We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New STB Idea- Help Options

Cheeto
#1 Posted : 1/30/2010 8:40:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

oops, i mean a/b idea, not stb

I'm tired of waiting for my fumaric acid, and i thought of an idea. will this method work?

1.Soak Bark with [(5g)citric acid + water(100ml)] for a few hours.
2.Filter well, no floating particles.
3.Add calcium hydroxide(Not sure how much)

If i do this Freebase-DMT should crash out as it basifys shouldn't it?
They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Cheeto
#2 Posted : 1/30/2010 10:19:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

After some reading i see something like this has been attempted, but i'm confused, is DMT-freebase a solid or oil in water?
They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

narmz
#3 Posted : 1/30/2010 10:47:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Calcium Hydroxide is not very soluble in water, I think sodium carbonate may work better for your purposes, maybe someone else can chime in on this?
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 1/30/2010 10:57:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

A few problems: Calcium hydroxide isn't very water soluble and is never used to basify in solution for that reason (see limtek extraction on the wiki). There would also be plenty more coming out in the citric acid solution than just product, so that may hinder the process. SWIM couldn't imagine this working at all, and though sodium carbonate would likely be the best choice for a base for this process, there's no telling whether it will be able to initiate precipitation. The only way SWIM could possibly imagine this working is if THP is used to make the initial brew with no heating and plenty of flushes, then the solution is saturated with sodium carbonate; even then, it's highly unlikely to work.

Any number of components in the brew may result in holding the freebase product in suspension or even possibly a buffered solution or some combination of the two. What SWIY's proposing is simply to make a huasca brew and basify (an A/B using weak reagents) without an NPS to pull...highly unlikely to work.

Cheeto
#5 Posted : 1/30/2010 11:16:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What would one suggest in SWIM's case, currently he just has powdered bark soaking in citric acid and water.

Chemicals at hand.

Acetone
Naptha(Would like to not use, but if he has to...)
D-LIMONENE

Calcium hydroxide
Citric acid

endlessness
#6 Posted : 1/30/2010 11:22:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well SWIM would definitely go the limonene way... so base the solution, do limonene pulls, salt the limonene with vinegar solution or FASW, evap that and freebase by making paste with sodium carbonate, dry that and pull with acetone or IPA to get the freebase full range spice

its a couple of steps more from an STB but its worth it in SWIM's opinion

Cheeto
#7 Posted : 1/30/2010 11:38:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Well SWIM would definitely go the limonene way... so base the solution, do limonene pulls, salt the limonene with vinegar solution or FASW, evap that and freebase by making paste with sodium carbonate, dry that and pull with acetone or IPA to get the freebase full range spice

its a couple of steps more from an STB but its worth it in SWIM's opinion

Swim dosen't have any sodium carbonate, all he has is calcium hydroxide. Should swim just filter and let dry most of the way and base with lime paste, then continue on with the rest of the limonene way with calcium hydroxide?

amor_fati
#8 Posted : 1/31/2010 5:37:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Cheeto wrote:
Swim dosen't have any sodium carbonate, all he has is calcium hydroxide. Should swim just filter and let dry most of the way and base with lime paste, then continue on with the rest of the limonene way with calcium hydroxide?

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Conversion_of_Sodium_Bicarbonate_into_Sodium_Carbonate

Give the whole thing (with the bark) a hot water bath until most of the water is gone (til it's just quite moist), mix in a good portion of lime VERY thoroughly (if the amount of water left in the mix wasn't enough to thoroughly moisten the mixture with lime until a doughy consistency, add a little bit more), and stir in some limonene to grab the actives (essentially what SWIY mentioned above). Pull from the limonene with vinegar, evap the vinegar, mix the goo with a good portion of sodium carbonate and a bit of water, and retrieve freebase using either of these methods. SWIM recommends the hasty nontoxic method, follow the reference to his own tek for more detail. The acetone could be used for a drytek conversion, but epsom salt (MgSO4) rendered anhydrous would be required.

The process outlined above a limtek approach to recovering SWIY's extraction.

Absolutely do not strain the acid solution from the bark and basify, if that's at all under consideration, as it probably doesn't have all the actives and would require a stronger base, as well. What SWIY has on hand is perfectly suited for limtek (SWIY does need a bit of baking soda, though) as long as most of the water is gotten rid of.