We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV848586
Ethyl acetate approach [CIELO] Options

Loveall
#1701 Posted : 12/23/2023 2:54:42 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Another update:

Squeezing is the way to go. Much stronger pulls to exhaust the paste quickly and effectively. Consistently hitting max yields easily in a short ammount of time and with less solvent and less effort. Squeezing is also fun! Gloves compatible with EA reccomended.

BW, this is a significant upgrade to the TEK. Thank you and your friend so much.

Together with the washing swashing soda dry/check, the TEK has beem significantly upgraded.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Twilight Person
#1702 Posted : 12/23/2023 2:55:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool news!! So did i get it correct?

I can now make a quick and easy test before salting by adding Na2CO3 and if it stays totally dry and not slimy then my extract is good for the final step?

And even if not the added Na2CO3 has also removed more water, so even if i get slime, i repeat adding Na2CO3 until the added salt does not get slimy anymore, then it is fine for the last step?

Cheers
~ O ~

Loveall
#1703 Posted : 12/23/2023 4:41:55 PM

❤️‍🔥

Twilight Person wrote:
Cool news!! So did i get it correct?

I can now make a quick and easy test before salting by adding Na2CO3 and if it stays totally dry and not slimy then my extract is good for the final step?

And even if not the added Na2CO3 has also removed more water, so even if i get slime, i repeat adding Na2CO3 until the added salt does not get slimy anymore, then it is fine for the last step?

Cheers

Yes, but slimy is OK as long as there is part of it that stays as granules. Then you are done.

downwardsfromzero
#1704 Posted : 12/23/2023 5:14:36 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Loveall wrote:

Interestingrly, washing soda does not dry ethyl acetate to the point that the salting reaction is suppressed (unlike MgSO4 or CaCl2)+. Since the solution cannot get too dry it is foolproof.
I've long been a fan of sodium carbonate as a mild drying agent for alkaloidal extract solutions, so it's good to see it coming into its own here.

Question, though - do you mean anhydrous soda, or the hydrated stuff? And an observation: sodium carbonate decahydrate is efflorescent when exposed to the normal indoor atmosphere. This means it loses its water of crystallization quite readily and it is this property which fortuitously provides the moisture-balancing effect.
This leads to a couple of further questions - were you inspired by knowledge of this property to try out this drying technique, and what temperature was it performed at?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Loveall
#1705 Posted : 12/24/2023 2:23:17 PM

❤️‍🔥

I believe the arm and hammer washing soda I use is anhydrous. The vendor doesn’t specify it, but I tried drying it in the oven and it did not change. Also, according to photography people it is anhydrous out of the box.

https://www.photo.net/fo...ium-carbonate-anhydrous/

Brennendes Wasser
#1706 Posted : 12/30/2023 7:22:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Quote:
Thanks, BW, the drier paste and hand squeezing are substantial improvements Thumbs up Please thank your friend for me!

- Less EA pulls to fully exhaust the paste.
- Almost complete solvent recovery
- Less volume of used EA to wash. I accumulate solvent and will now need to wash it half as often.

Quote:
BW, this is a significant upgrade to the TEK. Thank you and your friend so much.

Ooooh that sounds cool. I told him now and he was amazed Big grin Big grin

Quote:
BW deserves an extra scoop of ice cream for this at the very least Very happy

Well technically I just wrote this stuff up here, but did not come up with any ideas in the first place Big grin Big grin That squeeze was from my friend, who is now happy to have made a random contribution and the kitchen mixer for dryer paste was used by Twilight Person, although for the EA pulling step.

The sodium carbonate thing sounds nice, maybe also now you have a hot-fix for people to maybe reduce even the slightest chance of unexpected results? Love

famine
#1707 Posted : 12/31/2023 10:14:03 AM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Loveall wrote:

Interestingrly, washing soda does not dry ethyl acetate to the point that the salting reaction is suppressed (unlike MgSO4 or CaCl2)+. Since the solution cannot get too dry it is foolproof.
I've long been a fan of sodium carbonate as a mild drying agent for alkaloidal extract solutions, so it's good to see it coming into its own here.

Question, though - do you mean anhydrous soda, or the hydrated stuff? And an observation: sodium carbonate decahydrate is efflorescent when exposed to the normal indoor atmosphere. This means it loses its water of crystallization quite readily and it is this property which fortuitously provides the moisture-balancing effect.
This leads to a couple of further questions - were you inspired by knowledge of this property to try out this drying technique, and what temperature was it performed at?

K2CO3 used a lot in drying methanolic solutions during imine formation etc too

Loveall
#1708 Posted : 1/23/2024 2:10:32 PM

❤️‍🔥

endlessness' NMR result of 94.1% pure mescaline citrate + 6.9% water has been confirmed.

Confirmed in the sense that a sample sent to Altitude condulting was 49.2% mescaline.

That is what one would expect if the product from CIELO is monomescaline citrate x 1.5 H2O2 (= 49.1% mescaline by molecular weight)..

So it all matches up within 0.1%.

I believe we can say with some confidence that the TEK produces this hydrated mescaline salt form with high purity (>99.9% if the 3rd digit from Attitude is significant).

Cheers and happy extracting.

Loveall
#1709 Posted : 1/23/2024 11:24:07 PM

❤️‍🔥

Loveall wrote:
endlessness' NMR result of 94.1% pure mescaline citrate + 6.9% water has been confirmed.

Confirmed in the sense that a sample sent to Altitude condulting was 49.2% mescaline.

That is what one would expect if the product from CIELO is monomescaline citrate x 1.5 H2O2 (= 49.1% mescaline by molecular weight)..

I believe we can say with some confidence that the TEK produces this hydrated mescaline salt form with high purity (>99.9% if the 3rd digit from Attitude is significant).

It would be good to test this again by dehydrating in the oven (unsure of the temp needed). Expect a 7% weight drop to produce anhydrous mescaline citrate starting with (monomescaline citrate)3.(Water)2 hydrated crystal from CIELO. Then weigh the anhydrous salt exposed to air over a few weeks to see if it says dry or absorbs moisture.

downwardsfromzero
#1710 Posted : 1/24/2024 12:30:35 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Another option would be to use a vacuum desiccator and calcium chloride (or preferably a stronger desiccant if you can get any). Do we have any melting point data for this form of M citrate yet? BW's Thermogravimetric Analysis and Differential Scanning Calorimetry data does throw a little light in this general direction already:
Brennendes Wasser wrote:
Here we can see a melting point of Mescaline Citrate with an onset at 102°C and a max at 120°C. The peak is astonishingly broad and not very sharp as other Tryptamines. When observed by eye I could see myself that it first starts liquifying to a sticky blob at around 120°C and not forming a real molten liquid. This may correspond to the unusual melting peak seen in DSC. Still if there is no real reason vaporizing this salt it might not matter at all that it cant be formed into a true liquid easily.
This seems to imply one might need to be a little cautious with oven drying.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Loveall
#1711 Posted : 1/24/2024 1:36:26 AM

❤️‍🔥

Loveall wrote:
Loveall wrote:

It would be good to test this again by dehydrating in the oven (unsure of the temp needed). Expect a 7% weight drop to produce anhydrous mescaline citrate starting with (monomescaline citrate)3.(Water)2 hydrated crystal from CIELO. Then weigh the anhydrous salt exposed to air over a few weeks to see if it says dry or absorbs moisture.

Good info! I think I'm going to make anhydrous at 90C.

Brennendes Wasser
#1712 Posted : 1/24/2024 9:15:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Stoooopp hehe I already did it xD

Already wrote it here in the thread, but it did not get much attention, so that info was lost.

Found it here.

Me wrote:
85,50 mg Mescaline Citrate in Oven @ 50 °C / 0,04 bar for 24 h

weight afterwards ...

84,57 mg Mescaline Citrate

so even hardcore physico-chemical water removal did not do anything, must be totally locked within the crystal grid.

Drying with CaCl2 will not remove any water and even a hardcore removal that will get any adsorbed water did not remove any. Still, the temperature was well below the melting point.

From that experiment I wrote the water is absolutely stuck and therefore absolutely mandatory to get exact those crystals. Once I did the water-dilution row experiment also the 0 % water aliquot gave the expected yield, but simply a powder instead of crystals. So the long "CIELO Needles" absolutely need water to be formed and it is tightly bound inside of the crystal lattice.

Loveall
#1713 Posted : 1/24/2024 10:04:11 AM

❤️‍🔥

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
Stoooopp hehe I already did it xD

Already wrote it here in the thread, but it did not get much attention, so that info was lost.

Found it here.

Me wrote:
85,50 mg Mescaline Citrate in Oven @ 50 °C / 0,04 bar for 24 h

weight afterwards ...

84,57 mg Mescaline Citrate

so even hardcore physico-chemical water removal did not do anything, must be totally locked within the crystal grid.

Drying with CaCl2 will not remove any water and even a hardcore removal that will get any adsorbed water did not remove any.

Still, the temperature was well below the melting point, but to go absolutely sure I might try to arrange it at double temperature. Don't have access anymore, but maybe can still do it somehow.

From that experiment I wrote the water is absolutely stuck and therefore absolutely mandatory to get exact those crystals. Once I did the water-dilution row experiment also the 0 % water aliquot gave the expected yield, but simply a powder instead of crystals. So the long "CIELO Needles" absolutely need water to be formed and it is tightly bound inside of the crystal lattice.

Thanks! I remember now reading about this. The 0% water result was very interesting. With enough mass resolution that would be the anhydrous form of mescaline citrate I think.

So, the if the extract is fully dried with paitience the powder should form. Originally the normal needle reaction did not happen so we said let's keep the water.

Brennendes Wasser
#1714 Posted : 1/24/2024 5:17:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Quite possible that a water-free variation would crumble to dust, but upon doing a slow water removal, it might even keep that orientation?

Anyways getting it totally water-free would be probably easier just doing the IPA-rex. I guess it removes all the water - and the resulting white powder is looking like the same 0-% white powder from that test Smile

Brennendes Wasser
#1715 Posted : 1/26/2024 3:51:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Loveall wrote:
Thanks! I remember now reading about this. The 0% water result was very interesting. With enough mass resolution that would be the anhydrous form of mescaline citrate I think.

So, the if the extract is fully dried with paitience the powder should form. Originally the normal needle reaction did not happen so we said let's keep the water.

Here is the result from the hardcore drying:

A scale with 10 µg steps was used, so should track even smallest weights. 83,20 mg CIELO crystals were subjected to 90 °C at 40 mbar.

Weight after 24 h dropped by -1,81 mg. Apparently the weight then increased by ~ 10 µg every 5 seconds, so water was absorbed back.

BUT then it was realized that this is also happening with only the plastic dish used to hold the CIELO crystals. So the plastic dish absorbed water and not the CIELO crystals themself. Also therefore the dish lost "a lot" of water. The crystals were weight-tracked on their own and only a difference of 0,7 mg was tracked, true weight dropped from 83,20 mg -> 82,50 mg. So apparently the true water-loss was even less.

Conclusion:

Even VERY strong drying conditions did remove nearly 0 water from the CIELO crystals. Also no back-absorption was observed in the very first time after removing from oven. No idea about long-term, but any preocess happening should still have been felt immediately somehow. Just another sign that the water is definetly part of the crystal lattice and therefore (as you have already found out in the beginning) essential to form exactly those long needles. Love

Loveall
#1716 Posted : 1/27/2024 12:48:01 AM

❤️‍🔥

Thanks BW, great repott!

Loveall
#1717 Posted : 2/1/2024 11:28:20 AM

❤️‍🔥

A round of non scientific polling was done on reddit asking users for dosage vs. subjective experience.

As a result the dosage recommendations in the TEK have been updated slightly. The older dosage recomendations where conversion of Mescaline HCl dosage reccomendations found online. The new recommendations are from people in the /mescaline sub on reddit that have been actively extracting mescaline citrate.

TEK has been updared from:

*Threshold: 100 - 200 mg
*Light: 200 - 350 mg
*Common: 350 - 700 mg
*Strong: 700 - 1400 mg
*Heavy: 1400 mg+

To:

*Threshold: 60 - 125 mg
*Light: 125 - 500 mg, typically 333mg
*Common: 500 - 850 mg, typically 666mg
*Strong: 850 - 1350 mg, typically 999mg
*Heavy: >1350mg

Not a big change, raised the light dose by ~60mg and the common dose by 145mg. Decreased the strong dose by 51mg, and began the heavy dose 50mg earlier.

More importantly a the dosage distribution is shown, giving an idea of overlap between possible experiences at different dosages (see image). Note for example that a 666mg dose maximizes the chances of having a common experience and minimizes the chances of a kight, strong, or heavy experience. Twisted Evil
Loveall attached the following image(s):
20240131_215700.jpg (3,186kb) downloaded 44 time(s).

Loveall
#1718 Posted : 2/1/2024 3:31:54 PM

❤️‍🔥

Did some minor updates.
Loveall attached the following image(s):
mplotc.jpg (85kb) downloaded 35 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#1719 Posted : 2/1/2024 7:04:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Loveall wrote:
Did some minor updates.

Awesome, thanks.

Putting the colour key in a logical order, as you have, would have been the one main improvement Thumbs up

Perhaps the annotations on the x-axis could be placed diagonally, though?

«PREV848586