We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Digestion issues and gas after taking LSD Options

Just.Ask.The.Axis
#1 Posted : 1/31/2021 4:46:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I get tons of gas during a LSD experience. Could I put a dose of LSD in water, add a tiny bit (maybe 1mg) of charcoal to the water and filter. Would that remove some impurities from the LSD?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 2/1/2021 5:54:57 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You might just remove all the LSD as well. What makes you think that it's impurities in the LSD causing your flatulence?

What is your diet like? The LSD might just be sensitising you to an existing imbalance. LSD makes my existing back pain seem way worse, at least in the latter stages of the experience.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Just.Ask.The.Axis
#3 Posted : 2/2/2021 12:53:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Downward, thanks for the reply. I was just thinking that the charcoal could remove the LSD as well. My diet is fairly strict, so I don't think it could be that. This digestive disturbance is also occuring with my girlfriend and my buddy.

I'm going to give this a whirl and report back in a few weeks.

WanderingCat
#4 Posted : 2/2/2021 8:19:24 AM

The White Haired Cat

I tend to have a uncomfortable feeling that LSD gives me. Plus after taking it my bones hurt. DMT seems to be the one molecule that hasn't affected me negatively. Remember being pretty out of it one day and had a slight headache. Took DMT and I immediately felt no headache and re-stored energy. This may of course act completely different for you.

Just my personal experience, CHEERS Smile
Grass Grows When The Tiny Cat is Dreaming

Phangz wrote:

"this is your height on dmt.."

Fruit is life
#5 Posted : 2/2/2021 9:09:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience any seratonergic drugs can stimulate the gut/intestines, it makes sense as our gut is almost an extensional tube of neural tissue, anytime we light up the brain we light up the gut too, maybe its revealing of the current or then current condition of your gut? Out of all the psychs though it seems odd LSD would do this is..
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 2/3/2021 8:50:58 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It also figures, because the majority of the bodies serotonin receptors are in the gut. I do recall having a constricted feeling in my guts in the latter stages of more than one LSD experience but that could equally have been from lack of food.

Just to clarify, J.A.T.A., do you actually get emissions of gas, or are we talking cramping and bloating?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Just.Ask.The.Axis
#7 Posted : 2/6/2021 4:56:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do agree with all of these statements that psychedelics can stimulate the gut, we have an abundance of receptors in our gut. My symptom here is classic gas.

Thanks for all the reply's. I appreciate the input on this.