We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can't smoke anymore, edibles don't "do it", how to get high? Options

null24
#1 Posted : 2/27/2021 5:58:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I'd like to hear your anecdotal experiences with routes of adminstration and various products used other than smoking that you have used to get high. I have used edibles made with cO2 oil, live resin, etc, tinctures, rso with dosages from 25mg to 200mg and none of them "do it" for me. The high, if any, I get is so subtle that I rarely notive anything. I may find my anxiety level decreased, or things might be a little funnier, but The body+mind high I get from smoke isn't there.

I can't smoke anything, and the thought of doing so makes me cringe after having a chunk of my lung cut out to remove a cancerous tumor and a infection caught in the filthy hosptal I was in which I'm still healing from. I guess once the infection is done, I can vape, but I don't think it would be a good idea now.

It's been awhile and I honestly miss getting good and stoned. I have access to anything since I live I live in a rec-legal state, so all options can be taken into consideration.

I look forward to seeing your suggestions.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Seeingisbelieving
#2 Posted : 2/27/2021 6:04:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you tried the higher dose cheeba chews? If I was you I'd buy a volcano or something similar once your lungs heal.

I use my ABV to make tinctures and they work great for me but I know everyone is different.

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 2/27/2021 6:47:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The basic principle of good edibles, is getting as much cannabinoids in the smallest quantity of anything fatty as possible.

Liquid fats can work like a charm, but they have the downside that they only work as desired when the stomach is completely empty.
If there is too much liquid already in the stomach, like water, tea, coffee, etc, the liquid cannabis will simply float on top of it, and absorbtion will go very slow.

But it tends work rather well if you don't eat or drink anything for 4 to 5 hours.
It is the easiest way: dissolve some hash in organic oil. One to three spoons of oil can hold up to a gram of hash.

Edibles hit more reliably though.
And then brownies are the easiest to make. Just dissolve some hash in the butter you are gonna use before, and let it harden a bit again before using.

I personally like weed more than hash, but weed takes a lot longer to be properly absorbed into the butter.

If 0.2 grams didn't do much though, try 1 gram. That should absolutely do something. For me that is about the perfect amount.

But if you are planning to take psychedelics with it, it would be wise to take a way less because it amplifies the effect of any psychedelic by more than a lot.

0.5 grams of weed or hash is enough to make any serotonergic psychedelic twice as strong.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#4 Posted : 2/27/2021 11:06:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 I would suggest making your own decarbed full extract Cannabis oil. Then make your own Canna pills and experiment with different amounts until you find something that works for what you want. Canna doctors and scientists will tell you that suppositories are one of the best ways to get Cannabis into your system quickly and effectively. I have not tried that route myself. Another way is to rub the desired amount of Canna extract into your navel as it absorbs directly into your body via that route. Another way is to rub the desired amount of Canna extract into your upper gums above your top teeth and allow it to absorb into your blood stream. A gram of decarbed Canna extract should be between 550-750 mg of THC per gram, so you should able to dial in a pretty good guestimate of mg if you thin out the extract with olive, hemp or coconut oil. Good luck and let us know what works and does not work for you.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Tony6Strings
#5 Posted : 2/28/2021 9:52:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Null. Hi buddy. I like to take bho and decarb it in the toaster oven. I will put a gram into a silicone container minus lid and put this into the toaster oven around 200 degrees. Watch it bubble, it will slow down and eventually stop altogether. When it stops bubbling, the oil is decarboxylated. At this point, I put the lid on the silicone container and put in freezer. This makes for easy cutting up, dividing and rolling up into little balls to eat like a pill.

olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

null24
#6 Posted : 3/3/2021 6:40:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I appreciate the suggestions. It's actually been really good to have this break. I've settled on rso fire the moment due to the combination of cost and efficacy both being suitable to me.

The other night i took a little too much (I'm used to eating up to 150mg or more just to feel any effect) and kinda passed out. When i woke i couldn't for the life of me remember where i was it what i was doing. I almost called for help from one of the staff here, lol. And the next morning was quite high. I had taken some clonidine but no narcotics (I'm on a bunch of meds but the vast majority are not psychotropic). So yeah, that stuff works.

The break from getting high has been really good for me actually, and not just for lowering my tolerance. I've been wanting to do some dream work for a long time, but thc has prevented that. My dreams are incredibly intense now, and i can recall them easily.

They are kinda messed up, I'm always fighting something or someone in them, usually someone i know and I'm stunned at the fact that they are attacking me or whatever. It's due to my condition and that I'm fighting something within my own body- this nasty lung infection- i guess.

My dad had sepsis that kept him in hospital for 7 months, luckily he survived. His fever finally broke and he quickly got well after dreaming about floating into the lightbulb in his room and meeting the devil in there, whose ass he promptly and fully whipped without an introduction. I need that kind of dream.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Mitakuye Oyasin
#7 Posted : 3/3/2021 9:31:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null, glad to hear the rso is working for you. You might want to get some CBD rso in addition to your THC rso in case you ever feel like you have taken too much THC and it gets too intense. I always have a small supply of pure high potency decarbed CBD oil on hand and also some Citicholine (also known as CDP-Choline) in order to counteract the intensity of a too intense ingested THC experience. I am a self admitted lightweight with Cannabis, which is wonderful when smoking - a little goes a long way with me. But does become problematic sometimes when I ingest it as it is easy for me to get too high and have a rough ride. Both the CBD and Citicholine work well to calm the intensity of too much THC.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.