We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
The main difference between DMT and Mushrooms Options

obliguhl
#1 Posted : 1/30/2010 8:57:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What is it? My friend has never tried Mushrooms. The respect was just too high, not to forget the extreme negative conditioning. That has somewhat vanished. But he's still unsure how to approach them the right way. He's got something like 20 sub breakthrough experiences under his belt and wonders what to expect.

He has heard that mushrooms are more emotional and that they cause more "mind fuck" (whatever that means).

What makes them special compared to other psychedelics and what are they good for? He's found someone to send him some spores to peru and now he is getting his first pins as I've heard. So it shouldn't be long now. He also wants to say that growing is a very rewarding activity and establishes a whole new relationship with the fungus right from the start.

They're just too cute.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 1/30/2010 9:29:21 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Well, mushrooms are mushrooms. This is what SWIM and his friends after endless trip comedowns have concluded.

To begin with, set and setting are far more important and they cannot be underestimated at all when taking mushrooms, especially high doses. The tripalso depends on the dosage, with low doses being for giggles and some visuals, basically very euphoric but at higher doses the real character of the mushroom is felt.

The latter includes so many things. OEVs CEVs, almost breakthroughs at the peak, and a trip to insanity (this both good and bad). The mushrooms will first destroy you, then laugh at you and then help you get reconstructed again. It is really weird and difficult to put into words. Basically mushrooms are mushrooms.

SWIM had utterly euphoric trips on mushrooms, he also had utterly horrific bad trips on them (the ones who, when the mindfuck starts, there's no hope at all) and he also had trips with extreme ups and downs. All of them always led to a great ending, and all of them led to very positive changes in his life.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Virola78
#3 Posted : 1/30/2010 10:19:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Well, mushrooms are mushrooms. This is what SWIM and his friends after endless trip comedowns have concluded.

To begin with, set and setting are far more important and they cannot be underestimated at all when taking mushrooms, especially high doses. The tripalso depends on the dosage, with low doses being for giggles and some visuals, basically very euphoric but at higher doses the real character of the mushroom is felt.

The latter includes so many things. OEVs CEVs, almost breakthroughs at the peak, and a trip to insanity (this both good and bad). The mushrooms will first destroy you, then laugh at you and then help you get reconstructed again. It is really weird and difficult to put into words. Basically mushrooms are mushrooms.

SWIM had utterly euphoric trips on mushrooms, he also had utterly horrific bad trips on them (the ones who, when the mindfuck starts, there's no hope at all) and he also had trips with extreme ups and downs. All of them always led to a great ending, and all of them led to very positive changes in his life.

Yes that is a nice way of putting it.

Perhaps i can add that on high doses it is best to be alone.
If you cannot let go (flow) then you will end up in a loop, acting like a retard.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 1/30/2010 10:28:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yep all they said.. ^

there's many other subjective differences, but its hard to explain.. For example, at least for me, the effects and visuals of dmt seem more ' pointy, edgy', while of mushrooms its more 'round, wavy'...

also in high doses, with dmt I get electric buzzing noises, spiralling harmonic-scales moving up and down at different rythms, etc.. With mushrooms the high doses auditory hallucinations, I can sometimes hear very random sounds and human voices saying different words, random river of sounds unfolding.

I tend to yawn a LOT in the come up of mushrooms, and the come up is quite often uncomfortable, specially high or unknown doses.. But once it sets in, can be amaaaaazing.

Also as with infundibulum, I feel mushroom experiences can be incredibly enlightening and leading to positive changes, even the insanity trips.

Lastly, I must say both together is the best combo SWIM ever tried (not that he tried many but still, its definitely fantastic!). Smoking a normal breakthrough dose of dmt in the post-peak of mushrooms can take the experience to a heavenly level: Its beaaaautiful beyond description, and the visuals are noticeably slower than with straight dmt, you can pay attention to things better, also incorporate whatever you see/learn better. The shock from the start when one smokes dmt when sober, doesnt happen if one consciousness is already under the influence of mushrooms, its a great platform to launch from. The recollection is also better.

Intuitively, it feels for me as if the different substances are like musical chords, and some are harmonious with each other and others not, and dmt and mushrooms are definitely very harmonic.

Smile

joebono
#5 Posted : 1/30/2010 12:04:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The two can best be compared if we are talking about ayahuasca/pharmahuasca/oral DMT and mushrooms. I find that the two trips have a lot in common. Oral DMT is more infused with violets and pinks and comes on in waves. There are moments in a DMT trip where I feel almost normal and that is the calm before some wacky wave of DMT awareness washes over me. Mushrooms are more or less steady. My CEVs are more pronounced on oral DMT trips and there is that distinct hyperspacial theme present. Mushrooms are usually darker and the mindfuck is not as loving as lady aya. The peak of a DMT oral trip is majestic and noble and playful where the mushroom peak has me squirming in discomfort. The mushroom thoughts aren't as interesting or profound as the knowledge gifted to me on DMT. Shrooms are like some wizard who lives in a log cabin and he sort of likes you and oral DMT is like God disguised as some hot nutty blonde who both wants to fuck you and fuck with you. After the peak though, the trips can almost be identical. The two have more much in common than not.

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 1/30/2010 2:35:07 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Virola78 wrote:
If you cannot let go (flow) then you will end up in a loop, acting like a retard.

There's a fine line for this, esp on mushrooms. For SWIM at least, and for some of his most horrific bad trips letting go was leading downwards to the heart of hell of utter insanity. And basically when you try to hold back and fight it you also lead yourself downwards to the heart of hell of utter insanity. This really happens when you got whatever issues (with life, friends, gf, etc) and take high doses, at least for SWIM. But in the end mushrooms always give you grace and that's because mushrooms are mushrooms.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

polytrip
#7 Posted : 1/30/2010 8:28:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Each type of shroom is different. There are a few typical mushroom effects, but not every shroom has them to the same extent.

Powerfull mushrooms experiences all have the same quality as DMT, but a different 'character'.

-Visualy, mushrooms are often a bit more colourfull than DMT, but a little less sharp and geometrically detailed. Colours of mushroom visuals can be extremely bright compared to those of DMT visuals. But DMT visuals can show a greater variety in shapes.

Some mushrooms also give extreme visual distortions, where everything starts whirling while other type of mushrooms totally lack this. Especially with the p.azurescens, this is very DMT-like.

-Mushrooms don't always give auditory hallucinations but when they do, they are often much more intense than the auditory effects of DMT. I find that semilanceata and azurescens can both be very auditory.

-Many shrooms have more physical side-effects than DMT. Especially trembling and shaking can be extreme with some types of shroom. The copelandia cyanensis lacks this effect though. You can also feel cold on some shrooms and there can be nausea. Yawning also occurs.

The bodily sensations are more or less the same for me, as with DMT.
But not all shrooms give them that much. The aphrodisiac effects they can give is also the same as with DMT, but there are also shrooms that are the opposite of aphrodisiacs.

-Mental effects are on the same level as with DMT, but some shrooms do give you more a 'pungent' feeling of loss of control/insanity.
The euphoriant effects of semilancaeta and cyanensis are very strong as with DMT. But shrooms can also have a more dreamy effect than DMT.

DMT has a more overwhelming sensation. Shrooms give you that sensation only in very large amounts, although it feels the same at that moment.

Many type of shrooms feel a bit toxic, contrary to DMT.
Toxins probably play a huge role in the quality of your shroom experience. When a shroom is high in toxins, you will have a less pleasant trip and especially large amounts will give much more uncomfortable side-effects and mentally fucked-up feelings.

Shrooms that are void of toxins or very low in them don't have this negative quality at all. Of all shrooms, the cyanensis is probably the lowest in toxins, followed by semilanceata.

Kartikay
#8 Posted : 1/30/2010 9:04:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shrooms can provide the overwhelming experience on occasion, but only if you make tea with them. That lets you convert the psilocybin into psilocin faster.

If just taken orally, then my personal experiences with magic mushrooms have all been about the same as LSD, except shorter and with some euphoria.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

narmz
#9 Posted : 1/30/2010 10:05:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mushrooms... a beautiful form of existence, so natural and so much to teach.

They hold far too much to be explained by a single person, even in a single wavelength of experience.

If they are going to be done with someone else, if the person is not planning on going in alone, which I highly suggest against doing if it is their first time, then lay down some ground expectations for them. Let them know this, you may get confused, and you may slip over your words and get embarrassed and that could drag you deeper away, but don't let that happen, realize that you are only slipping over your words because you are gaining a glimpse at something you've never worded through your mouth before.

Under the influence of mushrooms, folks pick up on vibes like it were their second-language, if anyone feels anyone else is being a negative influence, they project that shit at light speed, and the other people pick up on it and wonder what the fuck is up. Things get hairy, quick, everyone needs to understand that everyone else has pure love, no alternate motives, just there for the experience of being in that state. Establish this before dosing.

Give in. Don't hold yourself back, let them show you what they want, you put them in your body, they are a part of you now, there is no one-way street with mushrooms, you can't tell them how to effect you, it's give and take like most things in life.

Have fun.
Have pure fun.

Positivity has never steered me wrong with the fungi.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

VisualDistortion
#10 Posted : 1/31/2010 4:43:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mushrooms are amazing. They are our friends. There is no need to fear them. They can inspire you, teach you to love and respect nature, others, and yourself. They can tear you down, but they will always build you back up. They will magnify the greatness within you. Most times shrooming is an experience of pure joy and jubilation. On a rare few occasions you will cry. Taken in nature and among friends, there is not a better bonding experience between people. Sitting around a campfire, discussing the mysteries of the universe with friends, few times you will find yourself more at peace and more in touch with yourself, nature, and others.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

narmz
#11 Posted : 1/31/2010 7:01:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
Mushrooms are amazing. They are our friends. There is no need to fear them. They can inspire you, teach you to love and respect nature, others, and yourself. They can tear you down, but they will always build you back up. They will magnify the greatness within you. Most times shrooming is an experience of pure joy and jubilation. On a rare few occasions you will cry. Taken in nature and among friends, there is not a better bonding experience between people. Sitting around a campfire, discussing the mysteries of the universe with friends, few times you will find yourself more at peace and more in touch with yourself, nature, and others.

Perfect, explains it all.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

Bancopuma
#12 Posted : 1/31/2010 10:46:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't really add much that hasn't been said already...but the similarities between mushrooms and DMT are many. I find mushrooms more liquid, a large dose kind of washes over your system like a tsunami of electroplasm, I feel VERY comfortable with mushrooms, even at high doses...they seem to like me, and I them. My only uncontrollably weird experience was combining far too many of them with some Syrian Rue...although that experience, while harrowing, was incredible unto itself. Oh yeah and mixing species...I got a mushroom stomping for that. DMT feels more rigid and electric and digital in nature than mushrooms (at least smoking it does). It weird though, having dabbled with DMT, mushrooms now put me in a VERY similar space to DMT...but for longer, in a more slowed down, warm and less confrontational manner than DMT can be sometimes at least.

Its interesting though polytrip, I would agree with you that Copelandia cyanescens, followed by Psilocybe semilanceata are the least toxic feeling of the mushrooms...both these seem to have quite a similar siganture, I think of the cyanescens as like a tropical equivalent of the semilanceata...both very powerful, yet lucid, clear, crystalline. While Psilocybe cubensis are by far the most commonly used species, it may be that these have more of the these toxins in than these other species. I would really like to journey with Psilocybe mexicana and the wood lovers P. cyanescens and azurescens at some point in the future.

jamie
#13 Posted : 2/1/2010 2:41:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

mushrooms are very very awesome...I think ayahuasca and mushrooms are the best psychedelics around...both preferred to vaped DMT I think...though vaped DMT is close..oral DMT+maoi's and oral psilocin are more benificial..and alot closer to eachother..

Vaped DMT can be very cold and impersonal at times.
Long live the unwoke.

q21q21
#14 Posted : 2/1/2010 3:53:45 AM

SWIM

Probably a lot to read but SWIM will add one more piece:

Mind chatter is much greater on mushrooms. Your mind will be asking questions almost non-stop so having a sober sitter can really help.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

biopsylo
#15 Posted : 2/1/2010 5:33:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
He has heard that mushrooms are more emotional and that they cause more "mind fuck" (whatever that means).

What makes them special compared to other psychedelics and what are they good for? He's found someone to send him some spores to peru and now he is getting his first pins as I've heard. So it shouldn't be long now. He also wants to say that growing is a very rewarding activity and establishes a whole new relationship with the fungus right from the start.

for me, i think the mind fuck has happened when larger quantities were taken without any real intent, possibly too casually, and in a place that was too bizarre to start with.
low doses can be really fun, and meaningful when shared with friends.

but high doses for me will need to be alone, after meditating and fasting for a bit, and in a place where i will be warm, dry, quiet, and comfortable to lay down.

growing them from spores is probably the best way to form a symbiotic relationship with them. they have traveled for eons to arrive on earth, and want to get to know usSmile

polytrip
#16 Posted : 2/1/2010 7:40:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
mushrooms are very very awesome...I think ayahuasca and mushrooms are the best psychedelics around...both preferred to vaped DMT I think...though vaped DMT is close..oral DMT+maoi's and oral psilocin are more benificial..and alot closer to eachother..

It's best to just considder mushrooms to offer a variation on the DMT experience.

The fact that (most of the time) they're taken orally like ayahuasca, makes them feel more natural and easyer to adapt to.

You slowly drift into hyperspace, instead of being catapulted.

deweeb
#17 Posted : 2/1/2010 10:57:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great topic and fantastic reply's . I find the comparison of mushroom varieties curious , each effect differing in it's own way . Has anyone tried stones (ie:Atlantis) as a further comparison ?

jamie
#18 Posted : 2/2/2010 12:08:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

polytrip wrote:
fractal enchantment wrote:

It's best to just considder mushrooms to offer a variation on the DMT experience.

The fact that (most of the time) they're taken orally like ayahuasca, makes them feel more natural and easyer to adapt to.

You slowly drift into hyperspace, instead of being catapulted.

Yes I agree..psilocin is basically DMT...when i first smoked DMT i couldnt believe it..it was basically an instant mushroom trip..this is why i dont understand why people think DMT is the most powerful of the psychedelics..in a way it is because of the delivery system(smoked)..it hits so fast and you can take large doses eaisy becasue its pure chemical compared to a handful of mushrooms...but if you have broken through with mushrooms you just know...im talking like 5-6 grams of cyanescenes...makes vaped DMT seem more benign becasue with a dose of psilocin like that you are there for HOURS...

Most people dont take psilocin that way..they take small doses and go to parties, raves etc...there is alot of talk about how DMT has to be used this way and that way..and how its sooo sacred and dont take it recreationally etc..same with aya..and I agree..BUT i feel the same way about mushrooms..becasue they DO BASICALLY THE SAME THING..trust me..you eat enough you will gain soossosossos much respect for what mushrooms can really do..

Its the same way with how I know so many people that eat mushrooms..yet are like blown away or something when i tell them i drink ayahuasca..they start talking about they want to try it but they are afraid etc..but i find it sort of ironic becasue lately i am more willing to drink aya then I am to eat mushrooms..becasue in some ways mushrooms are MORE scary..you just have to eat enough to realize that.

These days i couldnt imagine taking mushrooms in any situation where I wouldnt take ayahuasca.

I dont like to tell people this but alot of people i know I think sort of "abuse" mushrooms..not really abuse them but dont take it seriousily and just mix them into all kinds of shit foods to mask the taste and drink with them and party etc...and they always want to me come and trip with them..becasue i used to eat TONS of mushrooms..like 2 nights a week..but im not into it anymore..the last time i took mushrooms was in september and i went up to squamish BC..in the middle of nowhere in some valley and had an all night ceremony with friends and it was amazing..when you treat mushrooms like you would ayahuasca..they really will give you so much in return.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#19 Posted : 2/2/2010 1:05:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

deweeb wrote:
Great topic and fantastic reply's . I find the comparison of mushroom varieties curious , each effect differing in it's own way . Has anyone tried stones (ie:Atlantis) as a further comparison ?

Yes. The thing is that these days there are many variety's of atlantis. They used to be weaker than most other mushrooms, but there are atlantis variety's these days, that come very close to copelandia cyanensis. You need to take a little bit more of them, but 15 grams of fresh truffles will give you a good mushroom trip comparable with 10 grams of fresh cyanescens.

obliguhl
#20 Posted : 2/4/2010 4:19:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Guy, I absolutely love your replys full of insight and detailed knowledge!! Thank you, you're amazing! Let me say thank you with a recent picture. I think now it's time to harvest for my friend. They're almost his only fruit out of 9 cakes....but better than nothing...
obliguhl attached the following image(s):
mushred.JPG (87kb) downloaded 273 time(s).

12NEXT