We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Jazz & Psychedelics Options

QuantumMechanician
#1 Posted : 2/17/2021 1:59:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I always thought there was something special with Jazz, it directly triggers profound feelings and challenges structures, which makes it in my opinion ideal to accompany psychedelic experiences.
I believe it to potentiate the experiences greatly, as well as serve as a landmark that keeps oriented and open minded. It brings me through myriads of worlds and emotions every time. Its lack of a rigid structure really aligns and interacts well with psychedelic experiences to make them take unexpected turns and profound meanings.

On this note, allow me to share with you some of my favourite Jazz to blast off on and invite you to do the same.

Yusef Lateef - Like It Is
Pharoah Sanders - Harvest Time
Alice Coltrane - Turiya And Ramakrishna
Pat Metheny & Charlie Haden - The Moon Song
George Benson - El Mar
Grant Green - Idle Moments

I wish you all a great journey and hope to discover some interesting songs!

The Quantum Mechanician

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Seeingisbelieving
#2 Posted : 2/17/2021 2:55:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ephedra
#3 Posted : 2/17/2021 4:48:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi:

I also enjoy that combination to travel ... in a mind-melting path.

The Dave Pike Set - Spooky -1969
დ there is a Spirit, there is a Soul დ

Tomtegubbe
#4 Posted : 2/17/2021 6:14:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah!! I just listened to Chick Corea (rest in peace) a few days back while on very mild pharma trip. It was incredible. I felt like the music was something that DMT entities would compose and maybe that's what it is 😄

Like musical form of the incredibly complex visuals that are characteristic of the experience.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

changaforchange
#5 Posted : 2/17/2021 7:05:40 AM

changaforchange

Idris Muhammad is my choice with changa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COEp6gG50jk
changa is my medicine

Th3_tRuTh
#6 Posted : 2/17/2021 12:23:11 PM

Yūgen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

This is great, thank you for sharing! Weather Report with Jaco Pastorius is my all time favorite jazz band. Heavy Weather is one of the best albums I've ever listened to and never thought to try it for a DMT journey. Jaco's solo stuff is pretty incredible as well. Definitely checking out these suggestions you have posted and adding them to my collection.

EDIT: Birdland by Weather Report may be a bit high energy, but it is my favorite WR song and I am really curious as to what kind of vibe this track may drive. It's got such an uplifting energy to it that I can help but feel like it might be fun lol.

changaforchange
#7 Posted : 2/17/2021 12:40:06 PM

changaforchange

Th3_tRuTh wrote:
Birdland by Weather Report may be a bit high energy, but it is my favorite WR song and I am really curious as to what kind of vibe this track may drive. It's got such an uplifting energy to it that I can help but feel like it might be fun lol.

kudos for this - i've tried Birdland at it was superb! be ready for a long and deep journey
changa is my medicine

Th3_tRuTh
#8 Posted : 2/17/2021 2:36:56 PM

Yūgen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

JBS2016 wrote:
Th3_tRuTh wrote:
Birdland by Weather Report may be a bit high energy, but it is my favorite WR song and I am really curious as to what kind of vibe this track may drive. It's got such an uplifting energy to it that I can help but feel like it might be fun lol.

kudos for this - i've tried Birdland at it was superb! be ready for a long and deep journey

That is great to hear. I'm going to try it tonight then.

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 2/17/2021 7:39:13 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Great thread Thumbs up

embedded for ease of ease:
JBS2016 wrote:

Time to revisit some of my jazz recordings, methinks.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

changaforchange
#10 Posted : 2/17/2021 8:35:58 PM

changaforchange

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Great thread Thumbs up

embedded for ease of ease:
JBS2016 wrote:

Time to revisit some of my jazz recordings, methinks.

thanks brother Pleased
changa is my medicine

Ramma
#11 Posted : 2/18/2021 5:50:09 AM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

Very cool. I very much agree. I know these jazz songs must be very meaningful to you as they have been for me as well. My icaros became the jazz standards very early on and it was amazing the speed I could achieve in hyperspace with those sounds and the complex geometries I could create. I can always go back to trips & colors & lights & geometry & animations or the mental lightness of the DMT awareness by listening to one of my beloved jazz standards. In relation to the DMT motif jazz shares the circus motif thanks to trumpet solos which create an amazing space to surf orgasmic hyperwaves in heaven. It also shares a hint of absurdism, again in great part to trumpets, but also the delievery of the lines are very absurd. Like its so tragic, its so meaningful, its so masterful at a musician level, and yet the jazz doesnt take itself seriously and is singing the blues--or, and this is distinctive of jazz--is extremely tender and sweet, in the lyrcs of classics like Im in the Mood for Love, Ive got a crush on You, Everytime We Say Goodbye, You Send Me, For All We Know, Embraceable You, ect, etc. And this sweetness and affection and great care to detail is what we find in hyperspace with angels and such beings of light who greet us in cheers and love
Behold, a sower went out to sow

changaforchange
#12 Posted : 2/18/2021 6:07:46 AM

changaforchange

Ramma wrote:
Very cool. I very much agree. I know these jazz songs must be very meaningful to you as they have been for me as well. My icaros became the jazz standards very early on and it was amazing the speed I could achieve in hyperspace with those sounds and the complex geometries I could create. I can always go back to trips & colors & lights & geometry & animations or the mental lightness of the DMT awareness by listening to one of my beloved jazz standards. In relation to the DMT motif jazz shares the circus motif thanks to trumpet solos which create an amazing space to surf orgasmic hyperwaves in heaven. It also shares a hint of absurdism, again in great part to trumpets, but also the delievery of the lines are very absurd. Like its so tragic, its so meaningful, its so masterful at a musician level, and yet the jazz doesnt take itself seriously and is singing the blues.

great statement Ramma - as a musician myself I tend to enjoy these complexities in this reality too, and yet, when in hyperspace I especially enjoy the highest degree of improvisation - jazz music is far more explainable and relatable to when in hyperspace, as we lose ourselves in the dimensions hidden in between the notes, I also get to enjoy the enormity of new information generated at the very core of our neural networks : as space and time melt and pretty much have no meaning, the rest is freedom of expression, and I often feel that whatever comes from these musicians brains is actually part of everything, a universal language. I do have a passion for brasses too, along with solid rhythm patterns and deep base lines.

Here another starter for me : Billy Cobham's Total Eclipse

changa is my medicine

changaforchange
#13 Posted : 2/18/2021 1:28:41 PM

changaforchange

...I promise, this is the last ok? Big grin Big grin Big grin

changa is my medicine

QuantumMechanician
#14 Posted : 2/19/2021 3:08:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful choices my friends,

Rest in Peace Chick Corea.

JBS2016 wrote:
...I promise, this is the last ok? Big grin Big grin Big grin

Dont, keep it going, this is great. Big grin

I have embedded my first suggestions too for ease of ease

I also love some Jazz mixed with ethnic sounds; oriental, african, latin...

You must check the album Blue Maqams by Anouar Brahem if you like Oriental Jazz

I must add:

changaforchange
#15 Posted : 2/19/2021 6:30:07 AM

changaforchange

WOW - that's great stuff Quantum >>> i also enjoy the fusion of several genres: anyone, feel free to check my mixcloud channel if you are interested in a variety of sound fusions here: https://www.mixcloud.com/quintax/

[ enjoy and keep sharing - always worth it ]
changa is my medicine

Deltah
#16 Posted : 5/16/2021 11:28:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Deltah
#17 Posted : 5/16/2021 8:28:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://youtu.be/V7Sg-TsUIZ0
текст:
Why do you cry, ..llly?
Why do you cry?
Why, Willy? Why, ..illy?
Why, ..illy? Why

Deltah
#18 Posted : 5/16/2021 8:29:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Deltah wrote:
https://youtu.be/wIg149v0PM8

Why do you cry, ..llly?
Why do you cry?
Why, Willy? Why, ..illy?
Why, ..illy? Why?

https://youtu.be/krT_hGvEvhg

the biggest mistake you made ... you thought you were living ..https://youtu.be/-pVHC1DXQ7U

https://youtu.be/0d_JfNtGXSI

Deltah
#19 Posted : 5/17/2021 6:11:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Deltah wrote:
[quote=Deltah]https://youtu.be/wIg149v0PM8

Why do you cry, ..llly?
Why do you cry?
Why, Willy? Why, ..illy?
Why, ..illy? Why?

https://youtu.be/c7vTWDgml3Y

https://youtu.be/8zfYO9sZjrE

https://youtu.be/aT5mbBAwjs4

Razz

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 5/19/2021 11:36:02 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Listening to the Cat Empire album for the first time while on LSD was pretty awesome.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

12NEXT