We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Weed, psychedelic? Options

Ramma
#21 Posted : 2/1/2021 9:21:54 PM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

PsyloCiBeen wrote:
In Confessions of an Hashish eater (1857),Fitz Hugh Louw was ingesting 15 to 25 grams of hash at a time and reporting fantastical definitely psychedelic scenes. When I had access to Afghan Gold Hash (a wondrous whole kilo of it) I was working my way up to that dose and definitely noticed different stages of bliss and expansion before the cops took it away : - / Of course one needs to be careful and I believe it did have a negative impact on their digestive system, and they were racked with stomach pains.

HAHAHAHA no waaay dude. How can you eat 25 grams of cannabis and not AT THE VERY LEAST just black out, at the worst get a fucking heart attack, that shits insane. Anythiny at or above 3 grams seems impossible to fathom
Behold, a sower went out to sow

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Fruit is life
#22 Posted : 2/3/2021 3:17:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

https://youtu.be/kunOuPof3UI
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

Seeingisbelieving
#23 Posted : 5/2/2021 12:54:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting study done correlating certain population groups and genes with hallucinating after ingesting cannabis.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41398-019-0639-7

Voidmatrix
#24 Posted : 5/14/2021 12:22:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I have not read this myself, but seems appropriate and may be appealing to many of you.

Psychedelic Cannabis: Breaking the Gate by Daniel McQueen.

He and his wife run The Center for Medicinal Mindfulness out of Boulder and are both involved (I think they be the heads of) the DMTx project also in Boulder.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ommani
#25 Posted : 5/14/2021 1:11:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember having too much hash oil some years back, and throwing up for about two hours, as if I'd had a strong dose of harmalas. Mentally, it had an ego-death vibe similar to a medium dose of mushrooms. Afterwards, I felt great, and didn't touch weed again for a whole week, or so.

Voidmatrix
#26 Posted : 6/20/2021 12:36:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So... I had what appeared to be a slightly psychedelic experience with cannabis involved the day yesterday.

In the past 6 months (maybe more) my cannabis use has greatly reduced.

I drank some rue tea after work (3.5g), waited 45 min, the sublingually administered 30mg DMT complexed with 240mg | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | (2-HYDROXY).

That experience was mild.

Several hours later, I ate a 50mg edible. I had also taken a dab of a primarily a CBD concentrate.

I continued reading and started to notice that the letters appeared to be hovering on the page...

I glanced up, taking note of the flavor of my current perception. Boundary lines of individual objects, both physical and digital, was a great deal more pronounced, defined by what seemed to be a greater "contrast" between individual objects.

Objects outside my bedroom window had the same flavor, but also appeared to be breathing; shrinking and expanding.

My heart rate was slightly elevated, and there was a body resonance of such a high frequency that it felt electric.

These effects lasted a few hours, subsiding about an hour before I headed to bed.

Thought it a good idea to share given the nature of this Op.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

PedroSanchez
#27 Posted : 6/20/2021 10:27:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i have had a few very mild psychedelic experiences with cannabis in my life, but have never learnt to intentionally induce it despite years of trying to figure it out (off and on).
usually it is very mild, certainly not the same level as described in OP, so i wonder how much of the effect is related to other things that i have not been aware of, or forgotten to account for.

while typing this i have just thought of another aspect i did not investigate in enough detail, the strain, particularly the purity of the strain.
it is very difficult for me to do any work on this these days because my tolerance is so high that it is difficult for me to get above baseline. this thread has made me consider a tolerance break to revisit this research. if i can source some suitable seeds i might just do that.

Voidmatrix
#28 Posted : 6/20/2021 5:39:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PedroSanchez wrote:
i have had a few very mild psychedelic experiences with cannabis in my life, but have never learnt to intentionally induce it despite years of trying to figure it out (off and on).
usually it is very mild, certainly not the same level as described in OP, so i wonder how much of the effect is related to other things that i have not been aware of, or forgotten to account for.

while typing this i have just thought of another aspect i did not investigate in enough detail, the strain, particularly the purity of the strain.
it is very difficult for me to do any work on this these days because my tolerance is so high that it is difficult for me to get above baseline. this thread has made me consider a tolerance break to revisit this research. if i can source some suitable seeds i might just do that.

I'm going to do some research in conjunction with a psychedelic guide class that also uses Cannabis to see if I can figure out how to make this happen more often. Will be sure to share whatever findings I stumble upon.

One love

Mitakuye Oyasin
#29 Posted : 6/21/2021 11:54:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My feeling is that if you have not yet found Cannabis to be psychedelic then you have yet not taken a large enough dose. It is easy to make your own decarbed Cannabis concentrate. One gram of this thick oil should contain anywhere between 400-900 mg of active THC. Using this concentrate and upping the dosing over time will allow one to more fully understand the potential of this substance. YMMV. ;-)
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Voidmatrix
#30 Posted : 6/22/2021 1:33:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
My feeling is that if you have not yet found Cannabis to be psychedelic then you have yet not taken a large enough dose. It is easy to make your own decarbed Cannabis concentrate. One gram of this thick oil should contain anywhere between 400-900 mg of active THC. Using this concentrate and upping the dosing over time will allow one to more fully understand the potential of this substance. YMMV. ;-)

Thank you! I definitely have some experimenting to do.

I think in the past my issue was more about tolerance. I was such a pothead (high all day everyday) by the time I'd eaten/drank anything that had over 500mg in it. I smoke and parttake a great deal less nowadays.

One love

Mitakuye Oyasin
#31 Posted : 6/22/2021 4:17:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I do not ever advocate for 'over dosing' any substance, especially psychoactive substances. So take this video with a grain of salt. The guy in the video is a master grower and claims to have come up with a method of making Cannabis edibles that skips going through the liver and goes directly into the lymphatic system, allowing the edibles to be felt within minutes and not an hour or more like normal. He calls this DirectFX technology. I have no experience with consuming this type of Canna edible and have yet to see the science of how the tech is made and how it actually works (or not) in the human body. *If anyone knows or finds out how to convert Cannabis THC-A into Canna edibles that work through the lymphatic system and not the liver I would be extremely interested to learn more about it and perhaps try to create some myself for personal use.

In this video the guys friend claims he almost never feels much from taking Canna edibles and has eaten a gram or two or Canna edibles at a time in the past without much of an effect on him. He agreed to consume roughly 10,000 mg or the equivalent of 10-13 grams of Cannabis Concentrate in one sitting, something I do not support or advocate. Learn from other people's mistakes is one of my rules to live by. I know my own body/mind and my own tolerances and would have over dose fatigue if I took more than 100 mg of Cannabis edibles at once.

With those warnings in mind, here is a video of someone who supposedly eats 10-13 grams of Canna Concentrate or 10,000 mg of THC all at once. Since he did not die, this shows it is humanly possible to consume this much THC and live to tell about it. Please do not try this at home. Enjoy:

https://youtu.be/yvyE7YwHe8M

;-)
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

PedroSanchez
#32 Posted : 6/22/2021 12:50:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

that was interesting to watch, thanks.
not sure i would trust anything those guys say, just a few little signs along the way, but he was undoubtedly experiencing something special there. as the curious explorer i am (and many others here also are) i can't help but wonder about the experience and consider ways of experimenting with my own versions.
he didn't eat all of it, but he still finished probably about 7-8g, which is probably about 5 times more than i have consumed in a whole day, but in one sitting Shocked

dragonrider
#33 Posted : 6/22/2021 4:09:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience there is a ceiling of somewhere around 2 grams, beyond wich the psychedelic effects stop increasing, no matter how much more you would decide to eat. You just get drowsier.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#34 Posted : 6/23/2021 2:34:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you are correct dragonrider. I believe the human body and mind have a 'cut off' point where you do not get more 'high' you just get more tired and require rest.
— Terence McKenna

Voidmatrix
#35 Posted : 6/23/2021 2:42:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
I think you are correct dragonrider. I believe the human body and mind have a 'cut off' point where you do not get more 'high' you just get more tired and require rest.

I wonder if that mechanism may have a range of action from very inhibiting to negligent "cutoff." When I was a pothead and high all the time, I'd keep smoking in a lot of situations because I still felt I was getting higher. I will concede to the possibility of placebo effect. But it was at the very least a continued feeling of getting higher.

One love

PedroSanchez
#36 Posted : 6/24/2021 10:04:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

my experience tends to lean towards having a "cutoff" too. for me, whatever i consume at first (maybe the first hour) seems to set the threshold. after that i do not get any more stoned, but further smoking will keep me stoned for longer.
if i only smoke a small amount in the first hour it does not work that way though, i can still get more stoned. i am glad about that, it would be very unfortunate if it did work that way.

dragonrider
#37 Posted : 6/24/2021 7:14:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, you have to smoke an awfull lot to even get near the effects of strong edibles. Maybe you could achieve the same effect with concentrates that are close to 100% THC, but i never managed to get as stoned from smoking just weed or hash, as i get from eating around say, even a gram of the stuff.

Normally i don't think you could smoke enough to get to that cut-off point. The effects are both weaker as well as shorter in duration, so with just weed or hash, you would probably have to smoke several grams in less than two hours time to get there.

That would be almost an olympic gold-medall kind of achievement.

MtHighlands
#38 Posted : 6/27/2021 3:49:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I’ve never had this with other psychedelics, but for some reason I get visions of cartoons when I have too much weed. And when I’m listening to music, which is often the case, they tend to dance around and morph into one another.

Occasional I see beautiful works of art which makes me wish I had the talent or skill to reproduce it. The last time I had a strong edible I had this vision where I felt as if my head was this super large room. I felt like I was in this room in my head, with a feeling of simultaneous space expansion and collapse. The room was shaped like a giant skull, and you could see the indentations and outlines of the nose and eyes socks from the inside. There were hundreds of people in this room and I was just one of them. We were all dressed like old school monks with shaved heads and robes. We were crowded around on some lower level with the expansiveness of the skull outline in the background. Above us, maybe on a second level, 4ft up or so, was some sort of pulpit with some other monk yelling, babbling nonsense at the rest of us, whilst finger wagging.

It didn’t have much of a particular emotional feeling, just interesting visuals. Not sure how to unpack that one. 😵‍💫

PREV12