We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Make a nice water bong Options

arimane
#1 Posted : 1/31/2010 2:27:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys. I've been looking for this, but couldn't find a good topic about.

Now, a friend of mine usually takes Changa in a water bong, and to be honest, he pretty likes this method (once he got used to).
But he has a problem: his water bong is a pretty bad looking. Just a 2 lt. bottle and a blue bucket.
He really doesn't like it.

So, how do you suggest him to make a better looking water bong?
Of course he can change the bucket with a better one, he also thought to decorate everything with enamel, but is curious to read what you can suggest him too.

Hope this is not a dumb topic =)

Cheers
Bad, bad english

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ghostman
#2 Posted : 1/31/2010 2:36:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is buying a bong out of the question? Bongs are cheap.
Peace in mind, Love in heart

arimane
#3 Posted : 1/31/2010 3:03:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beside a personal preference to make myself stuffs that I can, the only gravity bong out there that I found is the Vortex one, and it doesn't get me so much (is not cheap at all too).
Bad, bad english

Ident
#4 Posted : 1/31/2010 6:35:01 PM

Mr Ident

EDIT: Sorry, this isn't a water bong but its maybe worth a try if you're into diy smoking apparatus.

I'd try making a lung - It's not exactlty good looking but it'll maximise your intake and it's cheap as chips to make. Get a 2L plastic milk container, cut off the bottom section and then get yourself a plastic carrier bag. Cut the handles from the bag and then tape it to the base of the container, make sure it's airtight though.

Stick a bit of tin foil over the top, pierce some small holes in it with a pin and then cut a small/medium sized hole in the handle part (or wherever). Push the plastic bag up inside the bottle casing and then light your mix on the foil at the top. As it burns, SLOWLY pull the bag downwards as if it's a big lung filling with the smoke and then, once you've pulled it down as far as it'll go without tearing it off the bottle, inhale everything through the other hole!

It's not great looking but it's effective in an emergency. Other than having to make do with a shit looking home-made bong, your next best bet is to decorate your other eqiupment as you like.
Ident is a fictional character - The stories and quoutes attributed to Ident should be treated as having no basis in reality.

d*l*b
#5 Posted : 1/31/2010 8:04:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We used to call them “bags” back when we used to do them. I also believed that plastic fumes added to the effect! Always seemed to provide a very dark journey. I was actually thinking about spice from a bag only in the past week.

A useful modification that’ll stop melted plastic being deposited on your lips is an extra tube stuck in to inhale from. Block up it up with blu-tak whilst you are filling up, remove and block bowl when you want to hit it.

We experimented with a similar concept to the bag/lung/bucket and created a pipe out of one of those over-size glass syringes, from what I can remember it worked quite well but didn’t have the plastic dirtiness we were used to!
D × V × F > R

Ident
#6 Posted : 1/31/2010 9:02:05 PM

Mr Ident

d*l*b wrote:
We experimented with a similar concept to the bag/lung/bucket and created a pipe out of one of those over-size glass syringes, from what I can remember it worked quite well but didn’t have the plastic dirtiness we were used to!

Ha! Aye, ideally going for glass would be the way forward since it's utterly honkin' to taste plastic in your smokeables. I've only ever used them for hash when I was younger but thought it might be worth sticking on anyhow, I didn't think about how it'd work with changa but you're better safe than sorry so probably best to disregard that. Laughing
Ident is a fictional character - The stories and quoutes attributed to Ident should be treated as having no basis in reality.

d*l*b
#7 Posted : 1/31/2010 11:14:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To stop the plastic from the bowl melting you can always add a removable one made out of something more suitable.

I am sure lungs would be quite good for changa. If you do them right I’m pretty sure you needn’t be smoking plastic fumes at all!
D × V × F > R

smokeydaze
#8 Posted : 2/1/2010 2:15:25 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Something like this get's the job done perfectly, is easy to use/handle and looks fine as well.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

Phlux-
#9 Posted : 2/1/2010 5:21:30 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Copper plumbing can be used to make awesome custom bongs - all the fittings, incl the socket should be available at the hardware store.
Iv found homemade bongs can totally perform just as well if not even better than purchased pyrex bongs but they just lack the total awesomeness factor of nice pyrex peice.(and a pyrex peice will last for years as they look new after 1 minute cleaning with acetone and salt.)
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

۩
#10 Posted : 2/1/2010 5:25:42 AM

Make a chalice out of a coconut and form your own clay bowl.
http://images.google.com...a=N&hl=en&tab=wi

Phlux-
#11 Posted : 2/1/2010 5:49:54 AM

The Root

heheh - nice one man - the rastas here call that a kusha, and imo its the nicest way to smoke a hash chillum.
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

#12 Posted : 2/1/2010 9:39:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure I can help the OP, but that coconut "Kusha" reminds me of an awesome pipe I made with my gf when we were on a trek in the Jungle. Our rizla got soaked, so as an emergency alternative we got our guide to hack us down a piece of bamboo which we used as the pipe body. We cut a hole in it and used the head of our mini maglite as the bowl, and sealed the edges with candle wax. It worked, and was pretty funny, our guide was laughing his ass off at us!
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Phlux-
#13 Posted : 2/1/2010 12:12:34 PM

The Root

another awesome pipe smoked locally is the papaya pipe
the stem of a leaf is broken off at the base where it joins on the main trunk - its hollow and pipe shaped.
the leaf end is cut off leaving the desired pipe length - long ones are best
4 matchsticks are pushed thru the pipe end to make a crosshatch shape inside the pipe - this stops the ganj from being pulled thru
its loaded and smoked
if the pipe is too long - one may require a FIREMAN(kronie with a lighter)
awesome way to smoke.
i think i must have smoked thru almost every kind of suitable fruit or veggie(turnips sure were interesting but a carrot is better and less spicy Smile )
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

arimane
#14 Posted : 2/1/2010 2:37:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Uh, thanks everybody for replys. All of them very interesting.

But, for those who suggest me a bong, I've tried with a bong, but I'm a non-smoker and the gravity bong helps me a lot, by doing itself all the work of pushing the smoke in my lung. Other ways are difficoult for me.

Maybe I should try a vapor genie, with the changa, if it works.

The plastic bag Idea seems like working, but not better looking at all =D
Bad, bad english

gammagore
#15 Posted : 2/1/2010 9:03:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
another awesome pipe smoked locally is the papaya pipe
the stem of a leaf is broken off at the base where it joins on the main trunk - its hollow and pipe shaped.
the leaf end is cut off leaving the desired pipe length - long ones are best
4 matchsticks are pushed thru the pipe end to make a crosshatch shape inside the pipe - this stops the ganj from being pulled thru
its loaded and smoked
if the pipe is too long - one may require a FIREMAN(kronie with a lighter)
awesome way to smoke.
i think i must have smoked thru almost every kind of suitable fruit or veggie(turnips sure were interesting but a carrot is better and less spicy Smile )

hahaha, bru, you crack me upSmile hahaha nice, I remember those pipes.

Another method we used to use is, take one of them plastic coke/fanta bottles(500ml), make a hole about two thirds way down and stick an empty bic pen in, then make a clutch one third way from the top. Find something around the house to use as a bowl on the empty pen and you have a make shift bong.

But since the bongs dont work for you, maybe invest in a VG, they do work wonders.

arimane
#16 Posted : 2/2/2010 2:39:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And what do you think about THIS ?

Bad, bad english

PlainCoil
#17 Posted : 2/2/2010 4:11:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Piece of string
glass wine bottle
open container of ice water
IPA
Lighter
Sandpaper

Dip the string in IPA til it's soaked. Tie this string around the bottom of your glass wine bottle (to cut off the bottom).

Hold the bottle horizontally and light the string on fire. Rotate the bottle so all of the string catches even flame, and the glass underneath gets evenly hot.

Dip the bottom of the bottle into the ice water. If it worked, the bottle should snap cleanly where the string was, leaving you with a glass bottle top.

Use this to make a gravity bong, maybe using a larger wine bottle as the bucket. Bowls are easy to improvise.

Don't forget to sand and wash off the cut you made, to avoid nicks and glass dust.

There is a youtube video that outlines how to cut glass with string. You should probably give that a watch before attempting this.

deweeb
#18 Posted : 2/3/2010 12:14:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

arimane wrote:
And what do you think about THIS ?

Yuck , plastic city man !Shocked

#19 Posted : 2/3/2010 12:51:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could make one out of a separatory funnel somehow?
Sic transit gloria mundi

#20 Posted : 2/3/2010 12:54:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

haha, just found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTDCNYl2RqY
that is some pretty impressive home engineering!
Sic transit gloria mundi

12NEXT