We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Pau d'arco Options

gammagore
#21 Posted : 3/10/2010 10:59:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shadowlord wrote:
Yes!
Thinking I will waste a lot of the precious spice if I use infused herbs and am interested in the mentioned synergy.

No waste at all broSmile Just make a few blends and test it out. The subtle difference that a herb brings to the journey is just... well, I dont have any words for it, just try it.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Shadowlord
#22 Posted : 3/11/2010 12:08:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LOL THanks again Gammagore.
I don't know how I typed that out so poorly. must have been thinking ahead of my typing as what I meant to say was that I believe my current method of smoking spice is wasteful as some of it runs down the stem.
I am actually thinking that infused herbs will help me get the most of of each mg.
I'll report back after I infuse some mullein or Pau D'Arco and give it a rip.

gammagore
#23 Posted : 3/11/2010 12:19:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ahhh, I was a little confused as to your statement, heheh.

A little tip, when you do infuse that herb, DONT touch or move any herb around while it is evaporating, leave it alone till it is dry, this way the spice will infuse with the herb and not stick to the dish yu are using to evap. Also, when smoking it, try not to hold the lighter on the herb too long, just enough to get that cherry glowing, and then just another boost to clear the bowl.

Happy days broSmile

damiana
#24 Posted : 3/11/2010 12:54:06 AM

Cosmic Dragon

gammagore wrote:
I've just made a batch of caapi and d'arco, spice and jungle. Loaded a small hit first, then I went for the big cone.

I was surprised at how fast the effects came on. Purple strobe effects were noticed before I was able to put the bong down.

Very happy.

Weird, SWIM gets purple visuals like crazy on pua d'arco and dmt. He has gotten it so much that he has named that blend the purple dragon, after P au D' arco. Smile

Damiana
PEACE

yayscience
#25 Posted : 3/11/2010 2:17:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My friend has been inspired by this thread. He's been getting pissed off at his bag of peppermint.

Dimitrius
#26 Posted : 3/11/2010 2:25:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm, I may have to try this. Pau D'Arco + Mullein + Spice sounds smooth and nice.

I wonder how Cat's Claw would be/tastes?
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Shadowlord
#27 Posted : 3/11/2010 8:02:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

goldenbloo wrote:
My friend has been inspired by this thread. He's been getting pissed off at his bag of peppermint.

Laughing

ibeing897
#28 Posted : 3/18/2010 1:26:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

was so surprised by pau darco, tried it in a dagger blend with jungle and it was incredibly fast onset and had a very quick vibe, felt very different and I kept on getting shock waves of energy passing through everything like explosions, also reality was stranger than ever, very blissful powerful warm feeling in my head, and all this on a very small amount, got fear onset as it was so intense.
all posts are fictional

rahlii
#29 Posted : 3/20/2010 7:04:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A while ago I was taking Pau d'arco tea to try fix a nasal congestion problem.

I drank a cup of the tea about an hour before an Aya trip and had the most intense Aya journey I've experienced yet. I can't remember if I had made the brew relatively stronger then previous brews but she was far stronger.

I started into twitching convoltions that I could not control. After about an hour of laying on the ground twitching and drifting in and out of trances I suddenly awoke not knowing who I was nor where I was. I then retreaved a faint memory of brewing something on the stove. I said to my wife (sitter) "I've drunk Aya haven't I?"

"Yes dear you've been rolling around twitching saying I love you over and over for around an hour" she said.

Hard work the Pau d'arco. I think it may have set off a slight serotonin reaction.

I have since added the powdered bark to my Changa extract jar. But who knows who does what anymore with the amount of love poured in her direction.
From where is the noise?

smokeydaze
#30 Posted : 3/21/2010 9:22:21 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

lbeing789 wrote:
was so surprised by pau darco, tried it in a dagger blend with jungle and it was incredibly fast onset and had a very quick vibe, felt very different and I kept on getting shock waves of energy passing through everything like explosions, also reality was stranger than ever, very blissful powerful warm feeling in my head, and all this on a very small amount, got fear onset as it was so intense.

Great description, amazing isnt it! Keep at it, its very expansive. Large doses of pau darco are fucking unbelievable.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

69ron
#31 Posted : 3/21/2010 9:48:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

smokeydaze wrote:
lbeing789 wrote:

Great description, amazing isnt it! Keep at it, its very expansive (derrr). Large doses of pau darco are fucking unbelievable.

What causes this? Does it contain MAOIs?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Dimitrius
#32 Posted : 3/21/2010 12:18:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

smokeydaze wrote:
lbeing789 wrote:

Great description, amazing isnt it! Keep at it, its very expansive (derrr). Large doses of pau darco are fucking unbelievable.

It's not very expensive for myself.

$10.80 per pound.

My local shop carries this: http://www.frontiercoop....amp;cn=Pau+d%27Arco+Bark

Three health shops that I know of stock their bulk herb shelves with Frontier Co-Op. This is the U.S. though. So, I don't know....
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

mumbles
#33 Posted : 3/21/2010 12:31:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Sounds like pure placebo. It has quinone compounds with antibacterial/fungal activity but thats it so whatever else is happening isn't being caused by that particular herb it isnt used in any recreational sense. Might also be coinciding with people altering their smoking techniques (nicer taste, easier to handle the smoke) to be more efficient and leave less burnt or liquid dmt run-off.

jamie
#34 Posted : 3/21/2010 4:00:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

PLACEBO..

I drank 30 grams of darco the other day, no effects..didnt even potantiate the bufotenine I smoked at night or the mushrooms I ate in the morning..

I have been drinking pau d arco for the last year to kill off yeast in my body, at high doses and I have never once noticed ANY psychoactive effects from it..

I guess its possible there is something that is only active when smoked..but i never got effects when i smoked it either.
Long live the unwoke.

Dorge
#35 Posted : 3/21/2010 4:43:49 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

mumbles wrote:
69ron wrote:
Sounds like pure placebo. It has quinone compounds with antibacterial/fungal activity but thats it so whatever else is happening isn't being caused by that particular herb it isnt used in any recreational sense. Might also be coinciding with people altering their smoking techniques (nicer taste, easier to handle the smoke) to be more efficient and leave less burnt or liquid dmt run-off.

exactly!!!!! Not that there is anything wrong with that, it just shows how powerful themind is, and how amazing DMT is at working with the minds expectations.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

ibeing897
#36 Posted : 3/21/2010 4:58:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it could've been the dagger in the blend, which seemed very strong, I think the DMT makes any psychoactive effect from the herb base more noticeable, I can't say anything about Pau, I was just surprised by how strong it was and I've never had the waves before. Also, maybe something in the Pau makes it easier for the smoke to get into your system.
all posts are fictional

ibeing897
#37 Posted : 3/21/2010 6:00:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
PLACEBO..

I drank 30 grams of darco the other day, no effects..didnt even potantiate the bufotenine I smoked at night or the mushrooms I ate in the morning..

I have been drinking pau d arco for the last year to kill off yeast in my body, at high doses and I have never once noticed ANY psychoactive effects from it..

I guess its possible there is something that is only active when smoked..but i never got effects when i smoked it either.

Fractal you've been drinking for a year, so you could have built up a tolerance or you could've been experiencing it the whole time, I don't think it's a terribly noticeable effect... I think the dagger/darco blend seemed very different from the lotus/calea blend, but I don't doubt the placebo effect here, I will say I've been generally surprised by how different leaf blends are, I didn't expect anything but spice, the whole changa/enhanced leaf idea seems to work, but it's gotta be a least partly placebo.
all posts are fictional

Dorge
#38 Posted : 3/26/2010 4:42:04 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

i hate to play devils advocate on this... because swims tried it and its not really anything noticeable to swim... BUT... smoking pau and drinking it are going to possibly give very different results. just saying...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

smokeydaze
#39 Posted : 3/28/2010 11:58:00 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

nothing noticeable RazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazz
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

narmz
#40 Posted : 3/28/2010 5:38:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I went down to the local herb shop and picked up a whole slew of different herbs to try out and put into a nice mix. I tried Pau D'Arco - and almost decided not to put it into the blend because of how harsh it tasted by itself, but it does have a very interesting effect - almost liquid like in my opinion. I think i will add just a tiny bit of this to the blend I make.

Here is a list of the herbs i did try:
Lavender - not too harsh, creates a full smoke, and adds a nice color to the mix.
Mullien - smooth smoke, and very open feeling to it.
Sassafras leaf - smooth burning leaf with a crackle - rustic taste - hits ya with a massage right in your forehead after smoking.
Motherwort - burns nicely, and has a really nice smell, but the smell did not translate into the smoke, which was a tad on the harsh side.
White Sage - smells like farts, probably not ending up in any mix
Skullcap - crazy interesting flavor - smoke a tad harsh - but definitely hits you quick
Mugwort - good filler - not the greatest taste, but definitely adds a little something
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

PREV123NEXT