We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What is this yellow oil? Options

Violet Quark
#1 Posted : 2/25/2021 8:23:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Folks
I recently did an extraction on 100g MHRB using this TEK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZVXVPBnBhk
I got 1.7g of mostly white but also a few yellow crystals after freeze precip. The extraction is very clean and you can see from the pic the spice came out light yellow when scraped out and mixed.
I then evaporated the NPS and a yellow oil was left that will not dry. Any idea what this is and is it smokable?
Cheers
Violet Quark attached the following image(s):
IMG-2725.JPG (16kb) downloaded 121 time(s).
IMG-2726.JPG (36kb) downloaded 124 time(s).
VQ

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 2/25/2021 9:12:55 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

likely a supersaturated solution. I'd redissolve in hot solvent, let cool to room temp, toss in a couple xtals to seed, and put it in the freezer.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Violet Quark
#3 Posted : 2/26/2021 7:20:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
likely a supersaturated solution. I'd redissolve in hot solvent, let cool to room temp, toss in a couple xtals to seed, and put it in the freezer.

OK I'll try that and see what happens.
Thanks
VQ

Jees
#4 Posted : 2/27/2021 11:00:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Violet Quark wrote:
...is it smokable?...
Oils have shown to be active, but might contain traces of naphtha, embedded and harder to get out. Low heat and vacuum might. I've had soft waxes that took like a month (or longer) to get harder all by itself.
Simplest to recover actives, toss it in the next acid soup you're gonna work on.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 3/10/2021 8:01:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Have had this happen myself a few times. Likely plant fats and/or saturation. I second the statement about harder to get solvent out. And I also second the redisolving.

Also, should be smokable.

Enjoy the fruits (or rather, crystals) of your laborSmile.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽