We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Teapot Vaporization Options

MariaCurie
#1 Posted : 1/19/2021 10:20:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm wondering if anyone has tried using a small metal teapot with a lid for vaporizing DMT?

I know there are so many other options, but one could have one lying around that would make for an excellent vaporisation instrument. I see it being executed as so:

1. Put the measured quantity of spice in the pot, then put the lid over the teapot.

2. Bend the teapot 45 degrees or more (let the nozzle face upwards, this is where inhalation will be done), we want as much of the raising vaporized spice to leave through the nozzle and not openings in the lid.

3. Heat the area under the spice sufficiently while holding down on the lid.

4. Put mouth on nozzle, slightly open the lid (You might not even need to slightly open if the lid isn't so tight. DO NOT OPEN LID COMPLETELY TO AVOID WASTAGE) and inhale all the vapour at once.

I haven't tried this personally as I do not have any spice on hand currently. I'm heading back to my school campus soon and won't be able to test this out probably till mid February, but theorethically I believe this should work pretty well.

Wouldn't mind feedback from anyone that wants to try it before me

The teapot I intend on using:

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Woolmer
#2 Posted : 1/20/2021 7:03:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aaa this gave me a good chuckle Laughing. How did you come to think of this?

Logistically, I don't think it would be very efficient if you just dumped DMT onto the bottom. Conduction has been shown time and time again to not be a good vaporization technique. It does remind me a bit of this thread which utilizes conduction but the difference is a teapot has a much bigger flat bottom and dmt will run away from the heat whereas with a smaller bowl for a bong it cannot spread out much.

Perhaps a way to work with convection is by setting up a mesh elevated from the bottom and then putting the dmt on top. One would need to experiment with distances from a flame to find the optimal temperature as is done in the thread linked.

Also, some extension might be needed on the stem of the teapot as it might get too hot to put your mouth to (not to mention the vapor coming out as well).

AikyO
#3 Posted : 1/21/2021 12:21:56 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

This is such a cool idea, though there maybe more potentiality with teapot shaped pipe.

Would be interesting to know how it goes if you were to try anw ^^

安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

Cognitive Heart
#4 Posted : 1/21/2021 2:44:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Wouldn't mind feedback from anyone that wants to try it before me

Laughing You're probably better off buying or making your own vaporgenie. In fact, there are plenty of threads discussing this very topic, already.

Woolmer wrote:
Also, some extension might be needed on the stem of the teapot as it might get too hot to put your mouth to (not to mention the vapor coming out as well).

My thoughts, exactly. Not to mention holding the apparatus would be too difficult to manage while trying to inhale DMT sufficiently. This method of administration would not be efficient nor safe.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

jingamin
#5 Posted : 2/3/2021 8:21:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Woww this is such a cool idea

grimlid
#6 Posted : 2/7/2021 7:53:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the lid would have to allow for a "breather" entry to allow a flow of air through the pot in order to get flow to the mouthpiece. Theoretically cracking the lid a hair while sucking on the mouthpiece would suffice. Much like an air return on a home furnace. Without the differential pressure the vapor would stay static. Just an opinion though I have HVAC training.
"I think; therefore I might be."

YSS2020
#7 Posted : 2/9/2021 4:21:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aside from what's been mentioned, I think this may not be the best idea.
You'd have to have it quite hot and sufficiently loaded due to the spice wanting to condense to the sides.

I could just picture someone leaning face-first over a hot teapot and/or burner while entering hyperspace. That could potentially be painful..