagine a white light or water flowing out of your hands into whatever part needs "healing", you'll be well on your way. I'm not formally trained, but I had a very powerful Reiki session after a night-long profound LSD experience, and can certify there's *something* to it, aside from all the bullshit Reiki people who act like it's a science. These sorts of New Age people also talk about chakras as if they're an actual part of the body, as opposed to just a useful metaphor. I think "energy" is best thought of as something metaphorical, though similar concepts appear around the world - Mana in the Pacific islands, Wairua among the Maori, Chi/Ki among Chinese and Japanese, etc.

There's a legitimate organization called Healing Touch International that offers training and certified practitioners, I think what they do is very similar to Reiki, you might look into it.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

ragabr
#9 Posted : 4/2/2010 4:04:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My experience suggests that the metaphor of chakras falls around the same level as the metaphor of electrons.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Capt_Bones
#10 Posted : 4/2/2010 6:05:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lysergify wrote:

*agreed*.

I've also had a number of notable experiences with "Reiki", which is a Japanese model for "energy healing". I think in some sense most human physical contact - for example, a mom rubbing her child's back to encourage sleep - is a form of Reiki, and if you imagine a white light or water flowing out of your hands into whatever part needs "healing", you'll be well on your way. I'm not formally trained, but I had a very powerful Reiki session after a night-long profound LSD experience, and can certify there's *something* to it, aside from all the bullshit Reiki people who act like it's a science. These sorts of New Age people also talk about chakras as if they're an actual part of the body, as opposed to just a useful metaphor. I think "energy" is best thought of as something metaphorical, though similar concepts appear around the world - Mana in the Pacific islands, Wairua among the Maori, Chi/Ki among Chinese and Japanese, etc.

There's a legitimate organization called Healing Touch International that offers training and certified practitioners, I think what they do is very similar to Reiki, you might look into it.

Pretty sure chakras are real...

You can feel them dude

lyserge
#11 Posted : 4/3/2010 1:39:15 AM

polyfather anomalous

ragabr wrote:
My experience suggests that the metaphor of chakras falls around the same level as the metaphor of electrons.

Not sure in what sense you mean this, can you elaborate?
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

۩
#12 Posted : 4/3/2010 2:09:42 AM

Since no one has any idea what they're talking about in regards to the hindu chakra system, which I have studied, I feel compelled to relay this here:

Personally, IMHO, visualizing colors isn't going to do much for you.
Chakras are a system of understanding how we think with certain areas of our body:

The root chakra is where kundalini rests and like a snake it rises upward. Here is where you deal with your place in the world, your community, being grounded and stable, etc.
The sacral chakra is where your creative and sexual energy is stored.
Here you can rise it into your solar plexus where the fight or flight mode thinks for itself. This is the place of balance.
Higher into the heart, where you love
and up to the throat where you express, flow, communicate.
The third eye, ajna, is where you focus withinity,
and sahasrara the crown that opens when all the below is balanced and open. It is white for it is all colors. It is your escape hatch when you've smoked plenty neurotransmitters.
The colors are just a metaphor for the fact that we represent 1 spectrum, and that there are countless ones intersecting above and below.

It's all just a metaphor, just a system, of understanding certain aspects of our body and our consciousness.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=131933#post131933

ragabr
#13 Posted : 4/3/2010 2:19:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll try, lysergify. Basically, the conceptual tool we refer to as an electron allows us to make useful predictions as well as engineer particular results. We've encountered aspects of the electron which appear mutually contradictory while reliable within their particular context. The different energetic centers also allow us to make useful predictions and engineer results. Each point to structural components of the human experience that contain an internal validity.

I guess I simply object to your use of "just" when describing them as metaphors, as if we had experience of anything but metaphors.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Capt_Bones
#14 Posted : 4/3/2010 5:16:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Since no one has any idea what they're talking about in regards to the hindu chakra system, which I have studied, I feel compelled to relay this here:

Personally, IMHO, visualizing colors isn't going to do much for you.
Chakras are a system of understanding how we think with certain areas of our body:

The root chakra is where kundalini rests and like a snake it rises upward. Here is where you deal with your place in the world, your community, being grounded and stable, etc.
The sacral chakra is where your creative and sexual energy is stored.
Here you can rise it into your solar plexus where the fight or flight mode thinks for itself. This is the place of balance.
Higher into the heart, where you love
and up to the throat where you express, flow, communicate.
The third eye, ajna, is where you focus withinity,
and sahasrara the crown that opens when all the below is balanced and open. It is white for it is all colors. It is your escape hatch when you've smoked plenty neurotransmitters.
The colors are just a metaphor for the fact that we represent 1 spectrum, and that there are countless ones intersecting above and below.

It's all just a metaphor, just a system, of understanding certain aspects of our body and our consciousness.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=131933#post131933

Great stuff, but the colors are also that vibrations frequency right? so aligning ourself with the pulse of each would produce that wave length and in turn, color right?

and please elaborate on the crown chakra, i have heard so much random shit, and i used to think it was white, but then in an amazing experience i kept getting the visuals of the 1000 petals but it was like pink. would this maybe have been from my connection of the two extremes (purple and red) because white does make more sense to me, pure raw energy obviously, very pure.
I was in a very lovey / connected mood, could this be that the energy i was spewing out (because the crown is the only outward facing chakra, right?) was a energy of love?

Thank you so much for all your answers. love learning from someone who knows what there talking about instead of random books and internet Very happy

۩
#15 Posted : 4/3/2010 5:20:01 AM

Like I said, the colors are just a metaphor.
blasting out of your crown into hyperspace yields ALL COLORS that LOOK DIFFERENT because they are in a higher octave.

;]

Capt_Bones
#16 Posted : 4/3/2010 5:30:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Like I said, the colors are just a metaphor.
blasting out of your crown into hyperspace yields ALL COLORS that LOOK DIFFERENT because they are in a higher octave.

;]

yeah, sadly i have yet to see the famous "colors that dont exist"
but i wait Smile
and its a fun wait

۩
#17 Posted : 4/3/2010 5:32:47 AM

They exist, just on a higher octave. Thats why everyone says they look different. Another spectrum.....

Capt_Bones
#18 Posted : 4/3/2010 5:52:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
They exist, just on a higher octave. Thats why everyone says they look different. Another spectrum.....

Well yeah, i mean i know they exist, obviously they would have to exist in order for us to perceive them..

but man... i cant wait.
so master (no idea what they call you here) is there any visualizations or meditations to take me to those octaves

۩
#19 Posted : 4/3/2010 5:57:04 AM

My name is House.

DMT.

Capt_Bones
#20 Posted : 4/3/2010 5:59:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
My name is House.

DMT.

hahaha ok Very happy

but wasnt your sign a little triangle/ alter a couple weeks ago? so confusing >< cuz we talked in chat the other day, right ?

12NEXT