We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Stress on Sonoran Desert Toad Options

Loveall
#1 Posted : 2/12/2021 4:36:55 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Environmentalists suggest 5MEO-DMT synthesis as a way to curve demand and stress on wild toads.

In chat dreamer042 mentioned that grasses could be an alternative source. Is there a concrete/verified process? If yes, we can bring that to the attention of the enviromentalists in the article so they can evaluate promoting that as an alternative (if they haven't checked already).

Cheers.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

null24
#2 Posted : 2/12/2021 7:44:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thanks for posting this. I was trying to put this across in a less diplomatic way to another member and don't think the information landed well with them.

Unfortunately (auto spell originally gave me infuriatingly, and it frankly is to me), we have to cut through a load of new age bs that at the same time it puts the toad on a spiritual pedestal threatens it's very existence.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 2/13/2021 3:54:03 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

This can never get enough awareness.

Also this paper is meant as a way to get more momentum going for synthetic 5-MeO-DMT:

https://psychedelicrevie...use-5-meo-dmt-succinate/

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsomega.0c05099

Kind regards,

The Traveler

grimlid
#4 Posted : 2/13/2021 4:58:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
we have to cut through a load of new age bs that at the same time it puts the toad on a spiritual pedestal threatens it's very existence.

I agree very much (new age BS is an eloquent way to put this hipster crap).
I have been on a bit of a rant on some other site in regard to Hamilton Morris making the show about 5 meo harvested from toads. It seemed really shortsighted for a person of intelligence to show a lack of regard for an already threatened species. I was relieved to see in Episode one of season 3 he admitted his fault and displayed his small crusade to create awareness of his mistake and create awareness for synthesis and publicly recreate the synthesis. I feel he redeemed himself significantly lets hope the toad can survive the potential destruction.
"I think; therefore I might be."

Loveall
#5 Posted : 2/13/2021 5:11:51 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Thanks guys. So is there a grass that is a viable option (to add to the synthesis efforts)? Maybe I'm being wishful, but if there is, the environmentalists could provide seed packets for free using minimal conservation effort funds. Or concious seed/plant vendors could include them for free in future orders with some basic info (e.g.; plant grass, save toads).

Not sure how much distribution of such seeds could curve toad demand since it would require time, effort, and dedication, but it can only help, right? Also, I think there is something special about material you help create instead of material you "take" from the environment, some may care about that.

Cheers.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

benzyme
#6 Posted : 2/14/2021 1:33:10 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Melatonin can be deacetylated in a high-boiling alcohol with NaOH, to mexamine.
Then it becomes a reductive amination endeavor, stepwise, at temps < 15 C. Not particularly hazardous, but the latter aspect is crucial, to avoid pictet-spengler cyclization.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

dreamer042
#7 Posted : 2/14/2021 3:41:43 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

This is probably worth including in this discussion:

Keeper Trout wrote:
Phalaris aquatica var. stenoptera

(= P. tuberosa var. stenoptera = P. stenoptera)

("Harding-grass", "Holdfast Harding-grass", "Peruvian Wintergrass" )

Introduced cultivar from Australia [This scenario is presented by most. Hortus considers its origin to be unclear.]. Cultivated and naturalized in California and the Pacific Northwest.

Variable amounts. Festi & Samorini 1994 cited Rendig et al. 1970 as finding 135-264 mg of 5-MeO-DMT and

0-60 mg of DMT per ml of expressed juice.

DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are present in foliage [5-MeO-DMT>DMT]. Total indole alkaloid levels hit two peaks of 0.14% in late September and mid November one year but only one peak in one or the other during two other years. In the latter cases; the year with a peak in late September was also around 0.14% while the year with the peak in mid-November was 0.08%. This last year showed some of its lowest values in late September. Their analysis only covered mid September through mid February. Total indolealkylamines were 0.08% or less the rest of the times assayed, with a low around 0.02%. (All values approximate; taken from graphs) Alkaloid levels were found to be markedly different from one month to the next and one year to the next. Rendig et al. 1976.

McComb and coworkers determined the 5-MeO-DMT concentration in Phalaris tuberosa leaves (cv. Hardinggrass) by use of an estimation obtained via UV absorption of the Xanthylium salts formed during the alkaloid's reaction with Xanthydrol.

They reported 0.236% in 7 day old fresh leaves, 0.105% in 9 day old fresh leaves and 0.077% in 21 day old fresh leaves. all figures are % dry weight

They did not evaluate the other components of the leaves in this paper but noted that neither gramine nor hordenine formed colored complexes with Xanthydrol. McComb et al. 1969.

source: https://erowid.org/libra...2_phalaris_strains.shtml
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca