We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
SSRI blocking effects of DMT? Options

potato
#1 Posted : 1/12/2021 4:38:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have found that since starting Zoloft 100mg, DMT has almost no effect on me. A substantial smoked dose gives me a weak body rush lasting about 30 seconds. That's it. Before Zoloft, DMT affected me normally. A friend who takes Paxil has experienced the same thing. Anyone else experience this, first-, second-, or third-hand?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Underclocked
#2 Posted : 1/12/2021 2:40:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pharmaceuticals kill it.... Almost all and any will rapidly decrease the effects. Example is a friend of mine takes adderall and always takes a 2-3 day break before indulging in the molecule. Sometimes 5 days if there is going to be any MAOi involved. That may be reckless but has noticed no effects and has been doing it for about a year meow.

RoundAbout
#3 Posted : 1/12/2021 3:33:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Underclocked wrote:
Pharmaceuticals kill it.... Almost all and any will rapidly decrease the effects.

That's not true. SSRIs are known to reduce/change the effects of vaporized DMT, and I'm sure many other drugs change the experience also... but certainly not all. I don't think I need to offer personal anecdotes or paste in others' experiences to support this.

Fruit is life
#4 Posted : 1/12/2021 11:17:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah pretty sure serotonin will compete with dmt for receptor sites, my friend who is on a pharmacuetical ssri is quite insensitive to dmt, although it obviously still effects him, there is not much substance to his experiences he reports, and he needs 5x the dose I would need to get somewhere
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

Allegro Vivo
#5 Posted : 1/13/2021 1:47:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read that SSRIs are experience-dampeners for sure. From recent personal experience I can attest that, for me, the SARI trazodone (Desyrel) certainly seems to inhibit DMT. This is all new personal territory but I believe some (?) of the mechanism of action is the same. Hey, three of the the initials are identical! (it's a serotonin antagonist and reuptake inhibitor)