We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
MAOI's: Many variations on a theme???!!!!! Options

barkbee
#1 Posted : 12/30/2020 6:56:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have scoured Pubmed and UTSE but I have not found any anecdotal nor per reviewed analysis on how the different subtypes of MAOIs (RIMA's for example)interact with DMT or is there simply not a big enough difference to worry about?

Would Selegine, a selective inhibitor of MAO-B interact differently than the older irreversible and non-selective monoamine oxidase inhibitors?

Would Moclebimide as a RIMA interact differently?

I have no idea or experience to share but it got me thinking that perhaps this should be explored as a harm reduction point of potential interest.

Are we being too general in our categorization when discussing interactions with MAOI'S?

I will continue to explore this but if anyone with a better understanding of the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic variations within different subgroups of MAOI's can point me to the motherlode I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for reading
cheers

“People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.” Michel Foucault, Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.