We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5-MeO changa? Options

dragonrider
#1 Posted : 2/27/2021 8:33:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm thinking of taking 5-MeO-DMT and i have basically two main concerns: dosing accurately. I don't have a scale that is accurate enough for this substance. It is probably not such a good idea to take anything over 10 mg, the first time.
And secondly: apparently it hits way faster than DMT does. I don't want to accidentally set my house on fire, or any household article of value.

So....making a 5meo changa seems to solve both of these issues. Somewhat.

Has anybody here ever done such a thing?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

observe
#2 Posted : 2/28/2021 1:15:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cant shed any light just want to clarify do you mean 5-meo with freebase harmalas and herbs or enhanced leaf? I enhance leaf with 5-ho to make dosing easier. Goodluck.

rOm
#3 Posted : 3/1/2021 9:06:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did make eLeaf 5 MeO DMT. Instead of harmalas I added 4 parts n,n DMT to act as synergy with 1 part 5 meo dmt. but that was more to make some variant to changa like a different n,n DMT and 5 MeO DMT enhanced leaf. Works a charm.
but yeah you can do enhanced leaf 5 meo dmt for sure.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

JefFlux
#4 Posted : 3/6/2021 10:03:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DO NOT ADD HARMALAS/Beta Carbolines/MAOIs TO 5-MeO-DMT !!!!!!

This will make the strength far more unpredictable and is not advised according to the scientific literature - additionally 5-MeO does not need any enhancement or potentiation by Harmala alkaloids.

The easiest solution here is to make enhanced leaf with a benign herb like Mint or Mullein

Quetzal7
#5 Posted : 3/7/2021 6:04:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did some , used a 20% 5MEO to 80% herbs (no harmala of course). That way, it's easy to dose,
and easy to take in one hit too (50mg being a strong dose). Mine burned realy fast but surprisingly quite efficiently (probably less than a vape, but better than just crystals in a pipe). It burned so fast that the come up was more like an instant flash that put me in instant trance.
Love it Smile

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 10/4/2021 7:51:46 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hey DR, did you ever get to try this?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ShamensStamen
#7 Posted : 10/4/2021 9:12:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Back when i had gotten some 5-MEO, i tried a test dose of like 5mgs in my homemade pipe, it hit me pretty hard so i sat the pipe down and realized i wasn't yet ready to enter 5-MEO space. So after the effects were dying down i smoked on some Rue seed to see if i could extend what i was still getting from the 5-MEO, didn't notice any potentiation or anything and soon the 5-MEO was completely out of my system. So about an hour later, i wondered if there was any 5-MEO left in the pipe or if i had gotten it all the first time, so i hit the pipe and took a big inhale, and i do believe whatever i got from that second time was no doubt potentiated by the smoked Rue. I started freaking out because i didn't want to over do it lol, but all was well.

I do want to try 5-MEO Changa at some point, however, it's important to note that Harmalas inhibit CYP2D6, which CYP2D6 metabolizes 5-MEO, so there's going to be potentiation of 5-MEO dosage from the CYP2D6 inhibition, but also because of the MAO-A inhibition there's going to be additional potentiation, so i highly recommend dosing low low on the 5-MEO if attempting this, like maybe start in the microgram range and you probably wouldn't need to go over 5mgs, heck even 1mg possibly. Also keep in mind that 5-MEO inhibits the reuptake of monoamines like Serotonin, Noradrenaline and Dopamine iirc, so that with the MAO-A inhibition is definitely some cause for concern, however i believe it's doable if one is really careful and safe.

With all that said, 5-MEO is not as physiologically safe as DMT is, and 5-MEO has caused a few deaths in the literature iirc, especially combined with Harmalas, so it's not a safe combination like Harmalas+DMT is, but i don't think it's too risky to safely attempt, just know that there is a potential risk for OD with 5-MEO (especially with Harmalas in the mix), so you proceed at your own risk, but imo don't let that necessarily scare you off, just be safe and extra cautious if pursuing this route, and probably best to not go for oral 5-MEO with oral Harmalas, imo, although i'd be curious if anyone has.

ms_manic_minxx
#8 Posted : 10/8/2021 12:12:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been curious about this too.

Does anyone have any idea what the harmala content of plain Caapi leaf is?

I have found plain Caapi leaf to be absolutely nothing like smoking harmala extracts, but still sufficient enough to prolong the freebase DMT experience. I honestly do not enjoy smoking harmalas beyond the little nudge that Caapi leaf gives. So I have wondered how risky/viable just plain Caapi leaf with 5meo might be - wouldn't pull the trigger without some hard math, though.

I'm mostly wondering if it's possible to make a gentle changa with just a dash of 5meo for color.

Bonus question: if CYP2D6 inhibition affects the metabolism of 5meo, does anyone know how severely cannabis would impact this? Asking because I eat a CBD heavy RSO everyday.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

dragonrider
#9 Posted : 10/9/2021 5:57:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Hey DR, did you ever get to try this?

Not yet.

I'm in no rush at all to do this very powerfull substance as soon as possible. I realy want to wait for the right moment with this one. And that gives me some time to work out the best way of taking it as well.

I'm also leaning more towards making sublingual pellets now. That method has worked realy well for me with yopo.

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 10/9/2021 9:56:04 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
I'm also leaning more towards making sublingual pellets now. That method has worked realy well for me with yopo.
Awaiting developments with keen interest. There's very little data about sublingual 5-MeO usage, but every reason to suspect that it will be effective.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ms_manic_minxx
#11 Posted : 10/10/2021 3:44:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Would the amount needed for sublingual administration differ from smoking?
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

jamie
#12 Posted : 10/10/2021 1:03:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

As so little is required, insufflation was a better route I found vs sublingual. It was just easy and I could feel 2mg doses etc without any nose discomfort.

I think 2mg is a good place to not go over no matter what the route is. If vaped, start at 1mg.

For anyone vaping, I would say yes making an infused leaf mix is best. Don't make changa. Make it very weak, as overdoing it a bit with this compound can be pretty damn terrifying.

Personally anything over 7mg is tie me up before hand territory. Im not kidding.

Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#13 Posted : 10/10/2021 1:05:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:
Awaiting developments with keen interest. There's very little data about sublingual 5-MeO usage, but every reason to suspect that it will be effective.

It is.
Long live the unwoke.

roninsina
#14 Posted : 10/10/2021 3:35:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
As so little is required, insufflation was a better route I found vs sublingual. It was just easy and I could feel 2mg doses etc without any nose discomfort.

I think 2mg is a good place to not go over no matter what the route is. If vaped, start at 1mg.

For anyone vaping, I would say yes making an infused leaf mix is best. Don't make changa. Make it very weak, as overdoing it a bit with this compound can be pretty damn terrifying.

Personally anything over 7mg is tie me up before hand territory. Im not kidding.

Thank you, jamie . You’re extensive bioassay experimentation has always carried a lot of weight in any decisions I’ve made with regards to my own safety and of those who l share experiences with.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

Espurrr
#15 Posted : 5/14/2023 8:49:20 PM

Asking the real questions

Sidisheikh.mehriz
#16 Posted : 5/14/2023 10:29:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had some aquatica freebase left sticking to a tea spoon worth around 1~2 mg dissolved it in minimal vinegar and used that intranasally. There was only threshold effects but it burned like hell.
Should have placed the tincture in a double boiler till all the vinegar evaporated then add some water.

I was also too slow adding drop by drop into my nose and taking breaks from the burning inside my nose so I could have very likely built some tolerance while adding. Whatever left that I couldnt take intranasally I used sublingually.

The same amount of freebase smoked would have brought a stronger effect but intranasally it seems to last longer. Can't say much about effects but I did notice an altered state of mind and a perception of a come up then it stopped. Intranasally it felt more physical than smoked, more uncomfortable. I had a good number of hits from the same extract smoked and it's been magical.

It's a 5-meo-dmt dominant extract by the way. I don't like this route. Might give it another chance with another tincture same dose minus the vinegar and see how it goes.

Sidisheikh.mehriz
#17 Posted : 5/14/2023 10:41:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some effects are still lingering it's akin to a threshold mescaline dose I could have enjoyed it maybe if my nose wasn't burning so much. There's some slight closed eye visuals neon light line drawings like GIFS which I saw on phalaris truncata and brachystachys mix with rue.